• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
    What I wanna know is, what on earth are these boutiques thinking? do they actually think people who buy some of their more regularly stocked brands will actually consider HBA, and Off White? I understand Tres-Bien taking a shot at them, but Antonioli?
    It's a hype beast client and there are plenty of them - I don't see the logic in your statement. Superfuture is 5 times bigger than SZ.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      It's a hype beast client and there are plenty of them - I don't see the logic in your statement. Superfuture is 5 times bigger than SZ.
      Yes but does sufu buy this stuff? Hypebeast on the other hand....
      ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• apathy!
        • Jan 2014

wtf at price and printed text

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

when I visited Antonioli in Milan, basically 90% of their stock was ''WTF''

Fear of God is only popular because Jerry Lorenzo is a close friend of Kanye, so Kanye wears it a lot. It belongs to one of the worst labels I've seen same goes for Au Courant that's a rip off too.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
            Fear of God is only popular because Jerry Lorenzo is a close friend of Kanye, so Kanye wears it a lot. It belongs to one of the worst labels I've seen same goes for Au Courant that's a rip off too.
            Half of the rap scene wears it, not only Kanye. This whole new (not so new) 'streetwear' nonsense crap with hundreds of labels, bigcartels, etc. is really getting on my nerves.

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

isn't the youth naming this movement ''streetgoth'' & ''ghettogothic''
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• ambrosian
                • Dec 2012

It's just the trickle down effect. It's interesting how it comes as a wave, from 'niche', in which passionate individuals support the designers and zeitgeist, to the crest, in which high social value individuals slowly begin to indulge in the movement. Finally, you have the watering down of it all - the mainstream-ification - and the tide slowly recedes.
                street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• ian+
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                  isn't the youth naming this movement ''streetgoth'' & ''ghettogothic''
                  streetwear or not, fact is that Ricardo Tisci (mainly) totally fucked the present and the near future. pfff

Comment

• messenoire
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                    streetwear or not, fact is that Ricardo Tisci (mainly) totally fucked the present and the near future. pfff
                    seconded, i think he took the luxury out of givenchy.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                      Yes but does sufu buy this stuff? Hypebeast on the other hand....
                      I thought the two are interchangeable? (Not knocking SuFu)
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I thought the two are interchangeable? (Not knocking SuFu)
                        maybe, SuFu holds up well though

Comment

• applecrisp
                          • Jun 2013

I don't know why everyone is getting so bent out of shape. This is what fashion is... IT'S ALL ABOUT TRENDS. They come and go.

Somehow, someone (well, everyone all at once) attempted to tap into the RO aesthetic but everyone that actually buys RO and knows the product, knows that this imitator stuff is not the same in any way, only slightly in outward appearance.

I'm sure the prices that these idiots are trying to get for this crap will put them out of business quickly and they'll all go back to mom and dad after they feel they've lived their fantasy fashion designer lives long enough. They can move on to the next trend... maybe ramen or artisinal tea or some other nonsense that they saw on instagram.

Remember BAPE? Remember all that "Heritage" crap? Remember _______?

Good quality stuff will live on, do not worry.

(yes, I realize that excusing the existence of shitty clothing is a dumb thing to do in the WTF thread, but I'm bored.)

Comment

• Picasso
                            • Jul 2013

Bape ain't a trend. It's alive n well. Supreme level, maybe lost a big with the loss of Nigo but the Asians go crazy over it.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Not going back to Mom and Dad in BAPE's case. Nigo made millions. Doesn't sound like you know much about the business side of things. People mine these trends exactly because a good amount of money can be made in a short time.

Even if you go sit on the corner of Crosby and Prince for a few hours, as I do, to see what the kids wear and how many of them wear the same thing and than extrapolate that worldwide.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

I lived the BAPE and the BBC/ICE CREAM lifestyle to the max it was during my intensive skating/urban phase combined with attending Beat battles and b-boy jams, we go back in time about +/- 8 years, I even have the Ape face tattooed under my ''Star Trak'' logo tattoo, dedicated to The Neptunes. It was a phase for me, also when I tattooed those things, so yeah its some kind of trend. And most things I tattooed are during a certain phase of interest in a certain lifestyle, during that period I tattooed it along side with some old school KAWS artworks and Takashi Murakami.

BAPE is since Nigo left, a mess, the people who now wear it are a bunch of hype beast as well.. (talking about the new stuff)
                                BAPE made a come back with all the classic re-makes in cheaper quality and lower prices by that mass company in Hong Kong who bought it from Nigo.
                                On the other hand, Nigo is now rising up with HUMAN MADE, also sold at IDOL Brooklyn.

I am with Faust on this one though, it was a trend but again it had a nice philosophy attached to it, nothing deep or special but I liked it.

applecrisp, I don't know what you exactly mean though with ''quality'' ? their quality was good, it had better quality than HBA etc. for example
                                a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎