• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Castor
    • Nov 2009

Comfortable, but heavy.
    Originally posted by DRRRK
    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
      • Sep 2012

The only CCP footwear pieces i've handled are intimidating. Super comfortable and look like they were constructed by the hands of a greek god, but very intimidating pieces that look like they belong on display in a gallery.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
        i know the footwear is notoriously uncomfortable, i didn't realize it was purposeful. could you elaborate a little please?
        Originally posted by lowrey View Post
        which of the shoes are uncomfortable for you? maybe you've sized wrong.

my derbies, boots and sneakers are all very comfortable.
        Lowrey is right, if you wear them in your size, derbies/oxfords/boots/sneakers aren't uncomfortable. But I wouldn't say that they're comfortable, I would even add that saying that CCP shoes could be comfortable would be a misinterpretation.
        Why aren't they absolutely comfortable, like, say, uggs ? Because some boots are designed, not globally but locally, to hurt the feet : the creases on the toe-box are located just above the toes' joints and press them, on the 2007 boots for example. Derbies (2007, 2008, etc.) have a very low heel cup and you foot might easily slip outside of them, running with them is almost impossible. The one-piece boots (from 2009 or 2010) are lacking of proper instep, which function is usually to maintain the foot in place inside of the boots. Etc, etc.
        Why are they designed like this ? Because CCP is interested in disfunctionating bodies - or make them disfunction - or revealing that no body functions well (sorry, guys from the "You body, your health" thread...). Have already said this many times, no need to elaborate further.

Comment

• LOVE
          • Dec 2007

danke

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

I'm sorry, those CCP boots do not work for me. It's equivalent to a philosophy calling itself brand new by appending a few oriental concepts onto already existing beliefs.

Some bonafide CCP stilts, however, could be interesting...

Finally, I wear some CCP size 12 boots with a thick sport orthotic and they're actually more comfortable than Rick trainers because the tight thick leather actually provides a lot of ankle support! Carol would be disappointed.
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
              Laika : they're coherent with CCP's constant effort to design shoes and boots that are hindering the gait - more or less - and belong as well to the long list of hybrid forms he likes to create (remember something that I sent you a while ago ? ).
              I'm a terrible person.
              I haven't forgotten though...thank you for liberating my guilty conscience.

In the case of the shoes, I understand the concept all too well (it's so literal here that it pretty much hits you over the head...).
              I just think the form fails, and not intentionally here. I'm open to being convinced otherwise though. CCP thread has been very quiet for awhile now.
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

The hybrid forms have always been very litteral (the shirt with the bomber elastic cuff at the waist, the knit with the shirt collar, etc.) - like a school kid joke.

Gotta send you some pics, where the shoes (and the wearer) look like the're levitating.
                This shape works as an mirror image of another : the platform boots with the bridged sole, but no pic of them has been posted on the interwebz, afaik.
                Last edited by Chant; 03-17-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^Would be awesome to see them in action.

I actually have a pair of very non-conceptual (Chloe) shoes with a beautifully shaped wooden wedge that produces (no doubt to a lesser degree) that effect of levitation when worn. They are very precarious, like walking on rocking horses, and they receive more compliments than any other shoe I own.
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
                    they receive more compliments than any other shoe I own.
                    This is always a very bad sign.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      which of the shoes are uncomfortable for you? maybe you've sized wrong.

my derbies, boots and sneakers are all very comfortable.
                      Hmm, you need to get a real dress shoe, go to John Lobb or whatever and you'll see what comfortable means in that category, as for trainers well buy some Roshe runs, now that's comfortable. CCP is, at best, not uncomfortable.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        Hmm, you need to get a real dress shoe, go to John Lobb or whatever and you'll see what comfortable means in that category, as for trainers well buy some Roshe runs, now that's comfortable. CCP is, at best, not uncomfortable.
                        Fully agree.
                        Forgot to say that the derbies are way heavier than any other shoe of the same kind, and that they have a quite high heel that men are not really used to.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          they are comfortable as in good to wear and walk in. I'm of course speaking for my own collection.

I think you know what I meant with my reply though, I wasn't saying they are the most comfortable shoes ever made, but not generally uncomfortable either. I wouldn't generalize all ccp footwear as material makes a bit difference whether or not the shoes are for example constricting or not.

And even though the ccp's are called "trainers" or "sneakers", I wouldn't really compare them to proper running shoes.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• LOVE
                            • Dec 2007

i thought it was suggested they were designed to be uncomfortable. and yes, drips and the like seem to have more in common with some of the earlier sneakers ever made, or something rubberized in that wwii-ish way than anything being called a sneaker now.

in any case i'm partial to the lunarlon-soled nikes myself.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                              This is always a very bad sign.
                              only in Paris

Comment

• ahn
                                • Jul 2012

A non-issue really but as a(n emerging) jeweller, and someone who enjoys educating consumers to understand a product, incorrect terminology and phrasing in product descriptions grind my gears so hard.

"After the cast was made every piece was cast in wax then covered in brass"

This is not how the casting process works and is actually misleading for a consumer as it suggests the links are hollowed brass with wax inside. When you cast something you do not "cover" it in a metal, the mould is made around the wax and then the wax is melted away. It is replaced with metal wherever the wax was inside the mould.

/rant
                                some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎