X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

LV better decide on their fucking image. Either you are a WASP/Haute Bourgeois brand or you are the new bling brand. Shit or get off the pot.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Kingdavid
      • Jan 2009

The shoes aren't as horrendous as they sounded like they'd be. The subtle logo on the sole are actually tasteful... I guess. Kanye, though? Seems an odd choice. I agree that their image is getting a bit confused.

Comment

• Kingdavid
        • Jan 2009

Wow, that is so wrong. And so weird. Is it some sort of foreign tee trying to look cool or is it some Urban Outfitters-type catalog thing trying to look cool?

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by justine View Post
          Kanye West + Louis Vuitton collaboration:

I read somewhere that Kanye was looking to start a fashion externship with LV or Marc Jacobs...the reason: To give is own label fashion, which will launch later this year, credence.

Comment

• Wiggles
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Better than most LV. At least there aren't 3 million copies of the logo printed on it.
            So true. I'd agree that LV is straddling two fashion worlds and if they don't step out of one I wouldn't be surprised if they really start alienating some of their base clients. These shoes look like they're cheap for the old LV image that I have; the couture, older and more high culture image of the house. These remind me of the K Swiss collaboration (Herzues? I can't remember) from a while back with the lego-esque straps.

Comment

• Kingdavid
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by reborn View Post
              I read somewhere that Kanye was looking to start a fashion externship with LV or Marc Jacobs...the reason: To give is own label fashion, which will launch later this year, credence.
              That's exactly what we need today: more over-priced, cheaply-made disposable garbage.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
                So true. I'd agree that LV is straddling two fashion worlds and if they don't step out of one I wouldn't be surprised if they really start alienating some of their base clients. These shoes look like they're cheap for the old LV image that I have; the couture, older and more high culture image of the house. These remind me of the K Swiss collaboration (Herzues? I can't remember) from a while back with the lego-esque straps.
                They already are alienating their core clients. Hence their attempts to lure them back with those Gorbachev/Agassi/Coppola ads. But their shareholders want constant growth and there is no end to at Arnault's ego, and there are not enough old rich people in the world to sustain such growth. So they turn to the middle class.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• howinpark
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by IV. View Post
                  Now this is really WTF, when i saw this i was so pissed off. See for yourself.

Cloak Fall 2006

Gucci Fall 2008

uh....found one more

well....its bit adjusted ..
                  oh and its from BAPE recalling the price....hm...500000yen? correct me if im wrong..

Comment

• editevening
                    • Nov 2008

you probably could have just posted a bape logo and been done with it.
                    #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• howinpark
                      • Jan 2009

hahaha
                      thats true but i mean when i first looked at the price it stuck in my head..and then came thru WTF thread...and all of a sudden realized the similarity.
                      Well.. i wouldnt go harsh on bape but i dont like icecream.
                      some would come after this and say somthing but its like that to me

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by howinpark View Post
                        uh....found one more

well....its bit adjusted ..
                        oh and its from BAPE recalling the price....hm...500000yen? correct me if im wrong..
                        I believe the last time this was posted someone went into the history of that jacket and why it's really not a particular designer's territory.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• cabl3
                          • Dec 2008

yes it was...it was established that that jacket was not necissarily a design that cloak invented, rather a traditional type of coat (i forgot what kind).

ha its like saying gucci would be ripping off burberry by making a trench.
                          "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
                          - Wilde

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                            • Oct 2007

Yeah it's post-war B-7 Flight Coat... my post on the second page.

Comment

• howinpark
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
                              Yeah it's post-war B-7 Flight Coat... my post on the second page.
                              oh~~ thanks
                              that explains...

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Seriously; when did the ROW become as expensive as CCP???
                                WTF
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎