Thread: Art (Contemporary and Otherwise)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Art (Contemporary and Otherwise)

I don't know if this post has already been made, but I am giving it a go.</p>

My favourite piece of art at this moment is:</p>

</p>

It's made by the artist Troels Carlsen.
    </p>

Default Re: Your Favorite art-piece(s)

By Klimt - "medicine" (study)
    </p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span></p>

and more.</p>

</p>

Small Self-Portrait(c. 1657) Rembrandt Harmensz. Van Rijn

I think this is one of the most beautiful self-portraits he ever painted. The manner in which he unsparingly depicts the marks of life on his face with the help of an unbelievably free application of paint. This self-portrait conveys in a double sense an image of the destruction of the face, on one hand the destruction to which the face has been subjected by the process of aging on the other hand, it is a violation of the likeness through the brutal use of brush and paint.

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 11-25-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Portrait Of The Painter Karl Zakovsek(1910) Egon Schiele

Schiele's muted palette underscoring the subject's melancholy mood. Though the sitter is dressed formal, in a three-piece suit, he is shirtless: the quintessential picture of the impoverished artist.

Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 11-25-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

^ Really like that one.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]</p>

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Portrait Of The Painter Karl Zakovsek </span>Egon Schiele (1910)
    </p>

</p>

Schiele's muted palette underscoring the subject's melancholy mood. Though the sitter is dressed formal, in a three-piece suit, he is shirtless: the quintessential picture of the impoverished artist.</p>

[51]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Nice, he's one of my favorites! That painting being one of me favorite artworks as well.</p>

This one also:
    </p>

</p>

This is also why I've written ribs in my signature.[75]</p>

Well that, my avatar, and I like the looks of ribs.[8-|]
    </p>

One of many! Jean Michel Basquiat
    </p>

</p>

</p>

i dont know if this directly fits into this thread but i love what Theo Jansen is doing right now, they called him the "DaVinci of the new age". He calls himself a kinetic sculptor, and what he does is create this massive machines that function and move just by the wind. its amazing. i advise anyone whos interested look him up on youtube.

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span></p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; white-space: normal; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 0px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 0px; ">Blood on the Floor by Francis Bacon </span></span></p>
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

i worship bacon {but i hate to admit it }
    but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

For today, these are my favourite pieces. By GünterBrus and Hermann Nitsch.</P>

I believe Poell said somewhere (I forget where) that hewas deeply influenced by the Vienna Actionists.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; white-space: normal;">Blood on the Floor by Francis Bacon</span></span></p>[/quote]Didn't know this one, wow.

An art installation called Convergence by Valerie Wedel. </p>

</p>

The installation conveyed a sense of calmness and serenity throughout as I walked in it. I felt like I was in a waterfall or the sea, but the entire thing was captivating. There's another piece Wedel did last autumn which was similar to this one. </p>

Some of the pictures I took in Basel (the Kljun is from the website, but it was too beautiful to omit). There are more to come!
    For your information, please read carelabels and hanging tags carefully, for washing and handling instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    No, they just religiously read SZ

@erich fromm is the third image from Franz Klein?

Quote Originally Posted by matglenn View Post
    @erich fromm is the third image from Franz Klein?
    Indeed it is.
    For your information, please read carelabels and hanging tags carefully, for washing and handling instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Fromm View Post
    Indeed it is.
    Really great piece, looks like a nice selection of Ab-Ex and Gutai works! I bet the Kazuo Shiraga paintings are incredible in person

Quote Originally Posted by matglenn View Post
    Really great piece, looks like a nice selection of Ab-Ex and Gutai works! I bet the Kazuo Shiraga paintings are incredible in person
    The small red shiraga was absolutely stunning!

The continuation. I should have taken far more pictures, especially to demonstrate how terrible a lot of contemporarty art is.