• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Leonard Cohen will hook you up merz.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

screw this, salmon me
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Funny, I always thought of smoked salmon as a native american (Canadian) thing. It's huge here in BC. Always has been.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

probably applies to all of scandinavia and parts of europe as well. I love grilled, flamed and smoked salmon
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

This is why I love Scandinavian countries... so many good salmon sandwiches.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

This is why I love SZ - we derail threads like Belorussian partisans derailed trains. Yea, yea, I'm going to see Defiance today.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                Funny, I always thought of smoked salmon as a native american (Canadian) thing. It's huge here in BC. Always has been.
                Scandinavians started swapping recipes with Canadians sometime in the 12C, which is pretty old, but not the same as always...
                the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

This was unbeknownst to me ten minutes ago.. Apparently, most smoked salmon has undergone what is called cold smoking, 30C (80F) which does not cook the fish, resulting in its delicate and exquisite texture.

It's like a blue rare steak.. How raw can you go? I've always loved the chewy "indian candy" type of smoked salmon, but recently every time I get some really raw salmon by accident, it's mind blowing. Actually, I really love salmon sashimi, which is, for those of you who might not know, quite literally raw salmon slices.

@faust please give us a review afterwards! Last night I watched Manhattan again. Does anyone think that Manhattan conforms at least slightly to the SZ aesthetic? More than other Woody Allen movies, I guess. But its intellectualism and openness to new cinematic methods (placement, lighting, etc)?
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

faust - rename this the "poisson" thread
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Diego
                      • Aug 2007

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                        • Jan 2008

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                          This was unbeknownst to me ten minutes ago.. Apparently, most smoked salmon has undergone what is called cold smoking, 30C (80F) which does not cook the fish, resulting in its delicate and exquisite texture.

It's like a blue rare steak.. How raw can you go? I've always loved the chewy "indian candy" type of smoked salmon, but recently every time I get some really raw salmon by accident, it's mind blowing. Actually, I really love salmon sashimi, which is, for those of you who might not know, quite literally raw salmon slices.
                          Actually, both regular salmon sushi and salmon sashimi are often the cold-smoked variety. Some sushi restaurants will have both but default to one, and a few will have both raw and cold smoked on the menu.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Did someone say fresh fresh salmon?

Bear Grylls got yo remedy. The scene where he bites into one and all the eggs spew everywhere is so awesome.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• destroyed
                              • Nov 2006

quick update: just had my first smoked salmon experience
                              i toasted some wheat bread, spread a layer of cream cheese, and topped with the smoked salmon
                              it was good!
                              a little fishy but i guess that's to be expected from... a fish.
                              broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• maldoror
                                • Jun 2007

Originally posted by destroyed View Post
                                quick update: just had my first smoked salmon experience
                                i toasted some wheat bread, spread a layer of cream cheese, and topped with the smoked salmon
                                it was good!
                                a little fishy but i guess that's to be expected from... a fish.
                                you're in philly, right? check out the river & glen smoked salmon at dibruno's. not the prepackaged kind, but the huge slabs of salmon in the case which they shave pieces off. phenomenal stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎