X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    It's a hype beast client and there are plenty of them - I don't see the logic in your statement. Superfuture is 5 times bigger than SZ.
    This makes me think you have never visited SuperFuture.
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• applecrisp
      • Jun 2013

Sorry, didn't know BAPE was such a touchy subject around here, haha.

It was a trend, c'mon. I mean people like Lil Wayne were wearing it. Same way that ASAP Rocky is wearing RO now. If he's still famous 10 years from now and RO is not the cool thing to wear anymore, do you think he'll be wearing it?

BAPE is to Grnappletree as Rick Owens is to Fear Of God.

I'm just saying, at the time when BAPE was trending at it's peak, it was imitated by dozens of companies trying to cash in. I understand that BAPE is still around and Nigo is rich as fuck, but I meant to say BAPE as an overall aesthetic trend that others tried to cash in on.

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

Not a touchy subject, and yes like I mentioned it was/is a trend, I hated it when I saw Lil Wayne wear it but thats years ago, now ASAP made it a trend again, but Biggie already wore it in the 90s. but let's not forget, BAPE already exists for 21 years.

I agree with you though
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Uppvakningur
          • Nov 2013

Cool edit. wonder if thebreaks saw?

For it's size, superfuture seems to have more overlapping interests with this forum than hypebeast, and the stuff we are discussing here has not made an appearance on superfuture or even places like 4chan outside of comedic value. There may be something of a sufu uniform, and its between tech and 90s japanese/Belgian deconstruction.
          Last edited by Uppvakningur; 06-03-2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Null12
            • Oct 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
            Not a touchy subject, and yes like I mentioned it was/is a trend, I hated it when I saw Lil Wayne wear it but thats years ago, now ASAP made it a trend again, but Biggie already wore it in the 90s. but let's not forget, BAPE already exists for 21 years.
            I agree with you though
            Yup~

Same here. I rocked a ton of Bathing Ape / Billionaire Boys Club / mastermindJAPAN / C.L.O.T / etc. and mixed it in with whatever else I had/have because it was fun to me.

Bape had been in iffy waters since they got sold and Nigo left... But it still remains popular in Jp kind of like supreme is here.

As 550BC mentioned, Bape has been around for quite a while and even with the company changes they will prob. remain around for some time.

I personally am not touchy about it - though, I can see how people can label Bape as a trend since soulja boy himself turned the brand into water stock... :P

Comment

• Picasso
              • Jul 2013

You'd be surprised when you realize how long some of these streetware brands have been around. A trend would be iceberg, evisu, n stuff like that. BAPE & BBC stand the test of the time. Which says a lot. Not saying i'm a fan of either but respect where it's due

Comment

• applecrisp
                • Jun 2013

Evisu was founded a couple years before BAPE and Iceberg was founded a couple decades before that. BBC started less than 10 years ago.

I understand that everyone loves BAPE, I have no problem with the company or what it stands for.

Comment

• Picasso
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by applecrisp View Post
                  Evisu was founded a couple years before BAPE and Iceberg was founded a couple decades before that. BBC started less than 10 years ago.

I understand that everyone loves BAPE, I have no problem with the company or what it stands for.
                  But my point is no one wears either brand.

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

Dwayne Wade....
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

I thought the two are interchangeable? (Not knocking SuFu)
                      Not at all, and no one wears HBA on sufu or it is at least quite rare. Sufu is more undercover than what we could truly call streetwear. I guess what I do wear (Margiela, Schneider, Branquinho, Rick, Bernhard Willhelm etc.) is one of the many styles that fits on sufu.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                        • Apr 2014

It's a hype beast client and there are plenty of them - I don't see the logic in your statement. Superfuture is 5 times bigger than SZ.
                        Antonioli doesn't seem like the kind of place for a hypebeast client, nor does HBA seem to cater to such clientele, not with those prices, but what I would know, I'm not affiliated with that scene. If Shayne Oliver is actually making good profit with the brand though, good for him.

Comment

• 550BC
                          • Jan 2013

I have visited Antonioli, they didn't seem so special as you guys think... there was one guy in all rick the others were dressed head to toe in Givenchy and similar brands..and attitude, they had such an attitude...
                          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                            • Apr 2014

Better for display?

Comment

• messenoire
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                              Better for display?
                              i was told the concept was that you had to cut the sleeves which leads me to the obvious question "why?" maybe it encourages an ownership that you dont normally experience with lux garments but at the same time i find it a bit silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎