X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikhail Moudrakovski
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
    Came across this collection today by a Canadian designer Mikhail Moudrakovski. It's titled "Posh Apocalyptic" consisting of "Men's and women's garments exploring the idea of an upper class in a post apocayptic society."

Thanks for posting my stuff deleuze. I appreciate that you guys have a sense of humor about it, as I like to incoporate it into my designs.

There's a actually a great story about that show:
    It was about 4 years ago I saw an ad at Carleton U in Ottawa seeking models for a fashion show. Despite having no prior experience, I managed to convince them I was a designer and they had me be a part of it.
    The men's stuff were garments I found at the local thrift store taken apart and resewn with added notions and spraypainted.
    The collection didn't win any awards, but it did steal all the press.

If any of you guys are checking out Nuit Blanche in Toronto on Saturday, feel free to stop by the Distillery 7pm-3am, my latest collection will be exhibited with the Art of Fashion.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
      Hm, I think the boxer shorts are interesting. Just because everyone in here (including me) can't seem to afford them, it seems like they get ugglier.

Let's say if they weren't that expensive, then I think many people wouldn't really mind, some people might even like them.
      No...I'm pretty sure those are visually offensive to me on just about every level. They look something that would be birthed as the result of Ed Hardy fucking Von Dutch if they had sex on a secluded beach somewhere near Malibu.

Honestly...if I was given a choice to wear those boxer shorts or wrap pink-tinted cellophane around my cock and balls daily with a ribbon, I'd go for the cellophane.

The fact that they're that expensive is just the icing of ridiculousness on the absurd cake. To me, it's as crazy as RAF beach towels and $200 Rick socks times 100.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

yeah i thought there was only one style of Yohji boxer released this season as some kind of directional showpiece at that price...but after learning there's apparently several styles, all ridiculously priced...

whoever out there bought a pair of these, Good Ass Job
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

i was at ron herman today and met whoopi goldberg, she was shopping for margiela and looked at a haider ackermann top lol
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• ES3K
            • Oct 2008

I would love to see that one, please post it in the waywt-thread.
            But IANWIT*, actually I've not touched it for 15+ yrs, so here you go:

*I am not wearing it today

Comment

• TarHeart
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
              No...I'm pretty sure those are visually offensive to me on just about every level. They look something that would be birthed as the result of Ed Hardy fucking Von Dutch if they had sex on a secluded beach somewhere near Malibu.

Honestly...if I was given a choice to wear those boxer shorts or wrap pink-tinted cellophane around my cock and balls daily with a ribbon, I'd go for the cellophane.

The fact that they're that expensive is just the icing of ridiculousness on the absurd cake. To me, it's as crazy as RAF beach towels and $200 Rick socks times 100.
              What is wrong with you? You can think whatever you like, but that sort of language is just inappropriate,
              but most of all stupid.

Comment

• TarHeart
                • Jun 2009

I'm very glad you actually posted the shirt ES3K, that shirt is amazing. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

What is wrong with you? You can think whatever you like, but that sort of language is just inappropriate,
                  but most of all stupid.
                  Suggesting people think that garbage is only ugly because they cannot afford it is more stupid than anything.

Comment

• almroth
                    • Jul 2008

amen, and I don't see how beardowns language is inappropriate..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

all shirts with nude women prints on them are fails in my book. Yohji, like Carol and others can fail utterly as well. There is literally no situation where you can wear a shirt like that without looking cheap or people thinking you're just classless. Those boxers are ridiculous as well.

I think it says quite a bit when the one person that owns one of those Yohji shirts says they've had it in their closet for quite some time. I was kind of dismayed to see his name attached to something like that.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ES3K View Post

everything about this shirt from the cut, to the collar and the fabric are vintage Yohji. due to fabric quality in general, this is a relic of an era of clothing in general that will never be seen again.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

but most of all stupid.
                          I find it absolutely impossible to discuss the absurd without using questionable language and ridiculous scenarios.
                          But yeah, it was retarded of you to suggest that people don't like something because they can't afford it. Especially something that looks like it came from some midwestern shopping mall sales rack.

The lesson here is that sometimes good designers create shitty things and charge ridiculous amounts because they can.

We're discussing style and clothing here...you should have fun with it and lighten up.
                          I apologize if I came across as stupid. I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth.
                          You came across to me as a bit clueless and pretentious so maybe we are both wrong and should just start over.
                          Last edited by beardown; 10-05-2009, 02:12 AM. Reason: edited to remove 'stupidity'
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

nice post beardown. i think tarheart needs to apply a little self-moderation, based on some board research, before launching into any more ill-advised comments. i see the boss has lost his patience as well.....

as for the shirt with the boobies, i don't see this as part of the same continuum as the boxers. i think that was from one of yohji's best men's collections where he did those prints on jacket and jeans too. seen in the context of the collection, they totally made sense, and looked quite beautiful. it's interesting also that albert makes the point about everyone being able to make big mistakes. this is of course true, but another thing CCP and Yohji has in common is that with most of their items (other than basics) it take the right kind of steez to wear them and NOT look like an idiot. some guys can pull it off, most cannot.

Comment

• ES3K
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              all shirts with nude women prints on them are fails in my book. Yohji, like Carol and others can fail utterly as well. There is literally no situation where you can wear a shirt like that without looking cheap or people thinking you're just classless. Those boxers are ridiculous as well.
                              Agreed on the boxers, but not on nude women :)

I bought the shirt around 1990, I was 18 or 19 back then and fell in love with YY and Comme des Garcons. This shirt, along with charcoal CdG pants, looked classy and elegant, still would probably.
                              Of course it may not be readily understood by anyone, but isn't this the point with fashion sometimes? To be different, even to provoke. What about Rick dropcrotch pants? Or Demeulemeester boots treated like they are 10 years old? Some person at the supermarket would mistake me for a bummer probably.

I love it when Yohji does girls. This is my favorite piece of knit ever. You can see her knickers

Comment

• merkuri
                                • Sep 2009

^will find link, but first collection inspired by hohan is not...um...how you say? not a success.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎