X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Taos

Anyone ever been out to Taos, NM? I may be working out there starting thursday, in addition to LA, or instead, depending on how we can organize things. I have heard that it is beautiful but that is all that I know...
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Taos

/\ when are you coming back? IMAX and Batman will be restless.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
        • Apr 2007

[quote user="kira"]Anyone ever been out to Taos, NM? I may be working out there starting thursday, in addition to LA, or instead, depending on how we can organize things. I have heard that it is beautiful but that is all that I know...
        [/quote]</P>

I've only passed through Taos and didn't actually get to see any of the town. The skiing is great (wrong time of year i guess)and if you enjoy the outdoors you'll find tons of stuff to keep you busy. It really is a beautiful part of the state. I can't imagine there's much to do in the town itself other than buy a bunch of indian souveniers and see some arts &amp; crafts shows. It would bea great place to spend a few months though and i'd take it over LA any day.</P>

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]/\ when are you coming back? IMAX and Batman will be restless.
          [/quote]</p>

back in working order 24th of july- for the weekend and then off again...how about friday july 25th imax SZ outing for the dark knight?</p>

i understand if you cant wait that long. it looks really good!!!!!</p>

</p>

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="sam_tem"]

[quote user="kira"]Anyone ever been out to Taos, NM? I may be working out there starting thursday, in addition to LA, or instead, depending on how we can organize things. I have heard that it is beautiful but that is all that I know...
            [/quote]</p>

I've only passed through Taos and didn't actually get to see any of the town. The skiing is great (wrong time of year i guess)and if you enjoy the outdoors you'll find tons of stuff to keep you busy. It really is a beautiful part of the state. I can't imagine there's much to do in the town itself other than buy a bunch of indian souveniers and see some arts &amp; crafts shows. It would bea great place to spend a few months though and i'd take it over LA any day.</p>

[/quote]</p>

that is good to know. i have been told that it is amazingly beautiful... am working on a shoot out there so could be really nice, but i am a little bit inclined to have the relaxation of my hotel in LA and the pool and the beach. to make it work in Taos will really stress me out.</p>

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]

[quote user="Faust"]/\ when are you coming back? IMAX and Batman will be restless.
              [/quote]</p>

back in working order 24th of july- for the weekend and then off again...how about friday july 25th imax SZ outing for the dark knight?</p>

i understand if you cant wait that long. it looks really good!!!!!</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Actually, I like waiting. Gets all the crazies out of the theater first.</p>
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

me too. i cant stand waiting in line for hours for a good seat. but definitely want to see it at imax. think it will be great that way. [51]

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Can you get to Vancouver from Seattle by car? How long? Any other modes of transportation between the two cities?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

I'd imagine so, if I remember correctly Seattle is pretty close to the border, under 100 miles I think? and Vancouver is much closer</P>

just spent a few days in Paris, I'm actually glad we were there on a sunday as well, got to just hang around for a day. went to parks, Palais De Tokyo,and there wasone of those cheesy mobilecarnivalsat Jardin Des Tuileries [H]</P>

</P>
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Can you get to Vancouver from Seattle by car? How long? Any other modes of transportation between the two cities?
                      [/quote]</p>

it's around a 3 hr drive from downtown seattle. car is the best way. you can do bus i'm sure (never done it) or you could fly (expensive).</p>
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Boki
                        • May 2008

Re: Travel

[quote user="Divo"]

Even though I am a big fan of all the cosmopolitan cities the world has to offer, there are smaller gems to explore, like:</P>

- Krakow (Poland) --- spectacular medieval city which - miraculously - survived WW II without too much inflicted damage.... and of course a visit to Auschwitz which will grab you by the throat and will never let go of you;</P>

- Helsinki / Helsingfors(Finland) --- used to live in Finland forquite some time(Tampere, or Tammerfors for the Swedish among you) and always love(d) to pay a visit. It is not particularly beautiful, but the atmosphere is relaxed and you will find an eclectic mix of people,style, architecture, shops, restaurants and clubs</P>

- Brugge / Bruges(Belgium) ---not the first destination to come in mind, but combine it with a visit to Antwerp, Brussels and last but not least Bruges and step into a whole new world of medieval greatness;</P>

- Crete (Greek island) --- even though filled withhurdles of loud tourists, it's definitely my favorite place among the Greek islands. Ancient sites wherever you go, and amazing toexplore by scooter (which I have done with my GF and one of the best experiences I haveever had). People are uber-friendly and the food is great (don't eat near harbours, but visit small taverna's in little alleys of Rethymnon and Heraklion for great culinary experiences).</P>

Cheers and good luck with choosing a destination,</P>

Divo</P>
                        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

[/quote]</P>

You really hit the right nerve with Krakow and Auschwitz, its a spine chilling place. Krakow itself has got an amazing monastery made out of wax which is deeply interesting.</P>

I would also say the Adriatic sea is an amazing place to visit, which is the Dalmatian part of Croatia, the sea side, and Montenegro, the city of Budva is a lovely lovely place.</P>
                        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• Wiggles
                          • Sep 2008

Travel Help

If this thread doesn't belong here, sorry and please move it

So, I'm going to Paris in March for 5-6 days. It'll be my first time there, and I'm not sure what to do/where to go, so what does everyone recommend for hotels (moderate/cheap preferred), restaurants, shops (can't spend a ton, as I can't really afford this trip in the first place, but any and all thoughts please - really looking for things I won't see back in the US), must-sees/dos, etc? I'll also be coming from London, where I'll be for 3-4 days, and I've only been to London 1 or 2 times before years ago, so any recommendations for London as well are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• MikeN
                            • Nov 2007

You can find lists of shops here, but check out the superfuture maps for restaurants, hotels, museums, etc...

Comment

• MonsieurLéo
                              • Jan 2009

I can't really help you without knowing your budget since Paris is more or less like London when it comes to hotels. Though, you should definately check this website: http://www.0800paris-hotels.com/index_fr.asp?pub=G2hp

Comment

• Mikael
                                • Feb 2009

I cannot help for hotels because I live there but here is what I would recommand

Free (if under 25) : Louvres by night on friday (or wednesday but not free then)

Restaurants :

Cheap (10 / 20 euros) :

Sapporo restaurant - Rue St Anne (M : Pyramides) - Very nice japanese restaurant where you eat ramens and other cool meals

A bit expensive (50 / 70 euros) :

Le George - On top of Centre Pompidou museum (M : Rambuteau) - Typical lounge restaurant (you wont eat a lot) with a very nice sightseeing of all Paris

Musical Hall - Avenue F D Roosevelt (M : F D Roosevelt) - Same than Le George - sightseeing + funny lights on the walls - Try the "Foie de veau" if you eat meat

To have a drink:

Le George

Kong (M : Pont Neuf) but do not eat there

I am more into little rock bar but I just go to the place I like the most without them beeing really good unfortunately (that's why I do not mention them)

Other:

Angelina - Rue de Rivoli (M : Tuileries) Very nice hot chocolate + Chestnut dessert
                                -- Mikael

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎