• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beardown
    rekoner
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
    Down to the most minor details, they take influence from various military sources.

Some SS2009 jewelry has embossings which read "HOMER RHUDE." Being as obsessive I am about small details, I looked into it and found this website which lists WWI-era items once available in an eBay auction. Items belonging to one Homer Rhude. http://www.cyberspacecollectibles.net/wwi/wwi.htm Who knows who won the auction, but I have one possible guess!

Compare..

to

Very cool.
    That's some amazing PI work, Croatoan.
    They always say that talent borrows and genius steals...something like that. Not uncommon at all. I worked for a company that made clothes, got on a military utilitarian kick for a few seasons and did the same thing...scoured Ebay auctions and surplus stores for legit labels and insignia to try to get things looking as authentic as possible.

It's funny that they used someone's name, however.
    I mostly just tried to stick with the same fonts and shapes, etc.

But that is a remarkable find. I think the military thing is timeless...not sure how well Julius pulls it off this season because overall, the line looks a little inconsistent but I guess you get too heavy and you've pigeonholed yourself.
    Originally posted by mizzar
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎