X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atmosphere
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
    Just so I'm clear, the WTF is about ripping off CCP? Or do I have that wrong?
    Obviously

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

and also happy to announce they are using the same ccp fabric supplier!

and is this an aitor sketch??

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

Good selling point..
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• Squat
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by nictan View Post
          nope.

And jumping in the game: is this CCP? Oh my, what hasty conclusion sorry, I must have noticed the "signature" tassels too late.

Comment

• lazyguru
            • Jun 2008

iam sorry mate I cannot believe I even considered ordering something from him , this is downright disgusting !
            How can you defend this shit everything he is creating is a watered down version of the designers we love. Just look at that belt for christs sake !

This is not inspired , this belongs on fucking canal street
            SHAME ON YOU bossert

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Squat View Post
              nope.

And jumping in the game: is this CCP? Oh my, what hasty conclusion sorry, I must have noticed the "signature" tassels too late.
              First pair is from BBS11/12, second is from CCP.

Edit: Got it. Point Squat. =)
              Last edited by stagename; 10-09-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Squat
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                First pair is from BBS11/12, second is from CCP.
                Hahaha that's a good one. Thanks for pointing this out but that was my point. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it took you a small moment and a little post-re-edit, to notice the difference between the two yourself ;)

Originally posted by lazyguru View Post
                (...) is a watered down version of the designers we love. Just look at that belt for christs sake ! (...)
                You got something mixed up here mate. I think you are referring to that Forconi MA+ ripoff belt sold on antonioli and mentioned in the thread before, which has nothing to do with Bosserts work and the him-using-same-stitching-techniques-as-CCP-dilemma.

I only pointed out that I didn't find the sketches to be comparable to those of Aitor Throup at all. And since it is apparently a new custom in WTF to point out copies, I contributed the gloves to redirect the discussion to its core with an even better example, of what for me is a blatant copy.

Comment

• Wax
                  • Sep 2009

this thread truely has some potential.
                  I too hate it when CCP copies creative design ideas and inventions from new designers or cool dudes like BBS

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

The sketches are not like Aitor Throup, instead they are inspired by Egon Schiele. But in the context of basically being inspired by CCP and somewhat 'ripping him off', remember there is no copyright in clothing. I simply would rather buy the authentic product no matter the price difference he is offering. On principle i wouldn't buy the water down version or the derivative.
                    Again the sketch is pretty, its good, but i hate it. The reason being anyone who has seen CCP's sketches knows the artist Egon Schiele influenced CCP's style of drawing. So in the case of Boss-fart he is less likely to be inspired by an outsource as Egon Schiele but more likely CCP's sketches.

Everyone in fashion copy's something from someone else but in the hope to re-contextualize it or to create something original. I am in no doubt BossFart is technically great and his materials are also good, but we do not just buy high fashion for the quality and material, we buy into the brand identity wether we admit it or not. Carol can charge what he wants and people will pay because he is a true creative. Where as the Austrian bloke who has been making money reselling old dior at profit for years seems to lack the creative aspect we should really value.

ON A DIFFERENT TOPIC:

Via ClineEthan he he,

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

^ Perfectly said, R.

Regarding the link, I read it too fast and thought it said Kanye.

"Ann Demeulemeester + Kanye West collab", could you imagine? Talk about a front-page WTF.
                      sain't

Comment

• Squat
                        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        Everyone in fashion copy's something from someone else but in the hope to re-contextualize it or to create something original."
                        I couldn't disagree more. This is a very sad and resilient view which you have on fashion but above that, your sentence in itself makes no sense at all. Everybody copies something in hope to create something original? I don't think so.

So in your eyes the job of a fashion creator consists of taking apart something he wants to copy (because there is no creation in your definition) and to modify some parts of it, no matter the outcome and no matter if quality and material suffer under that modification, only to give that item enough (pseudo-) originality? So to better fit some shady, unsubstantial, purely invented but well marketed brand identity, which people like you (fashion victims?) are then eager to spend their cash on?

But hey thanks Snafu, you helped me to better understand, how people can spend big amounts of money on items, which already fall apart on the racks. Apparently, you justify those flaws by elevating them to a kind of originality or absolute need, in order to achieve the strict goal of differentiation from the source of inspiration.

Coming back to the example of the gloves: I see a blatant copy, were the copier (or to put it in the context of your worldview, better say the creator or designer) has no remorse earning and calling for merits for the design itself of the product, the material/leather processing, even the way it is pictured and the aesthetics it is presented in, only because there is a huge marketing machinery behind it, which has already established what you call "brand identity", thru methods purely not related to the craft and the art itself. Hell apparently it nowadays needs an entire book about yourself, already in your middle thirties, so to explain how you are not copying X or Y and how you became so creative and inventive all by yourself.

Then I see a young guy like Bossert, who doesn't claim having invented anything at all, by pointing out himself and specifically naming the techniques he has acquired, then used, together with their explicit source. He is not looking for merit on the invention of those seems, but in the execution of those and he makes it clear. Originality gone or not there yet, remains pure technical execution and materials, and that is what I am indeed attracted to and willing to pay for.

Also, I don't buy CCP for any brand identity and I will most certainly not admit to anything like that. I buy CCP for the items themselves and what they represent in their own entity. To me, CCP is not high fashion either but stands outside that (circus).

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        Again the sketch is pretty, its good, but i hate it.
                        "(...) Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
                        Last edited by Squat; 10-09-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

I can't seem to sift thru my cat gifs fast enough.
                          sain't

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

how about this one

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

That's even better than the turtle one I have.
                              sain't

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎