• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

NETFLIX

Just wondering how many people do Netflix - maybe we can exchange queues. It seems like we have a bunch of people who know their cinema.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: NETFLIX

[quote user="Faust"]Just wondering how many people do Netflix - maybe we can exchange queues. It seems like we have a bunch of people who know their cinema.
    [/quote]</p>

I do and I love it. </p>

ummm, my que though is about 300 movies long. [86]</p>

right now at home i have</p>

La Dolce Vita</p>

Into the Wild</p>

No Country for Old Men</p>
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• giantreptile
      • Jun 2008

[quote user="Faust"]Just wondering how many people do Netflix - maybe we can exchange queues. It seems like we have a bunch of people who know their cinema.
      [/quote]</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

i do blockbuster online, because i had issues with netflix and made the switch. i may come back some day. </P>

anyway, i was curious about something. i recently rented Control, and it said "blockbuster exclusive". so does that mean you can't get it on netflix? just curious. if you can get it, it's worth the rent, and complement it with grant gee's doc 'joy division'.</P>

Comment

• airboyair
        • Oct 2006

thanks for the tip, giantreptile. putting it on top of my netflix queue. i just returned Into the Wild (Kira, let me know what you think), Mr Brooks, The Kite Runner, YSL His Life and Times, The Red Balloon/White Mane (Faust, this rocks for Baby Faust) and all the Gaspard Ulliel movies (after watching Paris Je T'aime, I am hooked). now at home, Michael Clayton, La Vie en Rose and Goodnight Mister Tom.
        Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• Rubbish
          • Jul 2008

My use of Netflix has been confined exclusively to the Watch Instantly section lately. I think I've watched Men In Black about six times this summer. [86]

Comment

• airboyair
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]accepted. good luck with I Am Legend.
            [/quote]</P>

saw it last week and bf and I fell asleep. have you guys seen Cashback?</P>
            Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
              • Mar 2007

I just bought the lady friend a Roku box a week or two ago. we have been using that thing like crazy, i'm surprised how well it works.

Comment

• Who?
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="TypicalFashion"]I just bought the lady friend a Roku box a week or two ago. we have been using that thing like crazy, i'm surprised how well it works.
                [/quote]</p>

How does the interface work? I have been considering canceling cable and just using that, I really like the concept.
                </p>
                WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Hallelujah! You can now stream Netflix on your Mac.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TypicalFashion View Post
                    I just bought the lady friend a Roku box a week or two ago. we have been using that thing like crazy, i'm surprised how well it works.

I wish they'd allow it to stream EVERYTHING. Netflix would make a shit ton of money then. I'm sure there's licensing/royalty issues though...

Girlfriend and i watch episodes after episodes and lots of random documentaries thanks to the streaming aspect of Netflix. I hooked the desktop up to the tv which works really quite well!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Bump. Somebody recommend me something good that I can stream. I feel like everything is shit in my instant queue.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sinnedk
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Bump. Somebody recommend me something good that I can stream. I feel like everything is shit in my instant queue.
                        Check out "Senna" its a documentary
                        "This fast-paced documentary profiles Ayrton Senna, one of the greatest drivers in the history of Formula One racing, and a hero in his native Brazil. Using only archival footage, director Asif Kapadia examines the idealistic Senna's inspiring legend. Charismatic, compassionate and a dedicated risk-taker, Senna was known for his integrity in a sport often fraught with cutthroat politics, and also for the deep religious faith that gave him purpose."

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

oh yeah that was pretty good. my wife is brazilian and she watched all his races with her dad. those were tough economic times in brazil and she explained to me what a major major deal this was back then when so many had so little.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

- Delicatessen
                            - The City of Lost Children, same director as above
                            - Ichi the Killer
                            - A Boy and His Dog

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

some recent tv in my queue-

downton abbey: if you haven't jumped on the edwardian crack wagon..

damages: just started to watch this. glenn close owns this show. i've learned to appreciate legal drama being in a lawsuit myself.

portlandia: if you can stomach northwest hipster comedy sketches, by all means..

nick swardsons pretend time: garbage tv to tune out to..

recently watched movies/documentaries-

howl's moving castle: nice kids movie. can get creepy at times.

the rape of europa: nazi's steal art during ww2. book is a great accompaniment.

downfall: last days in hitlers bunker. superb acting. co-stars the beautiful alexandra maria lara.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎