Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Damir Doma S/S 09 Paris

Agreed.

I also know there will come a day when level-headed and laid-back Chant will get angry :-)

Speaking of duels, just read a funny joke (hope it does not lose in translation).

One duelist asks another,

"What shall you choose - pistol or rapier?"
    "The rapier."
    "Then I shall take the pistol."
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I also know there will come a day when level-headed and laid-back Chant will get angry :-)
    Don't try to broad my vocabulary too fast : I'm still a beginner.

Btw the DD Paris store is taking international orders : send all inquiries to Frol (frol@damirdoma.com) and please say hello to him from my side.

But if you want to pay 10% more, you can still use my Proxy service.

Quote Originally Posted by ddohnggo View Post
    i'm neither famous nor talented, but those boots still suck imo. the shape is fine, i agree, but the contrast leather, the seam down the front and the pull at the back of the heel completely ruin a boot that would otherwise be dope.
    I bought the ankle boots and I'm still bothered by the pull at the back. Besides that it does become a hazard especially walking along 34th St in Midtown and hoping nobody step on the damn thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bluespring View Post
    I bought the ankle boots and I'm still bothered by the pull at the back. Besides that it does become a hazard especially walking along 34th St in Midtown and hoping nobody step on the damn thing.
    These boots are not meant to be worn, but admired. Your fault.

Actually, there's no anti-theft system at the Paris store, so this is the only idea Damir had. Frol, the SA, has been trained to step on the pull just before the thief could rush out the store.
    De rien.

Just wanted to add my pictures to the fold...

Will probably sell these as soon as i get off my lazy ass and start a sale thread. They are too narrow for me.

what size? i took too long on deciding whether i wanted to get them during the infamous Forward mark-down

just an fyi, the footwear is a bit tight. tried the 45, fit like 44 or an 11.5

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic View Post
    Their buy is very good.

i hope they have better pics for the Perforated Double Layer short

Banned

Bad pictures are good for devoted brand lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Bad pictures are good for devoted brand lovers.
    Truer words have never been spoken. Lord knows how many Ann Dem bargains I've gotten because I knew what they were and others did not.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Just dropped and the black and white tees are already gone! I can't tell the difference between the two pairs of 100% cotton double layer shorts(one version is sold out). The version still available says "textured cotton" and is $55 less.

Alot of people are starting to carry DD this season it seems

Truer words have never been spoken. Lord knows how many Ann Dem bargains I've gotten because I knew what they were and others did not.
    I've actually never thought of it this way before............ but its perfectly logical. must incorporate it into my bargain shopping strategy

Case in point: Yoox

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Just dropped and the black and white tees are already gone! I can't tell the difference between the two pairs of 100% cotton double layer shorts(one version is sold out). The version still available says "textured cotton" and is $55 less.

Alot of people are starting to carry DD this season it seems
    Spent again 2.30 hours in the shop yesterday trying each and everything with Mail-Moth, and I'm going more an more deeply into the understanding/feeling of his work, which is very interesting and subtle. Fabric's choices are very nice too.
    Will post some pictures and feedback soon.

Damn, Chant, you are about to surpass my love for and devotion to Ann :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Banned

Damn, Chant, you are about to surpass my love for and devotion to Ann :-)
    It's no more blind love, but deep attachment - as often in a couple .
    The more I look at/try on his clothes, the more I understand the meaning of what he's doing, and the very consistency of his grammar. And I've seen beautifull pieces from SS 09 that nobody has seen yet, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    The more I look at/try on his clothes, the more I understand the meaning of what he's doing, and the very consistency of his grammar. And I've seen beautifull pieces from SS 09 that nobody has seen yet, I don't know why.
    i think that if you submit to the entire look - octopus scarf down to the cork sole shoes all at once - the result is interesting enough but as individual components this collection just doesn't work for me.

Banned

Disagree. Each piece is self sufficient, with a lot a details (sometimes too many ) and has always a very interesting and, I'd say, clever cut. And every piece is versatile and easily mixable - you don't need to wear DD from head to toe.

Faust, you'll jump to the ceiling (direct translation from French : sauter au plafond = be shocked), but some pieces remind me a sort of Ann's work (asymetrical cut - vertically : the lapels - and horizontaly - the pockets and the tails -, curved anatomical cut, layered lapels, etc.).

And with this jacket, you can see that Damir is not only an unformal clothes designer, but that he likes as well to cut an almost formal, very well fitted jacket.