X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Take it or leave it

The forum is getting it's first growing pains, less hope it turns into a beautiful butterfly (with CCP wings?).

I'm, surprisingly enough, pretty much with PNod on that one, even though I understand the wish to keep an editorial line, a few "bitch" here and there never hurt my feelings. The whole dibs thing has also created many squabbles that should be kept in perspective; it's a piece of fucking clothing. I hope our shared passion for the medium overshadows our acquisitive tensions, otherwise what's the point?

Some people post less and are more about the WAYWT, that's fine by me even though I'd rather have them contribute elsewhere it is certainly not a major offense. I also like a thriving supermarket, in fact someone buy my CCP boots (price lowered :) ) right now!!

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="kunk75"]someone ban faust. it's the only way.[/quote]

that made me laugh :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genzou2.0
        • Jul 2008

man, a lot of you guys got great vocabulary, Im learning great English as I read. or maybe I just feel this way cause Im foreign.

I haven't contributed much to the forum but from all the lurking Ive done in the past couple of months I can say that it was a bit intimidating to post on this forum. I honestly feel like one wrong thread, and im out of the door, so I talk very carefully.

I think its important for a forum to keep up its integrity but at the same time, I don't think it should cause any fear for new members?

But SZ beats sufu for sure in terms of discussion. and sorry for comparing the 2.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Pnod

Ok, so I've re-read the thread. I had inadvertently placed some of suck's words in your mouth as I was reading through the first time. For this and the accusation of being negative, I do apologize.

The reason for the self-serving statement was due to the see-saw nature of your anti-ban conviction. Its obviously a sentiment you feel strongly about (and we all should), but to immediately suspend it all together to say that Unknown should be banned. For what? Because his idiosyncrasies are not palatable. I know he's a bit unsavory and its all grown trite through painful repetition, but shouldn't he be the first to benefit from the ideals you embrace?

The bottom line is this. I love SZ. I love coming here and reading the posts and yours are among my favorites to read. I don't mean to offend anyone, least of all you. If all the recent banning is your main concern, please know that it is a concern that I share with you. I'm not denying change is necessary, but I just don't see what overhaul needs to take place. Pragmatically speaking...where to begin? Any ideas on the new approach? Because a shutdown followed by a comeback with a new visage falls exceedingly short of change for the better.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Komakino
            • Sep 2007

Redacted? See below!

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Jon
              • Apr 2008

So bad it's good? Or so good it's bad?

Originally posted by merz
              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Genzou,

Welcome!

Just curious. Do you really feel like you'd be out the door with one wrong thread? Man, I'm responsible for some straight retarded posts and I'm still walking the halls. Nothing to fear here.

Also, curious of everyone's need to apologize after making an SZ/SUFU comparison. Why is that?

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

Genzou,

Welcome!

Just curious. Do you really feel like you'd be out the door with one wrong thread? Man, I'm responsible for some straight retarded posts and I'm still walking the halls. Nothing to fear here.

Also, curious of everyone's need to apologize after making an SZ/SUFU comparison. Why is that?

[/quote]

Sufu is a community where the main discussions are out of topic and shopping while I guess here we strive to mainly reflect on fashion and design as opposed to anything else? BTW I like sufu.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Jon
                    • Apr 2008

[quote user="DHC"]

[/quote]

Wouldn't you feel a little embarassed comparing McDonald's burgers to gourmet?

Originally posted by merz
                    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

Or it could be because some of the old and 'respected' members have been downright hostile when someone new made the comparison, only adding to the intimidating and unfriendly atmosphere in this forum. But what do I know.

[quote user="Jon"][quote user="DHC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Comment

• HWith
                        • May 2007

EDIT: Double post.

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

[quote user="destroyed"]

Link please!

[8-|]

okthxbye

postscript: i like beer!

[B]

^ beer

[/quote]

Destroyed...this post is GOLD!!! What a great attempt to diffuse the whole situation. Or at least, that's how I took it. You rock!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

[quote user="HWith"]

Or it could be because some of the old and 'respected' members have been downright hostile when someone new made the comparison, only adding to the intimidating and unfriendly atmosphere in this forum. But what do I know.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Hhmmm. Never been witness to the charge.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• HWith
                              • May 2007

There is some of it in the WAYWT-thread, if I recall correctly, but I am way too lazy to look it through just to make a point. :-)

[quote user="DHC"][quote user="HWith"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Hhmmm. Never been witness to the charge.

[/quote]

Comment

• Chim
                                • Dec 2006

Guys, what happened?

We've gone from smart, detailed discussions of designer collections and other things and turned it into a snarky club house. Posting here is kind of like a stranger trying to butt into the conversation of some group of buds at a bar.

Faust is trying to maintain decorum and banning people for being assholes, but I think a form of probation would be better than an outright ban. Yes, there's not really any place for name calling or flames, but we're all guilty of getting mad sometimes. It is just downright hostile here now.

See for example that last post about "how do you guys afford this shit?". I thought that was a pretty legitimate topic (i've wondered as much myself sometimes) and although it was approached without tact, we ended up completely attacking the guy and scaring him off into oblivion. How do we get new blood when anytime a new member asks us how to afford all of the clothes we enjoy, we turn into the incredible hulk?

Instate a probation policy and everybody needs to stop taking this place so seriously. Delete good finds as a thread and pretty much all the drama will disappear as well. Either that or remove the dib system.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎