Originally posted by TRSltd View Post
    I'm selling (and already sold) almost all my closet
    I bought it for a lower price, i need cash now to buy a new sewing machine
    SZ-arbitrage :)

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Do I have to say that I strongly disagree with the famous and talented members who are thinking that these boots look "heinous" ?

Toe box outline is very nice, with an elegant slight concave shape, without looking like a pair of heavy ukrainian peasant boots like some CD do.

Proportions are good (these boots aren't heavy at all), and the contrast between the plain shiny black of the toe box and the mate suede of the stem is nice. In addition, it adds to the boots a slight austrian 19th Century military academy touch that I personaly like.

Details are nice too : suede completely covering the heel, visible nails on its sides, lenghtwise scar-like seam, etc.

So, Pipcleo, we'll meet tomorrow at 7.00 am on the field.

Last edited by Chant; 05-04-2009, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

i'm neither famous nor talented, but those boots still suck imo. the shape is fine, i agree, but the contrast leather, the seam down the front and the pull at the back of the heel completely ruin a boot that would otherwise be dope.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Piffen
          • Aug 2007

^Agree. Imo they could use a little thicker sole as well.. They are a bit too chunky for that kind of sole.

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

im unsure if this is in fact less savory than the toad version

cant argue this

Details are nice too : velvet completely covering the heel, visible nails on its sides, lenghtwise scar-like stitch, etc

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Piffen View Post
              ^Agree. Imo they could use a little thicker sole as well.. They are a bit too chunky for that kind of sole.
              Sole is actually thicker, but edges have a bias cut.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

i am quite fond of these,much nicer than the toad sausage booties...

i really like the contrast between the leather an suede....but im a sucker for contrast...
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Would like to thank all the members who are helping me to improve my English and to broaden my technical vocabulary : a "seam" is not a "stitch", and "suede" is not "velvet".

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

your english is so much better than my french could ever be.To say that i have basic command of the french language would be rather ridiculous...so i just stick to english and greek
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

not a huge fan of the suede x leather combination, maybe the flash makes it look worse though. also the heel makes the side profile really weird, I just can't get over it.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Agreed.

I also know there will come a day when level-headed and laid-back Chant will get angry :-)

Speaking of duels, just read a funny joke (hope it does not lose in translation).

One duelist asks another,

"What shall you choose - pistol or rapier?"
                        "The rapier."
                        "Then I shall take the pistol."
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I also know there will come a day when level-headed and laid-back Chant will get angry :-)
                          Don't try to broad my vocabulary too fast : I'm still a beginner.

Btw the DD Paris store is taking international orders : send all inquiries to Frol (frol@damirdoma.com) and please say hello to him from my side.

But if you want to pay 10% more, you can still use my Proxy service.

Comment

• bluespring
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                            i'm neither famous nor talented, but those boots still suck imo. the shape is fine, i agree, but the contrast leather, the seam down the front and the pull at the back of the heel completely ruin a boot that would otherwise be dope.
                            I bought the ankle boots and I'm still bothered by the pull at the back. Besides that it does become a hazard especially walking along 34th St in Midtown and hoping nobody step on the damn thing.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by bluespring View Post
                              I bought the ankle boots and I'm still bothered by the pull at the back. Besides that it does become a hazard especially walking along 34th St in Midtown and hoping nobody step on the damn thing.
                              These boots are not meant to be worn, but admired. Your fault.

Actually, there's no anti-theft system at the Paris store, so this is the only idea Damir had. Frol, the SA, has been trained to step on the pull just before the thief could rush out the store.
                              De rien.

Comment

• Monty76
                                • Sep 2006

Just wanted to add my pictures to the fold...

Will probably sell these as soon as i get off my lazy ass and start a sale thread. They are too narrow for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎