X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Glasgow has a fantastic culinary scene. I was there years ago and had dinner at a seafood restaurant called Gamba and it was one of the best meals of my life. Otherwise the town is pretty crappy - but Johnny might fill you in. Edinburgh is gorgeous. Just stroll around in the old town, it's like walking in a fairy tale.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

thanks Faust, will try to check it out. ended up doing castles and other stuff this weekend so unfortunately i'm not going to make it over to Edinburgh. everyone says it's a lot prettier there whereas glasgow is more industrial.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
        thanks Faust, will try to check it out. ended up doing castles and other stuff this weekend so unfortunately i'm not going to make it over to Edinburgh. everyone says it's A LOT prettier there whereas glasgow is more industrial.
        Fixed
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hommedeguerre
          • Jun 2009

Heading to Reykjavik on Wednesday. I was there last year, but only breifly. Any recommendations? I really only drank at Kaffibarrin and Boston. Breakfast at Grey Cat and Prikid. Anyone with any educated opinions? I want to rent a car and drive for a full day...but where to? Just want ideas. I've been to thingvellir...but only at night...is it worth another visit?
          Le 21ème

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

hmm it appears I'll be in Montréal in approx 1 week, for an unknown period of time. 'sup Canada? anything fun to do there? shopping? all I know is I'm having a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's

(sorry for x-post just didn't get any response and I'll be arriving Oct 23rd, I think there is hope still)

Comment

• Atmosphere
              • Jan 2010

Last edited by Atmosphere; 03-28-2012, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• rottentomatoes.
                • Mar 2008

I'm travelling across East Europe this summer by train or bus. Anything I must not miss? Currently I've planned to visit Budapest, Krakow, Poznan and Bled at least.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

Hi all
                  I'm going to Scotland at the end of August. Could someone recommend a cheap but fairly central accomodation in Edinburgh for a couple of nights? Doesn't have to be fancy, but cleanliness is very much appreciated
                  Also one or two restaurant recommendations would be nice, but we will be poor and travelling on a student-like budget so no extravagance plz.

tips as to must-sees would also be nice

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

You must see the castle, obviously. It's nuts. Also, the neighborhood behind the castle is pretty.

Don't know about accommodations and cuisine. It's been 10 years.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

I'm only going to spend like one day there, so I guess castle and stroll would be it. aren't there any scots on here?

Comment

• unwashed
                        • Dec 2008

Gonna Backpack in Malaysia for a month next week. Mainly across Borneo and couple of days in Kuala Lumpur. Any recommendations for Kuala Lumpur for Hotels/food/drinks/nightlife/shops etc? Which islands are worth going to? We don't have a concrete route in mind yet besides The Sabah hotspots. Might learn to dive there as well. All info is welcome!
                        Grailed link

Comment

• Atmosphere
                          • Jan 2010

^
                          Isn't Fark from Malaysia? Haven't seen him on here in ages (I bet he got tired of 'darrrrk gothic styles' and moved on to Styleforum or something like it), but I guess you could try your luck and send him a PM asking for suggestions

Comment

• Atmosphere
                            • Jan 2010

Bumping this thread.

Has anyone on here been to Tel Aviv? Which bars, stores and restaurants are not to be missed?

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                              Gonna Backpack in Malaysia for a month next week. Mainly across Borneo and couple of days in Kuala Lumpur. Any recommendations for Kuala Lumpur for Hotels/food/drinks/nightlife/shops etc? Which islands are worth going to? We don't have a concrete route in mind yet besides The Sabah hotspots. Might learn to dive there as well. All info is welcome!
                              Maybe I'm too late...

in KL Istana hotel is central, relatively cheap and offers nice accommodations. There is no high end shopping of the type SZers are typically looking for (niche) that I know of but the Hermès/LV/Saint Laurent etc. labels can be found at Pavilion, a huge shopping complex you have to see at least once anyway. For Japanese & New Yorkers: there's a pretty good Ippudo at Pavilion. The Shangri-La hotel also has a nice Japanese restaurant. For nightlife I like No black tie, a small and discrete Jazz bar with good live shows. I like a restaurant called Indochine or cochine (not sure anymore) but maybe it's some sort of post-colonial nostalgia.

Best food in KL is to be bought on the street though, go to cheap places with plastic chair for maximum enjoyment.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ienjoybiscuits
                                • Oct 2013

Hey guys, I'll be holidaying in Beijing in December and a couple of nights in Shanghai, could anyone recommend me any nice places to shop and things I should check out? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎