• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Julius SS09 - Paris

[quote user="hanajibu"]well I like the sheer wrap in #105426 ? since I completely missed Rick's striped shawl from this season (I planned to wear it to his store opening), I have been craving one.[/quote]

I was told there probably will not be an opening party, so you are safe

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

maybe not a public one, but surely a private.
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• croatoan
        • Jul 2007

Not a huge departure from the past few seasons, but I do love it. It is really a whole lot less industrial/military than the past couple collections which is really good for me. The general styling looks a bit cleaner than the current ss08 collection and the footwear seems to be back the cleaner basics, which I was really missing. Can't wait to see item shots.

This is may be the only runway show we will see from Julius. The general aesthetic is an old one with us who spend our days reading fashion forums and researching these minor brands, but the brand is still very unknown to the general populace. This show was supposed to be their official introduction into the fashion world to say "here we are." Aside for the lack of extreme layering and draping, it does a great job at establishing their look and appealing to those who are going to be into it but who might not be familiar yet with the brand. I've already heard a few things about the fw09 collection and how the image differs and with this collection I can already see the slow changing towards it. It is a bit more elegant, a bit less industrial, and hopefully by next time we should really be surprised. Julius just seems to love to slowwwwllllyyy shift their look which can get a bit repetitive if you're not looking at the entire picture.

edit: found some other photos from Reuters..

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

prrrrrettty cool.

I think Julius is still great for the gothninja "basics" as they maintain a nice silhouette.

... still awaiting the twist jeans from them this season. I keep poring over these photos to see if they're doing a twist black pants but it's hard to tell.

so who's buying the leather aviator cap? hahahahsa

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• what_counts
            • Mar 2008

same old same old, i was hoping for a little more color like the beige they had used in previously in s/s

i think thats one thing thats unique about julius tho they hardly change at all they just expand their core customer base slowly and make the same pieces over and over

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Actually, in light of what croatoan says, it all makes perfect sense!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

I like it! Nothing revolutionary as many of you already said, but clean and really nice basics. And I hope to get those twisted pants (those leather ones) from previous season in jeans or something.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

After seeing the full collection and digesting it and really enjoyed it. I really love the toned down silhouettes. After reading others comments about the collection the approach seems to make more sense and seem quite apporate. This collection is pure Julius.

Finally something to look forward to wearing in SS09...Grungy Goth-Ninjas Unite!

Comment

• XSKY
                    • Jun 2008

definitely keeping the continuity... I would like to see some continuity with innovations... and some color... like beige, or milk.
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

[quote user="croatoan"]

Not a huge departure from the past few seasons, but I do love it. It is really a whole lot less industrial/military than the past couple collections which is really good for me. The general styling looks a bit cleaner than the current ss08 collection and the footwear seems to be back the cleaner basics, which I was really missing. Can't wait to see item shots.

This is may be the only runway show we will see from Julius. The general aesthetic is an old one with us who spend our days reading fashion forums and researching these minor brands, but the brand is still very unknown to the general populace. This show was supposed to be their official introduction into the fashion world to say "here we are." Aside for the lack of extreme layering and draping, it does a great job at establishing their look and appealing to those who are going to be into it but who might not be familiar yet with the brand. I've already heard a few things about the fw09 collection and how the image differs and with this collection I can already see the slow changing towards it. It is a bit more elegant, a bit less industrial, and hopefully by next time we should really be surprised. Julius just seems to love to slowwwwllllyyy shift their look which can get a bit repetitive if you're not looking at the entire picture.

[/quote]

couldn't agree with you more. looking forward to the cleaner footwear too, and the basics they do are always great. bit disappointed that the only leather jacket they showed is the upcoming mid-winter high collar minus the high collar though, Julius' leather jackets have always been their greatest draw.

Comment

• Jotsko
                        • Feb 2008

[quote user="Who?"]Johnny- [74] its really true. Its a little sleeker than I was expecting, less draping and less layers.
                        [/quote]

Just what I was getting at... the guy needed to stoop it down a bit for commercial purposes. I think I'm in love with Julius all over again though, in a new way.

P.S.
                        If it hasn't been answered prior, where are the images from?

майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                          • Aug 2007

i never cared much for julius but i find this runway presentation a lot more appealing then the look book stuff with just tons of shit everywhere...a lot more approachable and smooth.

Comment

• clay
                            • Sep 2006

I dig it!

Comment

• asticx
                              • Apr 2008

I still like this season pretty much even though nothing really new.

And some of them just let me think of KK Attachment.

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                                • Sep 2006

Every season is a fall season for Julius.

But if you were a ninja goth terminator weaver, would you change?

It's hard to see the pieces in proper detail because of the moody "lighting", it does seem a slightly more mature collection. Nothing too outrageous, at least the runway representation anyway.

I'm strangely attracted to those what looks like cropped leather cargo pants?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎