X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Purity
    • Apr 2007

Re: Guns: Absense and Presence

Exactly! Europeans love and embrace American culture, we're just jealous. That's why we bring up dull shit like a decent welfare and health system etc, which is practical but much less cool than Jay-z.

Comment

Re: Guns: Absense and Presence

[quote user="wire.artist"]

jazz, buster keaton, ......where do I start?, XX century american culture is just awesome. I can't hate the US as a country-culture. I hope Obama is going to make it though....</p>

[/quote]</p>

maybe you should register to vote here. i hear it's as easy as buying a gun...</p>

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by merz

where to kop?
        Not SZ approved. Looks too new.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

damn, thats pretty tragic. evidently guns DO shoot people.
            Yes, it's pretty crazy... although I had thought it was common knowledge that there is barrel rise when you shoot a gun (hence the vertical porting on some handguns to keep the gun level shot after shot).

But yes, evidently the FMG9 MAY get produced in limited amounts. As for the price, who knows. Scarily enough, guns are quite affordable especially when compared to the clothes we buy... that's not to say the fmg9 isn't a really awesome concept and part of me wants one.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Who?
              • Aug 2007

I guess its the only kind of automatic weapon i'd ever consider owning! just, you know, in case shit hits the fan and i suddenly have to mow down mobs of marauding savages.

or zombies.

..definitely zombies.
              Hands down the best thing I've read on SZ.
              WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

fmg =

p.s. this is really cool too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1RvTJBdRuA

p.p.s. and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wg1p...eature=related
                Last edited by AKA*NYC; 10-28-2008, 02:35 PM.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

yeah, not sure wtf that instructor was thinking handing an automatic to an 8 year old unable to physically compensate for the rise? still, that sort of thing must happen about as often as someone winning the lottery.

see, where you live at least you can both legally-own it in the sense of it being an automatic AND in the sense of it being by nature a concealed weapon. california is super-anal about guns that don't look like guns until you're about to murderise someone, and that thing looks like some sick transformer.

I guess its the only kind of automatic weapon i'd ever consider owning! just, you know, in case shit hits the fan and i suddenly have to mow down mobs of marauding savages.

or zombies.

..definitely zombies.
                  The fmg9 is the clear superior close quarters anti-zombie combat weapon.

It's actually just a glock body but according to some sites they've got it set up so you can drop in the full-auto pin if you got the paperwork.

With this and the cornershot you'll be able to clear a building of zombies in no time.

zombie apocalypse? More like zombie NOTpocalypse!!!!

AKA, that full auto shotgun is ridiculous. Have you seen the things that the company Metalstorm has created? 1,000,000 rounds a second guns. Oh. My. God.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

damn, thats pretty tragic. evidently guns DO shoot people.
                    So, Duggan et. al, who have been subjected to the vicious hatred the NRA specializes in for their research showing that more guns = more violent crime, looked at gun shows. They found no correlation between gun shows and increased violence. This is kind of surprising, as gun shows allow people to more easily get guns and so on and so forth. I would have expected an examination to show an increase in violence, or suicides, or something. Interesting in the context of the child mentioned above.

Freakonomics links to their recent paper with the results on gun shows.

Photo: Michael (mx5tx) Every time the subject of guns comes up, whether on this blog or elsewhere (see here, here, and here for a few examples), the resultant discussion is predictably passionate. I am guessing that passionate gun discussions are taking place all over the country today with the news that an 8-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed himself over . . .
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                      So, Duggan et. al, who have been subjected to the vicious hatred the NRA specializes in for their research showing that more guns = more violent crime, looked at gun shows. They found no correlation between gun shows and increased violence. This is kind of surprising, as gun shows allow people to more easily get guns and so on and so forth. I would have expected an examination to show an increase in violence, or suicides, or something. Interesting in the context of the child mentioned above.

Freakonomics links to their recent paper with the results on gun shows.

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.co...ows-dangerous/
                      Hum...gun show are mostly for people with a passion for guns, probably not the criminal type.
                      The main issue with gun is control.

Comment

• Jon
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by justine View Post
                        The main issue with gun is control.
                        Agree.

Honestly, in Canada it's more of a 'want not, waste not' effect that I think works very well. If there's going to be any lasting change in gun policy it has to be implemented through cultural means...

"If I want not that gun, I will waste not that sucker."
                        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• D_S
                          • Jul 2008

That FMG9 looks like this Glock-in-a-box prototype I somehow came accross a while back.

I still prefer the suitcase mounted MP5 in the pimp ass gun in a box category.

Why unfold something when you can have a trigger mounted in the handle :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

^ reminds me of Ghost In The Shell.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎