• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Fashion photography

[quote user="ddohnggo"][/quote]

joey, i'm impressed w your new title of resident photoplay genius

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chim
      • Dec 2006

people still do HDR?

Comment

• maldoror
        • Jun 2007

[quote user="Chim"]people still do HDR?
        [/quote]

of course/unfortunately

in the states, HDR has all the retarded marketability of thomas kinkade with far greater commercial application. similarly popular with the motivational slogan on a poster set.

how this shit persists outside the US though is a complete mystery to me, kind like the existence of this thread

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="philip nod"] it doesn't matter
          if its text or images, every post can be reduced to this formula/ideal.

[/quote]

I fear that this is the case and there is a great swell of pity rising within me for Unknown.I hate giving benefit of the doubt only to get a pork chop in the face. I hope this doubt is proven wrong, but I do believe you are on the mark Pnidzy.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• unknown
            • Jun 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]the problem w unknown is that he's full of ambition but has no raw natural talent. and since he's 19 he will continue to try and work to achieve what comes naturally to the talented. we are witnessing and will continue to witness this evolution which will end when he has realized that he has no creative potential whatsoever. this will only occur once the people that have encouraged him finally stop or he gets bored of it himself. We will not witness this phase, unless we are here for at least another 5 years. so buckle up boys and girls its gonna be a long ride. and dhc, it doesn't matter if its text or images, every post can be reduced to this formula/ideal.
            [/quote]

something like "talent" doesnt exist at all. at nobody. talent is only an attribute, given to some people by other people, because the ideas of some people meet accidentally the spirit of the time. this does not mean that other people are not talented, their talents my simply not be asked for at the given time. Also i think its quiet vain to self-attribute talent to youself.. i think talent can only be attributed by people that are not into something and see talent in a person.

Comment

• noerml
              • May 2008

now there's an interested approach. So you would deny the over-average carpenter the .. how did you put it "attribute talent" and/or equally bestow it onto the 13 year old being forced to timber his uh.. "version" of a stool in his highschool craftsmen class.

do me the favor and check up "talent" and "aesthetics" ... maybe you'll find a solution to your obscure problem on the way. The world would thank you. I certainly would

And through their parting lids there came and went
              Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Forgive me if I offend you in this drunken response Unknown, but talent does exist. Everyone has their talents and it is a part of this journey, that is our life, to discover and utilize our talents. Anything can be learned. Talent propels, helps one excel.

And contrary to your assertion, being deemed talented is valid once it is recognized by those who possess a firm grasp of the necessary knowledge, insight, and deep understanding of the principles and theories in their practical as well as theoretical applications within the scope of a certain discipline. It takes a master, not a layman, to discern the presence of talent. Great. Juust great. Drinking+opinion+keyboard=crazy run-on sentence rambling.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• unknown
                  • Jun 2008

i disagree. if someone made a great stool, you call him talented, because he was able to create a great stool. But only because you think the stool is great. Let the same person life.. may be 200 years before, and everyone would say "the stool is ugly/sucks"..

thats what i ment.. so i guess talent is a phenomenon of its time.. so saying someone is "talented" in fashion is.. hmm, i think it sounds wrong. You may be talented in the eyes of some people and talented in to follow/or maybe create "spirit" of the time.. but i how i said before.. its just having the right ideas to fit into your time or to change somehing in your time.. thats what may be seen as talent..

and it is my right so disagree that there is something like a overall talent.. look at the big artists.. many of them were (in there time) not seen as a talent at all (because they didnt fit into the needs/ideas of their time).. and now, as (for example) their pictures are understandable, we say they had "talent" (because now their pictures fit into the ideas of our time)

so.. what i wanna say.. talent is created by the viewer of an (for example) piece of art.. because he attributes talent to the artist.. but if they artist lived 200 years before and hat the same "talent", no one would have recognized it..

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

i dunno man, i'm pretty sure talent exists. it's like that band nickleback and really bad trance or jeremy scott, they have some sort of talent, but the people who say they're rad, they just have really bad taste.

edit: here's some of my fashun photography http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/1/4...ead.aspx#47781

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i dunno man, i'm pretty sure talent exists. it's like that band nickleback and really bad trance or jeremy scott, they have some sort of talent, but the people who say they're rad, they just have really bad taste.

edit: here's some of my fashun photography http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/1/4...ead.aspx#47781

[/quote]

[74] Great point Joey!

Hey Unknown. Another example of Joey's point is this (if I may elaborate a bit). Rites of Spring, one of my favorite compositions of all time, saw its premier at the Theatre des Champs Elysees in 1913. The audience completely lost it. People couldn't handle it, save some composers in attendance who thought the work was brilliant. They understood what Stravinsky was doing and the genius in his work. That body of work had a tremendous impact on composers of his time and those that followed. It has shifted the shape of music as we know it today. Point being that I think that you are confusing "talent" with "mass appeal". Brilliance is brilliance, regardless of acceptance from the masses.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• unknown
                        • Jun 2008

who defines brilliance?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="unknown"]who defines brilliance?[/quote]

here we go again.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jlindstroem
                            • May 2008

brilliance, beauty, all that is just there.

No one defines it. You see it, you can feel it.

Beauty & briliance has been on this earth before mankind.

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

I smell a circular debate, so I'm going to put this down. Read prior posts. The answers are all there if you really want to see it from another point of view.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• unknown
                                • Jun 2008

[quote user="jlindstroem"]

brilliance, beauty, all that is just there.

No one defines it. You see it, you can feel it.

Beauty & briliance has been on this earth before mankind.

[/quote]

this is quite solemn..

beauty is always defined by the general taste.. for example the female body..

in the middle age it was real beauty to be fat and today you have to be skinny.. there are much more examples...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎