• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
    Cheers, so much better...
    Must say, now that I installed it on my Air as well I am starting to love the gestures.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Cheers, so much better...
      Must say, now that I installed it on my Air as well I am starting to love the gestures.
      The gestures were always supported by the Synaptics touchpad. It's just that they weren't in the default system prefs. There used to be an app that enabled all of these, and more.

The old app was actually significantly more full-featured than the newer lion stuff. I'm waiting to see if it gets revised ( areas for extra clicks, more gesture customization, that kind of stuff ). If it comes back, I'll put up a link.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i want to save my voicemails from my cell phone to digital files. i called vonage and they said i can get a vonage line and use my cell phone as an extention. so the cell phone voicemails can be ported to vonage's virual voicemail and i can hear and save voicemails as email attachments.

is there another way to get this without using an ip phone account?

Comment

• dmash
          • Jun 2011

Picked up the Droid bionic Thursday, been looking forward to this phone for a while now. Been using the very first, original Motorola Droid since the day it come out. VERY happy with how well it had held it's own over the past couple years.

I ordered the bionic at like 4:45 online Thursday with overnight shipping, so I missed the shipping cutoff for that day (4:30) resulting in it being shipped Friday with a Monday delivery date.

Comment

• tron
            • Dec 2010

I really wish android had the kind of app community as the iphone does. Really the only reason I chose an iphone over a droid is because of all the apps. Droid's are far superior phones for the most part and it's a much more open platform.
            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• dmash
              • Jun 2011

iPhone has more, but Google's Android apps are better AND they're free. + it's way easier for developers to release apps on Android than to release through Apple.

Let's not turn this into a iPhone vs. Android battle though. I just think it's silly when people claim I don't want the Android because of a lack of Apps. So what if it's like 200,000 apps versus 70,000. I find 70,000 EASILY exceeds anything I've ever wanted.

Comment

• Fenix
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by dmash View Post
                iPhone has more, but Google's Android apps are better AND they're free.
                Nothing better than free malware!
                Originally posted by hausofblaq
                Grow up.

Comment

• dmash
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by JoniF
                  Impending Android-vs.-iOS.
                  It's a constant argument that nobody ever wins. That's why I stated 'let's not start this battle'. I have a Macbook Pro, I LOVE it, however when it comes to mobile phones, I LOVE Android's platform much better than Apple's. Different strokes for different folks!.

Comment

• b_z
                    • Jul 2011

It's a constant argument that nobody ever wins. That's why I stated 'let's not start this battle'. I have a Macbook Pro, I LOVE it, however when it comes to mobile phones, I LOVE Android's platform much better than Apple's. Different strokes for different folks!.
                    Exactly... I love my Sony laptop and my iPhone...

iPhone and jailbreaked iPhone are two different things in my opinion, the latter being a much to Android (more apps that Apple wouldn't want on its store, many mods...)
                    My Photography: Website/Facebook Page

Comment

• dmash
                      • Jun 2011

Well on another aspect of mobile phones, have any of you guys used Verizon's 4G? I literally just found out today that my town has 4G and my address is covered I know guys hitting like 30mb download and 9mb upload speeds on their 4g cell phones. That's like double what my hardwired internet in the house is doing. WTF

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post
                        I really wish android had the kind of app community as the iphone does. Really the only reason I chose an iphone over a droid is because of all the apps. Droid's are far superior phones for the most part and it's a much more open platform.
                        out of curiousity, what is that you need but can't find for android?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

iPhone has more, but Google's Android apps are better AND they're free. + it's way easier for developers to release apps on Android than to release through Apple.

Let's not turn this into a iPhone vs. Android battle though. I just think it's silly when people claim I don't want the Android because of a lack of Apps. So what if it's like 200,000 apps versus 70,000. I find 70,000 EASILY exceeds anything I've ever wanted.
                          I love the games on the iphone. I guess I should have specified that because the android marketplace does have great apps for every day use but the game development is really lacking compared to IOS. I'm not trying to start a battle though. They're both great phones but there are some androids that are simply better than the iphone because of the specs.
                          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• DRRRK
                            • Aug 2009

Where is the like-button when you need one? I agree and as a recommendation, stick with the technological aspects in discussions about this.

Comment

• dmash
                              • Jun 2011

I also think its contradictory when people claim 'all the malware on Androids' but then they Jailbreak their iPhones which in turn takes away some of Apple's security in keeping your phone safe and opens it up just like Androids app policy.

Comment

• tron
                                • Dec 2010

Again I'm not trying to spark an argument. Both the brands are great I was just explaining my reasons for choosing a over b. Also I highly reccommend everyone that uses an iphone to jailbreak it and as well for android users to root theirs. Free apps for all!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎