• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
    ^^ in addendum to the brooklyn warhol show, basquiat: the radiant child is playing at film forum. my boss who worked for the gallery that represented him said he was always wasted, but so well dressed..
    heh, this was showing at the Sydney film festival just a few months ago, as well as a great documentary on Bill Cunningham..
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
      well, eternal do make some good point,

also, while it's being brought up.. i just want to say it's uncool to get the community involved in boutique politics (the legit ones) and asking for boycott. these can be really really biased -

that orwellian fear will continue to exist.
      No one is demanding you to do anything, but I have the right to ask. You have no idea what you are talking about - if you did, you would never make that statement.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
        I agree SZ is what you make it, and you clearly did put a lot more effort into it than me the other day. I try to contribute where I can, with the stuff I can. I appreciate the effort a lot of people put into this site.
        Where do you contribute? Posting pictures of what you are wearing and what you bought is hardly meaningful contribution. I would like people to post more in the designers and collections forum, to articulate how they think and feel about the clothes, for them to get to know the designers, to not just buy what they think is cool stuff. I don't mean to call you out specifically - this goes for everyone - but since we are talking ;-)

I do not care for another discussion of HOF. I was against it in the first place, but people pushed for it, so this is what you get. I can't satisfy everyone, nor am I aiming to.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
          yep, I've seen more of him rocking cdgh+. That's why I don't like designers using models, people like basquiat > human rack.

I can't believe this thread is alive
          for a second i thought you said human crack, but i know you don't go in for jokes like that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
            Banned
            • Mar 2009

^so what are you trying to tell the community then?

just as much we also have the right to decide. if you disagree with that store's practice, then finish what you want to say, or else don't even start with it.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
              ^so what are you trying to tell the community then?

just as much we also have the right to decide. if you disagree with that store's practice, be transparent and finish what you want to say, or else don't even start with it.

You have the right to do whatever the fuck you want - no one is demanding anything from you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

funny, well, you can be as angry as you like, faust. there's nothing to be demanded. but ever thought what those none-affiliates think about sz? obviously you don't care.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

there are a number of non-affiliate stores discussed and linked from here daily, so this not some sort of a banishment on retailers that are not affiliated.

but to answer your question about what non-affiliates generally think about SZ, I'd say that we have a pretty good idea about this. I'm sure there are as many opinions as there are individuals.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

It's not a matter of me not wanting to let the truth out - it's a matter of having it on record and inviting potential legal complications. If we were having a conversation at a cafe face to face, believe me, I'd tell you. This has nothing to do with SZ, by the way, I am just standing up to unfair practices by a few bad apples. I meet and know A TON of store owners who are not SZ affiliates, and they are great people and should be supported.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009

there's a lot of definition of bad business practices and they varies to many individuals. i for one do not agree many of the sellers in the classified but that's very opinionated. obviously i do not condone bad practices if known, but it's just as bad trying to censor 2 shops in a row (even unintended by proxy) and dictate how the community should spend their money at. in most part the community was built from one common interest, so why don't we separate at that?

just having dialogue.

*ps, yes, i have recently made some purchases from that particular store, and their service is nothing like being described in the forum.
                      Last edited by fenrost; 08-07-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Fenfrost, I am not dictating anything - I have said that three times already. Stop twisting my words.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

I thought i might pipe in on this subject. From what i have read here and in other threads. No one has said DO NOT SHOP THERE. All that has been said is try and avoid it. TBH i dont think the reasons should be made public. Buisness matters should remain just that.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

blew this
                            bland me
                            blister zits
                            bling fits
                            black sea
                            blue knits
                            bleach tees
                            blonde crypt
                            blew this
                            bland me
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                              I thought i might pipe in on this subject. From what i have read here and in other threads. No one has said DO NOT SHOP THERE. All that has been said is try and avoid it. TBH i dont think the reasons should be made public. Buisness matters should remain just that.
                              Thank you, Shye. I am glad you understand. Anyway, I hope this will all stop soon.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Fenfrost, I am not dictating anything - I have said that three times already. Stop twisting my words.
                                well, here's my last say- being likely the most opinionated moderator, not everyone will interpret your way.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎