• todestrieb
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
    ^^, a.f. vandevorst piano?
    Has Vandevorst made anything with felt?

Comment

• alice anise
      • Nov 2009

Yeah, they are heavily influenced by Beuys which comes out in their preoccupation with hospitals/sickness and insulated garments/nurses

Felt and leather shoes

Their Aktion store can also be mistaken for a Beuys installation with the felted jackets laid out on antique beds.

Comment

• Dropt
        • May 2009

Let's not let this thread fall asleep...

Barbara Kruger

Jenny holzer

Beardsley

Comment

• Aleks
          • Feb 2009

beksinki

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Barbara Kruger is beyond banal. (Vomits, and waits for "misogynist!!!" cries).

Otto Dix is good though.

HdG, Piss Christ? Maybe one day we can be friends...
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• todestrieb
              • Mar 2009

Schnackenberg

Comment

• todestrieb
                • Mar 2009

AOS

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                  • Mar 2009

David B. (a french illustrator strongly influenced by symbolism, esoterism, and some family nightmare that became the subject of a comic book )

I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                  I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• polishmike
                    • Jan 2007

Comment

• sam_tem
                      • Apr 2007

perhaps cheating a bit in that it's a collection of architecture, sculpture, and painting to form one piece, but i like to think of it as a theatre (have seen numerous performanced inside: keith rowe, loren connors, pauline oliveros, russian composer recitals). have to say the rothko chapel is my fave since it helped connect a lot of dots for me when i was younger. music was my connection to everything so it was quite an amazing find back in high school when i discovered the rothko chapel in houston by way of morton feldman's piece of music dedicated for the opening. back in my suburban days i never would have thought such a thing exists in this city. the paintings can be amazing on cloudy summer days as the light coming in through the skylight changes the look of the paintings.

also happy to say that i now live 2 blocks away from this.

Comment

• Dropt
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Barbara Kruger is beyond banal. (Vomits, and waits for "misogynist!!!" cries).

Otto Dix is good though.

HdG, Piss Christ? Maybe one day we can be friends...
                        The point of contempory art is basically the evolution and the interaction of the work within the space-time continuum, and it's exactly what's interesting in the approach of Kruger, Holzer, Boltanski or other "performers".

Walking in this red room full of silent noises must be quite an experience, as the cross of a Louise Bourgeois's giant "spider" is, in a different level and meaning...

Comment

• asdf123
                          • Jan 2010

Stasys Eidrigevicius

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                            • Feb 2009

Stasys Eidrigevicius liked the head. Or did he? See more under http://www.artnet.com/artist/718726/...igevicius.html.

Poland definately has the most interesting film posters. They are often highly peculiar but most of the time reveal deep insights and unsuspected graphic interpretations of the depicted films. See http://www.poster.com.pl/sitemap.htm.

The Polish tradition of animation is superb.

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
                              The point of contempory art is basically the evolution and the interaction of the work within the space-time continuum, and it's exactly what's interesting in the approach of Kruger, Holzer, Boltanski or other "performers".

Walking in this red room full of silent noises must be quite an experience, as the cross of a Louise Bourgeois's giant "spider" is, in a different level and meaning...
                              The point of contemporary art is to shatter closed definitions of art and bring about a new one that is to be shattered by someone else. It's up to you to enjoy this fully, partly or not at all.

ps: Boltanski is a fascist using the logic of industrial production inherent in the Holocaust to profit culturally and monetarily from his own position of strength and academic consecration. A dominant using the cries of the dominated to his own advantage is nothing if not morally repugnant. That and charging you €5 to record a CD of your own hearbeat so that he can use the sample for a "collective" work that will serve nothing if not further crystallize his own ego-monument.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

it cost 5e to record your heartbeat? fuck that! good thing we didn't end up trying to do it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎