X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

It's an iMac desktop with Intel processor. About 4 years old. I rebooted in safe mode - nothing. Rebooted from installer disk, repaired the HD using the disk utility, says the HD is fine, and then nothing at startup. At startup the screen looks fine, but the Skype app hangs trying to automatically start, and I cannot do anything - only the beachball spin of death. I can't discern any unusual noises.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Computers suck.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

iphone versus android is the question. Blackberries are dinosaurs.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• skinfade
          • Jul 2010

Did anyone try the new Mac OS X Lion?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Anybody got an old, unlocked/unlockable BlackBerry they want to donate?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
              • Apr 2007

my favorite farewell to Mr. Jobs so far:
              The glamour of good design creates an aura of legitimacy around Steve Jobs' massive fortune

i guess it's obvious i'm no apple fan though, ever since folks started uploading m4a files onto file-sharing networks i've had a big bone to pick with their intentions and strategies. that said, i don't live in nyc or sf where an iphone or ipod is an essential part of living.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by skinfade View Post
                I am running it at work. Not bad, some nice features. Apple's tendency to ruin apps with appalling design features ( address books that look like...uhm, address books and calendars that look like ... You get my drift ) is unfortunately taken to new levels. Too much Mickey mouse to take it really seriously, but it all runs nicely.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2011

Got the BB 9780 recently, really happy with it. The desktop software won't fucking open though can't add any music : /

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Has anyone successfully unlocked their iPhone 4?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boomslang20117@
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by skinfade View Post
                      pretty damn good especially with a trackpad. But they have to fix the inconsistency of some of the gestures.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                        • Sep 2010

^^Agreed.

I am already pretty addicted to Lion. I find myself making trackpad gestures on my Dell at work and then think "Why the F*ck can't I use my powerbook at work?"...................

Lion is good. Overall a solid upgrade for a super cheap price. Microsoft would charge an order of magnitude for the generic "I copied this 3 years later and called it' Windows 8" version.

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Funny that Apple still has this progressive, even heroic image for some. The richest company in the world, following the equally heroic Exxon, existing in people's heads as the cool alternative to evil Microsoft. What the fuck, seriously. Updates that are super cheap compared to what? Other system updates are usually free. Apple will charge you for fucking everything possible. When the cloud is finally there (woooooooooooow, mystical), you will be able to pay for the music you paid for again! But only if itunes has it. No oscure rarities or bootlegs, just the music Apple wants you to listen to. That is progressive. Like 1984.
                          Last edited by DRRRK; 08-31-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

What if you just like their products?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

I can't separate the product from the company behind it.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

In that case, look around your apartment hard and see what evil you have supported throughout your life.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎