Thread: WTF

  1. #11621

    Default

    Gareth Pugh SS18 fashion film. Could be very disturbing: in this case scroll to the 9th minute.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzi6JIzj6N8

  2. #11622

    Default

    After that, I don't even want to see the collection. Is he into Satanic rituals and blood sacrifices and such? Um, no thanks. Who is his audience/buyer? Not me, obviously.

  3. #11623

    Default

    I actually liked it. The rituals, sacrifice, disfiguration... I was really into most of it. Loved the ending as well.

  4. #11624

    Default

    I actually liked the clay part.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

  5. #11625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byhand View Post
    After that, I don't even want to see the collection. Is he into Satanic rituals and blood sacrifices and such? Um, no thanks. Who is his audience/buyer? Not me, obviously.
    lol wut. The performance artist he worked with in the film is Olivier de Sagazan. He's been around for quite some time, even worked with FKA Twigs as well and was featured in the documentary Samsara. I don't see anything satanic here as someone who's dated a satanist before.
    Last edited by Ahimsa; 10-30-2017 at 03:18 PM.

  6. #11626

    Default

    Yeah I thought it was quite tolerable for a promo art film, honestly. IT'S THATAN

  7. #11627
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newp View Post
    Gareth Pugh SS18 fashion film. Could be very disturbing: in this case scroll to the 9th minute.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzi6JIzj6N8
    I like it.

  8. #11628

    Default

    Agree. It's especially good after the 9th minute. Funny to see someone flag it like a religious zealot. It is clearly a more artistic take with some really beautiful pieces coming after the "red" series starts later in the video. I think some of his better work!

  9. #11629

    Default

    Grailed requiring sellers to upgrade their accounts. Basically sellers have to upgrade their PayPal Personal accounts to PayPal Business accounts in order to continue selling. I’m assuming the money you make from selling will be taxed.

  10. #11630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
    Grailed requiring sellers to upgrade their accounts. Basically sellers have to upgrade their PayPal Personal accounts to PayPal Business accounts in order to continue selling. Iím assuming the money you make from selling will be taxed.
    This kills the grailed
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

  11. #11631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
    Grailed requiring sellers to upgrade their accounts. Basically sellers have to upgrade their PayPal Personal accounts to PayPal Business accounts in order to continue selling. Iím assuming the money you make from selling will be taxed.
    Any more info on this? And is this effecting sellers from outside the US?

  12. #11632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondthemeans View Post
    Any more info on this? And is this effecting sellers from outside the US?
    From Grailed:

    What is a PayPal Business Account?


    A PayPal Business Account is the same as a Personal Account. You do not need to be a business to create one and it changes nothing for tax purposes. The reason we are upgrading is because these accounts provide greater security to users by better identifying potential fraud before it even happens.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

  13. #11633

    Default

    From a reddit thread discussing this topic -
    "For taxes, PayPal has always been clear that it reports on 1099 only if you make over 20K a year in sales AND over 200 transactions, business account or personal account."

  14. #11634

    Default

    Payments on grailed after the business account upgrade are now held (show as pending on paypal) up to 3 days after delivery confirmation.
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

  15. #11635
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
    Grailed requiring sellers to upgrade their accounts. Basically sellers have to upgrade their PayPal Personal accounts to PayPal Business accounts in order to continue selling. I’m assuming the money you make from selling will be taxed.
    How was this communicated? Didnt see anything about it.

  16. #11636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenr View Post
    How was this communicated? Didnt see anything about it.
    Have you seen any change communicated by them?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

  17. #11637

    Default

    It's basically plastered across the whole site

  18. #11638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbeuys View Post
    From Grailed:

    What is a PayPal Business Account?


    A PayPal Business Account is the same as a Personal Account. You do not need to be a business to create one and it changes nothing for tax purposes. The reason we are upgrading is because these accounts provide greater security to users by better identifying potential fraud before it even happens.
    Wouldnít this make more sense to make an upgrade mandatory for people that use grailed as a business. Not sellers who sell 3-4 items a year just to get money to refresh their wardrobe.

  19. #11639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenr View Post
    How was this communicated? Didnt see anything about it.
    They sent me an email. When I️ use the app I️ canít do shit without being directed to a link to upgrade my account.

  20. #11640
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
    They sent me an email. When I️ use the app I️ can’t do shit without being directed to a link to upgrade my account.
    Dont see anything. Could be due to different location. Im in Germany and when i access the website, i see nothing. And have no problems using the app.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •