• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Take it or leave it

Please, Chris is a misogynist, so I was just getting back at him. "Cunt" and "bitch" was all I heard from his filthy mouth. I have gay friends, too, but they don't act like brats. He never contributed anything besides WAYWAT and reposted links from SuFu classifieds. Neither did B.S. - as soon as he got to 50 posts, you only saw him in the classifieds section. As merz said - this was a long time in the making. I've worn Chris more than once. And B.S. - did you even read his posts in good finds? He claimed he saw the Ann D. scarf listed TWICE and did not bid on it, but now he was going to, because I said I want it. And after I backed out, so did he? If that is not a direct provocation, what is?

And iSuck, well he asked me to ban him - so it would be disrespectful to not comply with his wish. Do you think I am going to appease a narcissistic silverspooner with bad taste who decides to post a 100 photos of his Alaska trip on a fashion forum? I told him that he should feel free to post a few pictures on the SZ bulletin board. He could've done that.

Nor did I ban Uknown, despite your request.

Look at things in more detail, Pnod. Don't think of it as simply banning three people in one week - think of each individual situation.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Yan
      • Mar 2008

Why cant we all just get along? Irrespective of our taste and beliefs the one thing that should bind us all together is an appreciation of good manners.

Comment

• giantreptile
        • Jun 2008

as a new member, relatively new lurker, longtime sufu-er, i must say it is an intimidating forum to say the least.

my only advice for myself andanyoneis to not take yourself or others too seriously. life's too short to sweat the little things.

i've seen both p-nod and faust be seemingly nasty, but i'm sure it's mostly sarcasm,which is poorly translated onto the interwebs. most of the reason i went from lurking here to posting/membership is because i'd felt that superfuture had become a teenage wasteland. now approaching my mid-thirties, i felt like superfuture didn't grow with me, but instead regressed. This forum appears to be much more grown-up.

i think the ups and downs of the posts and flame wars are a natural part ofa forum's lifespan. maybe SZ is going through some growing pains right now; I saw the same thing happen to a much greater degree on sufu in the summer of '05. yes, i know, "stop comparing SZ to SF", but sorry i think it applies here.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

look---depression does not look at individual situations, it looks at the overall whole, at life, at the world, and can't deal.

i'm looking at the results, the numbers, not the details, and i cant deal. (not to harp on the search engine, but then maybe i could find the details, when i've been gone for a month)

i don't know the back stories about the fishing trip, but of course they should have gone to the bulletin board.but so what if isuck is bothersome and a pain in the ass to you. He taught me that i don't need to buy Jil Sander! that is so important....

i just hope you hear my advice.

and you should have banned unknown. pigheadedness is unbecoming.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

iSuck ASKED to be banned. It would be discourteous of me not to. I'm sorry you are depressed. Maybe I can buy you a beer or three.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

everyone should be invited.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

i'm not depressed. i'm depressed when i see how SZ has been disintegrating. suck didn't want to be banned. how could he have wanted that when he stuck up for himself during the sufu episode and posted tons of pictures all the time. he just wanted to be respected. and when people start getting passive aggressive on each others ass, well then someones going to have to be a martyr and thats the position he felt he was in because the martyr is the one position you can't be in. of course he's going to say he wanted to do this for awhile, but i get the sense that people are getting geniunely hurt around here, and instead of signing up for round two, they've had enough.

we can discuss over beer as well, i'm so fucking happy to be home

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

I'm sorry, but I am really surprised at the negative posts here. I agree that the whole situation with BS and Chris is unfortunate and that banning them was excessive. But HeSuck, A Martyr? Not one for bullshit? I have nothing against the guy and enjoyed his contributions to SZ, but cross posting to create drama with another forum and this thread (in and of itself) are recent actions that prove otherwise. He's all about the bullshit.
                  Pnod, you are a treasured member here on the board. This is something that no one will refute. But you have to remember that what drew you to SZ is the very thing that Faust is struggling to maintain. I have yet to find another forum where integrity is preserved more than here. How can you claim to be the voice of reason by asserting that the recent bans are uncool, than state that Unknown should be banned for being pigheaded. Yes, this is a forum largely composed of men. Does that excuse Chris from making misogynistic remarks? Is being offensive to the minority members more forgivable than being dense? That's just some self-serving, ass backwards logic IMHO.
                  And for the record. I am not a proponent of banning people from this or any other forum.

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Real Real
                    • Feb 2007

[quote user="merz"][quote user="philip nod"]

suck didn't want to be banned. how could he have wanted that when he stuck up for himself during the sufu episode and posted tons of pictures all the time. he just wanted to be respected.

[/quote]

you know, he did post a thread full of faust-napoleon comparisons, titled 'please ban me!', and topped off with a 'FUCK YOU' image..

[/quote]

...after he had gotten pissed off and fed up with the board. The guy was smart, literate, and basically polite...if somebody like that gets banned/pissed off enough with the board to leave, then it's probably not all on him - there's probably something wrong with the board too. There are other people who are probably dismissing SZ for similar reasons - they just aren't making silly "fuck you all" posts on the way out.

Comment

• destroyed
                      • Nov 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

SNIP...how could he have wanted that when he stuck up for himself during the sufu episode....SNIP

[/quote]

Link please!

[8-|]

okthxbye

postscript: i like beer!

[B]

^ beer

broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

/\ Heehe! I like beer too! [86]

Beer good!

[B]

^[Y]

[quote user="Real Real"]

...after he had gotten pissed off and fed up with the board. The guy
                        was smart, literate, and basically polite...if somebody like that gets
                        banned/pissed off enough with the board to leave, then it's probably
                        not all on him - there's probably something wrong with the board too.
                        There are other people who are probably dismissing SZ for similar
                        reasons - they just aren't making silly "fuck you all" posts on the way
                        out.[/quote]

Well let's take this thread in a new direction. As opposed to just stating there is something wrong with the site...how about more constructive critiques with solutions that can be used to better it.

Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

someone ban faust. it's the only way.

Comment

• destroyed
                            • Nov 2006

Done and done.

I am king of the castle, king of the castle!

[<:o)]

broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

Whoa!!! What is going on here? I have crazy crunch time at work and everything has changed... What happened to all of the great discussion and crazy clever fun that was such a regular occurrence... [:(] I just ignore the people I dont like and address them when I need to, just like in the outside world. Shouldn't that be what happens here?
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

[quote user="DHC"]I'm sorry, but I am really surprised at the negative posts here. I agree that the whole situation with BS and Chris is unfortunate and that banning them was excessive. But HeSuck, A Martyr? Not one for bullshit? I have nothing against the guy and enjoyed his contributions to SZ, but cross posting to create drama with another forum and this thread (in and of itself) are recent actions that prove otherwise. He's all about the bullshit.
                                Pnod, you are a treasured member here on the board. This is something that no one will refute. But you have to remember that what drew you to SZ is the very thing that Faust is struggling to maintain. I have yet to find another forum where integrity is preserved more than here. How can you claim to be the voice of reason by asserting that the recent bans are uncool, than state that Unknown should be banned for being pigheaded. Yes, this is a forum largely composed of men. Does that excuse Chris from making misogynistic remarks? Is being offensive to the minority members more forgivable than being dense? That's just some self-serving, ass backwards logic IMHO.
                                And for the record. I am not a proponent of banning people from this or any other forum.

[/quote]

dhc,

my posts are not negative, they are constructive. i am providing constructive criticism of SZ. i am attempting to look at this situation from a different perspective. this perspective is the devil's advocate, although it is not pro faust. it is a reaction to the "heavy handedness" necessary to preserve integrity. bans are uncool especially if a member provides color and personality, no matter how extreme. christ, VADL is still posting...someone who repeatedly lowers the bar for months and makes little amounts of vomit exit my mouth into my morning coffee, is a different beast.

how is my logic self serving? what am i gaining from this? i'll give you ass backwards, buts its just the way i think. little gutter punks should be nurtured, as well as flaming hearts and ballers.

anyway, just my 2 cents. something does need to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎