X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ can you slow the fuck down with your posts? before i ban you.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

does anyone know of a cheap hotel in St. Barths around Christmas/New Years?

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

im goin back to london in a lil bit probably in winter , idk how long not that long though .
        ill prolly be alone this time which kinda blows but at least this time ill be able to hook up lol jusssst kiddin , does anyone have any recommendations for lodging thats not mad expensive ? i dont need anythin fancy really , just a warm bed and my own room and place to shower. i used to sometimes stay at this hostel there but the price skyrocketed since i was last there and my friend that i would stay with is gonna be here in the usa :(
        thanks

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

What's going on in Helsinki these days?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sinbad
            • Dec 2009

Late last year, I had to travel to Hokkaido,
            I was impressed with the beauty of the hotel and onzen.
            ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• Bosozoku
              • Sep 2008

Meneetko Suomeen? Guess it's european design capital 2011 if i am not mistaken,will let you know as i will be in finland for the upcoming three weeks.need any advices on hotels,restaurants?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not on hotels (maybe on hotel bars?), but restaurants, sure... and on anything else.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                  • Oct 2009

L.A. & San Francisco

Hey everybody,
                  need help concerning nice hotels in Los Angeles and San Francisco urgently.
                  Some leads on cool areas to stay and on nice but not too crazy priced (200-300$ per night for a double room) places to stay would be very much appreciated.

While you're at it shopping leads for the two cities wouldn't hurt either.

TIA
                  Cheers
                  T
                  "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ Jet-setter!

I stayed at the Clift in San Fran and liked the hotel (the area, not so much, but it's nothing bad). The nightlife area is the Mission district. Of course you gotta try some burritos there, but I don't know where. And, obviously, gotta go to both the Archive and Downtown! If you are there with a girl, Cielo is a nice store to visit (but one time I went the service was very Pretty Woman), as well as Gimmeshoes!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      /\ Jet-setter!

I stayed at the Clift in San Fran and liked the hotel (the area, not so much, but it's nothing bad). The nightlife area is the Mission district. Of course you gotta try some burritos there, but I don't know where. And, obviously, gotta go to both the Archive and Downtown! If you are there with a girl, Cielo is a nice store to visit (but one time I went the service was very Pretty Woman), as well as Gimmeshoes!
                      Thanks a lot man!
                      Had to cancel our Japan trip for obvious and beyond terrible reasons and are planning two weeks in LA and San Francisco right now.
                      Traveling with the gf (she says thanks) of course and will pay a visit to all affiliates in LA and San Fran for sure.

Keep em coming pretty please!

Cheers
                      T
                      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Trip to Berlin

Going to Berlin from the 25th to 27th of march...
                        Any tips on what to see / visit?
                        I saw that there is the MaerzMusik festival but the concert I wanted to see (Sandglasses) is already sold out

Already planned is visiting the Bunker (thanks to Campbell), Darklands (thanks to SZ) and Margaux (so looking forward).

edit. Mostly looking for
                        - food (both eating and copping)
                        - arts and culture
                        - shopping tips (beyond the obvious)

No need for advises regarding nightlife
                        Last edited by MoFiya; 03-13-2011, 07:29 AM.
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Helsinki

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Not on hotels (maybe on hotel bars?), but restaurants, sure... and on anything else.
                          E, I could help you with the Helsinki info..

For restaurants, check these out:
                          Rafla - modern European food with a friendly athmosphere and the price is right too.
                          Farang - an amazing blend of Asian dishes with a Finnish twist (a bit pricey though).

For shopping apart from our own Seven - Helsinki10, Beam and the shops around the Helsinki Design district would be my recommendations.

For going out Club YK or Nolla are probably the only two places in Helsinki that I have had a ball. Tavastia has also some decent gigs once in awhile, check out the calendar for these.

Hope this was helpful. If you got more questions, you can PM me.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Thought I'd bring this back up with a request from the Spanish members of SZ... been trying to purchase Renfe tickets on their website but to no avail. Apparently this is a common issue with people residing in the US.

There are 4 trip legs that I need to purchase. Is there someone that would be willing to do the purchasing for me online (so that I am able to get the Touristas rate)? There will of course be compensation

Thanks guys!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sinbad
                              • Dec 2009

This afternoon my sister Will travel to Croatia.
                              Not anyone in my country go here, Who in the SZ used to go to some here? I feel that this is not popular here. I know only of Zagreb and split I want to know the places to see, Food & Art Dentistry,Culture of this country.

If she come back and say a good place. Maybe this year I will probably go like her.
                              ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

Glasgow / Edinburgh

Can anyone point me to some good spots in glasgow/edinburgh, mainly glasgow. here for another week on business but keep in my mind my travel is very limited as i never got my "official" renewed license back in the states so i can't rent a car while here and i could only hit up edinburgh by train this weekend.

not looking for eating/shopping, just looking for important things to see or do like architecture, museums, etc. place seems pretty hopping so far though. might try to see Planningtorock saturday night and would love to get out to see Spiritualized at Queens Hall sunday night but i don't see any chance in hell of that happening. looks like a lot of interesting bands play at that King Tut's Wah Wah place.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎