X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezor
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
    finally got around to picking up a blu-ray player and just wondering if anyone has experience trying to copy blu-ray discs.

will a standard dvd decryption and burning program still work on blu-ray discs or are there new programs you have to get specifically for blu-ray?
    In order to copy blu-ray discs you need a blu-ray burner and usual burning software like ImgBurn or something similar. What else you need to know?

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

thanks, i don't currently have a burner for it but i plan on looking them over this christmas season.

was just concerned that maybe the burning software is different and hard to get, but i've been using DVDShrink and Imgburn for my regular movies so if the same works for blu-ray then it sounds like i'm good to go.

Comment

• Geezor
        • Jun 2010

I am not sure if DVDShrink can work for blu-ray discs. ImgBurn can do the work for you and if you got problem with the encryption you can run AnyDVD HD (which is the bly-ray version of AnyDVD) while using ImgBurn to override the encryption.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
          they should get rid of optical drives on all laptops. the only time i've used it on mine since buying it 3 years ago was when i upgraded to snow leopard.
          i just got a cheap netbook and threw OSX leopard on it, i was a cheaper and more viable option for me

then i just did the same thing with my gaming setup at home since i run solidworks too, but with snowleopard

nobody believes me when i say i have a 6 core mac desktop though, phenom II x6 snow leopard anyone?

since i wanted to dual boot win 7/ osx for cheap

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
            Picked up a maxed out 13" Macbook Air today. It's amazing what they managed to put into such a small and light case. If you don't need the faster specs of a 15/17" MBP, this is without a doubt the mac to get.

Pricing is quite aggressive (by Apple's standards) too. If you add a 256GB SSD to a base model 13" Macbook Pro, it's $200 more expensive than a maxed out Macbook Air.
            Do you (or anyone else here) have experience running CS5 on it? How is it?

I'm looking at the 11 inch with the 1.6 GHZ processor and 4 gigs of RAM as my travel laptop, i know its not ideal for my purposes but the size and design are too hard to pass up.

Hoping to be able to do some image processing of 6-7MB image files and would be great if it could handle some 50MB illustrator files. What are the chances it can handle this?

Comment

• sshum88
              • Dec 2007

^ MBA running CS5

I'm considering the 13" MBA and run CS5 as well. I have been reading through all the different forums/reviews. I've found these guys to be pretty good with their reviews. They don't have a CS5 performance test...only a CS4 but it gives you an idea.

MBA

On the MBAs, it's really going to come down to how many applications/windows you have running at the same time and how well it releases back the memory. I use a MBP 15" 2008 with only 2GB RAM and if I've been working all day I notice my MBP slowing down. When I check Activity Monitor, it shows very little RAM available. I usually have to restart my MBP at that point.
              Originally posted by eat me
              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Monty76
                • Sep 2006

Great review! Thanks for the link.

Yeah, i'm thinking it is underpowered for my needs. Having trouble finding the right laptop, I need it rugged, powerful and light. I like the Toughbook S9 but its hard to pull the trigger at $2000+.

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

i used to have a brother laser printer. fast but noisey and really ugly. i was planning to refill the toner but the gear change on these is a pain in the ass.

now i got this today for $80 (cost of toner). a samsung ml-1630. super quiet. piano black. but only a 100 page drawer and no manual feed. but the toner is chipped and not geared. so refills should be a breeze.

i think for printing shipping labels, this is more than anyone would need. prints usb wireless airport base station np..

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Google just announced their new phone Nexus S, made by Samsung:

I'm already considering switching from the Nexus One for the better screen, camera, and well, just for the hell of it
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

So you did not stick with the Iphone then? I was so sure you would be hooked , especially from a UI perspective.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Any Apple experts in NYC (and beyond?) that can help me remove a MSFT Word for Mac virus from my desktop?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by swami View Post
                          So you did not stick with the Iphone then? I was so sure you would be hooked , especially from a UI perspective.
                          I had a 3G but have been a happy android user for quite a while, it suits my needs and preferences much better. The new iphone is of course a great phone, but lacks some elements I find useful in android.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• delirium
                            • Sep 2008

yeah, I'm excited for the Nexus S too.

actually excited for the whole next gen of Android...

Comment

• proxious
                              • Dec 2010

any techies here

i've seen lots of youtube videos helping to Unlock one's phone, but i find it very difficult, i decided to go with codes, i

even refered http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_lock and http://www.unlock-free.com/ , can i go ahead with this or is there

any other easier method ??

Comment

• uL7iMa
                                • Oct 2010

while the nexus S is a great phone, it is essentially the same as the samsung galaxy s which has been out for quite awhile now...

it might be better to wait out for the dual core samsung (update to the galaxy s) which is rumoured to be announced soon (prolly after the release of the nexus s)...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎