Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

I just had my proxy check with the flagstore in daikanyama, the high collar that is being included in the overseas S/S 09 collection is the same as the current F/W 08 jacket. I think the leather used on the gordini collaboration (which I wasn't a big fan of) is different from the leather used on the F/W 08 high collar.

the lamb leather used on the jacket was tanned with vegetable tannin, resulting in the slightly brown colour and stiffer leather. I may have to cop one as I am still in the market for a high collar leather jacket and the store fit pics look so much better than the early modeled shots...

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

holy browser crash batman on page 5.. you could've just linked the Vibe gallery

they rehashed soooo much stuff from f/w, way more than in earlier seasons. a majority of the items looks exactly the same, shredded tanks and tees, even the prints are rehashed, only a few new cuts in some tops. theres some interesting stuff for sure, but overall its pretty wack to just reuse every garment and call it a collection.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• andrewislasorad
        • Nov 2006

I think it had a lot to do with Paris shows happening much earlier than what Julius was accustom to. Whereas in the past Julius would not release photos of the collection until right before the start of the season. So i think you are right, these last two collections are sort of a blur. But I also think it was very much a recap for their Paris debut, or a for those of you just tuning in collection.

They are also starting to just release stuff whens it's ready, kinda of mid-season collections..but that's a bit of a stretch to call a couple jackets and some boots a collection.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          holy browser crash batman on page 5.. you could've just linked the Vibe gallery
          lulz, I would have if it was up when I posted the images...

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

thought this was a new high collar but disappointed that it's just a standard rider jacket with the collar popped.

does anyone know what the c designation means on some of the item number? the waxed denim jacket has two versions, 257BLM3 and 257BLM3-C and as far as I can tell there isn't actually a difference between the two besides the colour and the price (C model is about 15K yen more ).

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

What type of leather is this? Is it soft or stiff? Compared to the leather used for the Julius X Gordini collab?

Is there any fit pic of this piece available online?

Thanks.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

it's lamb leather. I haven't had a chance to handle it yet, it may be the same leather that's used on the FW08 high collar (different from the leather used on the Julius x Gordini jacket). only pics of it been worn are from the Paris show:

it's one of the simplest leather jacket designs that Julius has produced, perhaps a tad boring...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                  it's lamb leather. I haven't had a chance to handle it yet, it may be the same leather that's used on the FW08 high collar (different from the leather used on the Julius x Gordini jacket). only pics of it been worn are from the Paris show:

it's one of the simplest leather jacket designs that Julius has produced, perhaps a tad boring...
                  Thanks! It does look a tad boring on the Paris show pic. But i still kinda like it for its simplicity...

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    does anyone know what the c designation means on some of the item number? the waxed denim jacket has two versions, 257BLM3 and 257BLM3-C and as far as I can tell there isn't actually a difference between the two besides the colour and the price (C model is about 15K yen more ).
                    XXX-C are the coated versions.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

thanks for that croatoan. the price has jumped a bit from the FW model, the zips must cost a lot more than the nipple snaps . 4 versions of the same denim jacket this season, distressed and undistressed, as well as coated and uncoated...

Comment

• croatoan
                        • Jul 2007

237BLM3/-C is denim and 237BLM10/-C is corduroy.

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

thanks for the clarification . I'd go for the waxed cotton jacket but 68K yen is a bit steep for a denim jacket. IMO it is the best denim jacket that Julius has made thus far though, just depends on how my finances are when it's released and whether this season's pieces remain true to size...

Comment

• Forsaken
                            • Jan 2007

Do they make a size 0 in their jackets?

Comment

• croatoan
                              • Jul 2007

No size 0s. They did it before as a womens size but it hasn't existed in I think over a year.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

I saw a size -1 womens item on yahoo once

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡