Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Julius SS09 - Paris

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    they're available now on lounge-japan .
    thanks! do you know if these will be released with back-zips? are they a pre-fall or spring item?
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

they're a late spring/summer item. judging by the FW09 runway shots the tall engineer boots for next season have side zips too, only the short engineer boots have back zips.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesha View Post
    I just saw this... Thanks for mood improvement ;)
    my pleasure.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I don't know if this belongs here, but here are some scans I took from Sense magazine March issue. Sorry its a bit big- I wanted those who can, to be able to read the text.

Really cool. It does a great job conveying a more childish and almost cute mood than we are used to seeing.

those shots are styled fantastically! Can't believe the cap looks not freaky in those pics..and the jacket in the third pic looks half decent..

definitely something different with the lighter colours.. I like it

thanks FTG..

Nihonghi?

I'm not liking how the blonde dude is modeling it.. he is almost straddling that pole in the first picture, and the other one he looks unsure and almost scared of what he is wearing

Is it just me, or did they pick some pretty bad pieces to model their collection in this spread?

The brand generally has little to say towards the pieces or styling towards these sorts of shoots.

It looks like Julius's infamous buttons are military inspired, no surprise there. This WWII military issue bag has the same buttons.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-M7-Waterpro...3%3A2|294%3A50

Down to the most minor details, they take influence from various military sources.

Some SS2009 jewelry has embossings which read "HOMER RHUDE." Being as obsessive I am about small details, I looked into it and found this website which lists WWI-era items once available in an eBay auction. Items belonging to one Homer Rhude. http://www.cyberspacecollectibles.net/wwi/wwi.htm Who knows who won the auction, but I have one possible guess!

Compare..

to

Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by croatoan View Post
    Down to the most minor details, they take influence from various military sources.

Some SS2009 jewelry has embossings which read "HOMER RHUDE." Being as obsessive I am about small details, I looked into it and found this website which lists WWI-era items once available in an eBay auction. Items belonging to one Homer Rhude. http://www.cyberspacecollectibles.net/wwi/wwi.htm Who knows who won the auction, but I have one possible guess!

Compare..

to

Very cool.
    That's some amazing PI work, Croatoan.
    They always say that talent borrows and genius steals...something like that. Not uncommon at all. I worked for a company that made clothes, got on a military utilitarian kick for a few seasons and did the same thing...scoured Ebay auctions and surplus stores for legit labels and insignia to try to get things looking as authentic as possible.

It's funny that they used someone's name, however.
    I mostly just tried to stick with the same fonts and shapes, etc.

But that is a remarkable find. I think the military thing is timeless...not sure how well Julius pulls it off this season because overall, the line looks a little inconsistent but I guess you get too heavy and you've pigeonholed yourself.