Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guardimp
    • Jun 2010

Inspired by the t-shirt thread. I just came across this and am not sure if to post it in the t-shirt thread or in wtf, I thought it was a pretty funny review of the VTB t-shirt.

Last edited by guardimp; 12-20-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
      If I ever get married, I will try to convince my wife to be to wear that dress down the aisle; it is awesome.
      I'll try to get mine to wear it for the divorce hearing...
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

I wasn't happy about the vibe from the review either, hence the wtf. It's kind of sad to see black clothing relegated to a street-style sub-genre in the fashion spectrum. Hopefully in three or four years the masses can leave it alone again.

Comment

• croatoan
          • Jul 2007

As ridiculous and silly as it is, I find it quite refreshing in a way. Men's fashion has come to the point in the public's perception that some regular guy can make a popular, totally regular-guy video about his undying love for garments and get comments of support rather than (it being YouTube) "ur gay" and the like.

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

Is this a regular guy talking about his love for a garment, or rather a guy talking about something to boost his views? Personally when I saw the video I was reminded of people who posed as scene kids when that was the trend and emos when that was in style. I kind of feel the comments are more of the same, people looking for a checklist of things to buy to live a lifestyle. More of a consumerist appropriation of a style holding meaning to some.

Comment

• DamageX
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              I'll try to get mine to wear it for the divorce hearing...
              Hahaha! Sounds like a good WAYWT post.

That is unless you are actually getting a divorce, then my apologies

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
                That is unless you are actually getting a divorce, then my apologies
                The latter, no need to apologise...
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                  Interesting take.

I suppose it's like the debate over Harry Potter and literacy a few years back - I was glad kids were reading more, but would still have preferred that they were reading something better.

Similarly, it might be a good sign, but that doesn't make it a good video. (Edit: not that you were saying it was, of course).
                  OT: Having read Harry Potter with my daughter, I wouldn't knock it. Yes, it starts out as a children's book, but by the end it ends up a complicated story full of ambiguity and complexity of character. My daughter has learned a ton of vocabulary words from the last three books. I was rolling my eyes for the first two volumes and was totally hooked by the fourth. And it has opened the door to more reading. We are now reading His Dark Materials together and loving it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

Interesting take.

I suppose it's like the debate over Harry Potter and literacy a few years back - I was glad kids were reading more, but would still have preferred that they were reading something better.

Similarly, it might be a good sign, but that doesn't make it a good video. (Edit: not that you were saying it was, of course).
                    Are you serious man? I can't think of a better book for kids (maybe Roald Dahl). What exactly is 'better' for you?

And sorry to hear that mrbeuys, good luck with everything.

Comment

• croatoan
                      • Jul 2007

But that is your opinion looking back as an adult. Of course now I look back and think how cool it would have been to read Tove Jansson instead of Redwall or whatever but at that age what kid wants to listen to what some older person is recommending to them? This article from The Onion comes to mind: Cool Dad Raising Daughter On Media That Will Put Her Entirely Out Of Touch With Her Generation.

Oh right, WTF.. Sorry.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

edit continues... to clarify: I thought HP was overrated. What I've read of it was derivative (if it stole any more of Tolkien's central plot devices it would be fanfic). It was another story about a young white male defeating a dark lord through a series of mcguffins (we've had enough of those). And the writing in the first book (the one I read most of before despairing of it) was really pedestrian. Thin characters, poor sentence structure, competent pacing.

But then, I don't like George RR Martin's writings either, so maybe I'm just a controversialist.
                        Yeah, but pretty much everything was ripped from Tolkien, who himself has ripped from folklore. Tolkien was simply the first to make it into a popular work of fiction. One needs to go no further than Joseph Campbell to see that. I mean, The Hobbit can be a blueprint for Campbell's theory of the hero's journey.

Oh, god, I am a geek.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                          • Sep 2008

Comment

• avout
                            • Nov 2011

^ I bet people here have seen that already, but I always get a kick out of "internationally-recognized fashion designer". It's like they have no idea who he is and that's the best they could come up with.

Comment

• antabaka
                              • Mar 2013

tricky ricky so inspiring

Comment

• Mung_city
                                • Jul 2012

i don't see how that is a WTF. he went there and graduated, and it's a good way for people to see what you can amount to. It's a great school actually

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎