X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • etgreg
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
    Wait till the 8 is announced & buy the 7 for half-off. New iPhone shouldn't be that much of a change, and the 7 is excellent so it'd be even better to just save / wait.
    Hey Kreskin are you serious?

I agree on waiting until the announcement, but are you predicting Apple is going take a back seat to the competition and not release something special for its 10th Anniversary iPhone? I don't have any predictions but...

A sample of the rumors.

Apple unveiled the new iPhone 8 today, which features Qi wireless charging, an A11 Bionic processor and a steel-reinforced glass back.

iPhone 8 specs we might see:

Three new models including two minor "S" upgrades and an all-new iPhone 8
    Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology and/or Ion-X glass
    Virtual home button
    Facial recognition alternative to Touch ID
    "Wireless" charging (i.e. inductive charging) and/or faster USB-C charging
    Dual-lens camera, possibly in a vertical configuration
    AR capabilities featuring rear-facing 3D laser for enhanced depth perception
    Support for the Apple Pencil
    Stainless steel and glass body
    Multiple color including a reflective, mirror-like finish
    Upgraded storage and memory, possibly starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM
    Intel or Qualcomm modem
    iOS 11 (preview)
    Enhanced water resistance or waterproofing
    Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio
    Apple's next-generation processor (the A10X or A11)
    Priced between $999 and $1,200 in the US, available in limited quantities to start

Comment

• Alan
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      My carrier is running a promotion where I can get a $300 rebate if I trade in my current iPhone 5S for 7, which would make the 7 around $400. Should I? Or suck it up and wait for the next one because it will be turbo-epic and worth $1,000?
      Faust, the sheer fact that you still use iPhone 5s says a lot; for instance, that you are not a gadget freak. I would have to agree with others and suggest that you wait until the announcement of the 8, then get the 7 for even cheaper. There's nothing Apple could invent that would impress a non-techie like you ;)

So, save the money
      And get the magnificent seven
      When eight drops from heaven

Comment

• goldsamxo
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by etgreg View Post
        Hey Kreskin are you serious?

I agree on waiting until the announcement, but are you predicting Apple is going take a back seat to the competition and not release something special for its 10th Anniversary iPhone? I don't have any predictions but...

A sample of the rumors.

Apple unveiled the new iPhone 8 today, which features Qi wireless charging, an A11 Bionic processor and a steel-reinforced glass back.

iPhone 8 specs we might see:

Three new models including two minor "S" upgrades and an all-new iPhone 8
        Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology and/or Ion-X glass
        Virtual home button
        Facial recognition alternative to Touch ID
        "Wireless" charging (i.e. inductive charging) and/or faster USB-C charging
        Dual-lens camera, possibly in a vertical configuration
        AR capabilities featuring rear-facing 3D laser for enhanced depth perception
        Support for the Apple Pencil
        Stainless steel and glass body
        Multiple color including a reflective, mirror-like finish
        Upgraded storage and memory, possibly starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM
        Intel or Qualcomm modem
        iOS 11 (preview)
        Enhanced water resistance or waterproofing
        Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio
        Apple's next-generation processor (the A10X or A11)
        Priced between $999 and $1,200 in the US, available in limited quantities to start
        I actually haven't heard ANYTHING involving the 8, so I was just shooting from the hip on my statement. I need to upgrade my 6, especially since I can thankfully with my plan so you just sold me on the 8. Didn't know they were going to change so much. Support with the Apple Pencil sold me since the only time I've used it was with my iPad and I genuinely want to use that thing more.
        Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
        Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Rumor has it that it will make your neck ache, your eyes cross, and your hands tingle. I understand purchase anxiety and working around the obsolescence, but I'll never understand the anticipation for what is incorrigibly an uncomfortable experience.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thanks, gents. I pulled the trigger anyway. $300 is pretty much half off. My 5S was barely charging, had a habit of typing by itself, and the back was all scratched up. I doubt that I would've gotten $50 for it.

Actually, I don't mind shelling out for technology when it makes sense. For example, I have the most expensive iMac, but that's my work machine. But a $1000 ($1100 after taxes) phone - Apple can fuck off. My OLED TV was $1300 and that's 55", not 8.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎