Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

yeah 2pac shirt filed under "future vintage" sharing real estate with yohji, margiela, alaia, etc.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• BlacknWhite
      • Apr 2014

Shucks, ehhh I still don't see it, but if you do, that's cool. You did see the collection in person after all. Perhaps it's just me being so tired of so many brands with an oh so similar aesthetic that I just can't see it for being anything special.

<-Previous page
      TUPAC WOULD NEVER APPROVE OF THAT PRICE TAG! Pop a cap in who evers ass thought that tshirt would be okay.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
        Shucks, ehhh I still don't see it, but if you do, that's cool. You did see the collection in person after all. Perhaps it's just me being so tired of so many brands with an oh so similar aesthetic that I just can't see it for being anything special.
        how 'unique' it is, is not so related to whether or not the designer has 'poetic' intentions with his design.

and the brand has quite an introspective (inside-out) character - they are not very concerned with what others are doing, nor with marketing or "building a unique brand identity". i think the best way to judge their work is to evaluate each piece on its own merits, and how it would fit into your own wardrobe.

but of course i can appreciate your point of view.

Comment

• Picasso
          • Jul 2013

That's what Dame Dash n em refer to as culture vultures

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

I don't even know what brand that is, but I remember probably exact the same tshirts of tupac being sold for 10-20euro back in the day, and probably today too
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

The category is "Future Vintage". Time machines are expensive.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                how 'unique' it is, is not so related to whether or not the designer has 'poetic' intentions with his design.

and the brand has quite an introspective (inside-out) character - they are not very concerned with what others are doing, nor with marketing or "building a unique brand identity". i think the best way to judge their work is to evaluate each piece on its own merits, and how it would fit into your own wardrobe.

but of course i can appreciate your point of view.
                but it's so dependent on what is happening that's why it looks basically 95% like everything that's out, it's definitely less poetic than it is pretentious.
                this whole inspired by whatever poem thing reminds me of that silly thing that Nike designers are doing w/ signature footwear for their athletes now.. every shoe has a story , an inspiration, sometimes an area code, or some details from their stupid $250K car, i call bullshit on all that shit, it's a basketball shoe, it either looks good or bad as long as it performs that's good enough. I don't need area codes on my athletic wear and i don't want a shirt that i have to put work into if it's $300+, finish the sleeves so i don't have to and don't tell me this shirt is from a poem because u did this same shirt the last 3 seasons, is it all the same poem??? maybe someone should get a library card or read some new poems...

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

you have anger issues, my friend.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

i just don't go for everything people are trying to sell me, i judge the work by the actual work not by what the salespeople say it is.
                    seriously how are u gonna tell me a shirt is based on a poem when u have been making the same shirt for several seasons? the whole I don't pay attention to what's happening but everything I do fits into everything on the sz brands agenda is laughable at best.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

didn't i just say that the items are best judged on their own merits and how they fit into one's wardrobe?

i don't really care one way or the other if anyone decides to give the backstory (inspiration of the designer etc.) any importance, or not.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

An here's me, writing a keynote on the importance of storytelling in content marketing. FML.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

it is super important, that's what it is though content marketing.
                          to be fair, every designer has the same basics every season... I just don't care for the marketing thing w/ people i don't care about but that's not unusual. I used to love the story of what Jordans were based on. fighter jets etc.. and i love hearing what Rick has to say but for others, obviously not so much. I think amazing work warrants an open mind.

Comment

• 550BC
                            • Jan 2013

I am open to any designers stories, because one comes with it earlier than the other or gets discovered earlier than the other doesn't mean we need to ignore them and don't take them seriously. Yet I get your thoughts and they're similar to mine, that many people design some things these days and then attach a story to it afterward to make it seem more interesting. probably 9/10 brands these days use this technique to reach more people and sound more interesting, but basically when you remove the story and observe the garment as it is, it's nothing! you can't put the pieces together and attach that story/poem or a similar one, with a strong brand you can. I am not that familiar with Manamis his work, I could see the poetic element of that detail on the sleeves, but not with his entire collection(s)
                            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                              An here's me, writing a keynote on the importance of storytelling in content marketing. FML.
                              i teach a course in brand management twice a year. go figure.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                                i teach a course in brand management twice a year. go figure.
                                Fellas, fellas, fellas, you're working way too hard. Haven't you learned by now that aaanything can be sold with a solid cat gif?
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎