Originally posted by ES3K View Post
      Hoodloom.
      ya'll ain't got nothin on this guy
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
        Exactly, this is the bullshit Ann fans have to put up with while still making believe her design ethos has not changed. Sebastien Meunier...

There's no better indication of how her fans feel about this change than the 70% off prices Ann reached in most stores this season.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

"featuring the words ‘Ann Demeulemeester’ ". l to the ol.

still, she makes brilliant napkin holders michael, as you well know.

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Haha I do.
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• theconsumer
              • Feb 2009

Coming soon: Ann Demeulemeester leather mouse pad.

Ann Demeulemeester leather mouse available separately.

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

Is Mrs. Demeulemeester responsible for these little lifestyle pieces or is someone with the keys to the label putting them out?

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

Maybe she noticed that Rick was getting away with selling 'leather boxes' and thought she'd take a crack at office supplies.

And of course this is all boiling down to 'ethos' and 'authenticity'.

"Exactly, this is the bullshit Ann fans have to put up with while still making believe her design ethos has not changed."

Dude, you own Givenchy dress shirts.
                  If you can't find a few recent pieces from Ann that you like, I'd say you're being too critical or overly dramatic about all this. And you really did say that the napkin holder/bracelet was one of the few pieces from last season that really spoke to you.

I've read you go on and on about it almost to the point where you're martyring yourself.
                  We get it. You have been an Ann fan longer than anyone else and she no longer meets your standard of the high level of fashunz that you choose for yourself.
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• michael_kard
                    • Oct 2010

I judge each designer on an individual basis - and Ann is not the same thing as Riccardo Tisci. Although, for what it's worth, I'm no longer a fan of Givenchy.

Anyway, I've written about this ONCE before, so I don't see how I'm 'martyring myself'. The standards whose fluctuation I criticize are not so much my own, as much as the standards Ann's work used to proclaim, which I subsequently came to admire and perhaps identify with.

Also, I wrote that the bracelet was the only thing I could see myself wearing, because everything else in that collection sucks. Never said it spoke to me.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      I'm afraid my new Rick boots are counterfeit. They appear to be only 98% mohawk. Where did my other 2% of mohawk go?
                      That's definitely a counterfeit from Olmar & Mirta.

Last update about the situation: She sent it back despite my explanations and links provided. Her ignorance left me utterly speechless. Am I the only person who wants to kill someone so bad for being so silly?
                      Originally posted by Patroklus
                      Better too adventurous than not enough
                      everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Lane
                        • Aug 2010

I don't see what's wrong with michael kards distaste with the state of things, maybe he is the true romantic, a dying breed.

lol

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post

Last update about the situation: She sent it back despite my explanations and links provided. Her ignorance left me utterly speechless. l]
                          i never encountered a buyer or seller like that but id like to find them and play some smashy smashy w / their face , back of a pickup and a brick wall god u kno how good that would make me feel rite now . did she win her case w / ebay , is that why she sent the item back to u ? i hope ebay wasnt that silly

Comment

• Rosenrot
                            • Aug 2010

No she just sent it back within 5 hours of opening the dispute. I have yet to raise the case to Ebay, not sure whether to kick up a fuss now and defend my case or just dismiss her as a lunatic who enjoys tormenting sellers. She did inform me that she was dealing with a refund from another Ebay seller before buying my stuff.

Originally posted by Patroklus
                            Better too adventurous than not enough
                            everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• theconsumer
                              • Feb 2009

An example why culture jamming is ultimately just consumerism.

That said, I find this amusing

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

i feel like sewing 2 squares of leather together then branding it is pretty low for ann and against the general ethos of letting the clothes speak for themselves. by all means the only reason the paperweight will sell is because of the ann logo which is pretty stupid. you'd expect it moreso from brands that are all about slapping their logo on anything that comes along but not from ann.
                                i feel like it differs from rick because rick does make furniture now and while the leather boxes were out of place being sold alongside drop crotch sweatpants they make perfect sense sitting atop a rick table or next to a rick chair. so in the correct context i think the rick home goods make perfect sense as an extension of his universe. eventually rick will make entire rick homes and rick's universe will be materialized.
                                ann has no excuse for selling that leather square.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎