Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

I think it would work a lot better as a thigh band, to hold up a girl's stockings.
    sain't

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      the firsT time i've seen rick branding something so blatantly other than socks. i had no idea this existed until today
      $189 vicious headband
      Out of context, it seems kind of cute.

Comment

• messenoire
        • Nov 2009

if rick made leather thigh bands

Comment

• apathy!
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          Not all content has to be shit just because it sells something.
          I'm willing to be proved wrong but if that something is a product, i think it does have to be shit.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

the firsT time i've seen rick branding something so blatantly other than socks. i had no idea this existed until today
            Socks? Unless it's seasonal socks, it's nothing written on them and Rick Owens brand logo itself is on sole anyway.

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by newp View Post
              Socks? Unless it's seasonal socks, it's nothing written on them and Rick Owens brand logo itself is on sole anyway.
              maybe not lately but he used to do it a lot more

Comment

• Null12
                • Oct 2013

I am guilty of actually liking the "vicious" headband.

Hay Hay~ *Snap-Snap-Snap*

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

It's possible the socks in a cashmere version could potentially make a return because michele has been wearing them lately or so I read somewhere. . .
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Well these socks are seasonal. I just don't think about season name placed somewhere as branding.

Comment

• Aurum
                      • Dec 2013

$189 vicious headband
                      I can see where you're coming from on this one, but I think eschewing the product as mere branding is a bit of a bummer. As some have already mentioned, if you're unfamiliar with Rick and this collection, it stands alone well as a quirky and (possibly) fabulous article of functional activewear. (Declaring my badassery while out on my early morning run? Ha, maybe.) And from what I can tell, his logo isn't visible when the band is being worn.
                      Within the collection it incorporates well graphically, reinforcing the cutting-edge athletic aesthetic. Vivienne Westwood's CHAOS wraps are a better example of a branding fail, since the orb logo really indicates that the product is just deliberate marketing.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                        I'm willing to be proved wrong but if that something is a product, i think it does have to be shit.
                        Considering you want to be deep, that's pretty shallow.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          Considering you want to be deep, that's pretty shallow.
                          I can understand your opposition on a theoretical level but from an empirical standpoint I must admit I have problem pinpointing an actual example of promotional content about a product showing any sort of greatness. Maybe if you extend it to within a millimeter of meaninglessness, like BSR previously did, and include something like Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel but that is rather absurd. In the end it is even harder to do when you focus on actual written texts of the "buy those pants, timeless classic with a twist", Mr Porter style.
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            I can understand your opposition on a theoretical level but from an empirical standpoint I must admit I have problem pinpointing an actual example of promotional content about a product showing any sort of greatness. Maybe if you extend it to within a millimeter of meaninglessness, like BSR previously did, and include something like Michelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel but that is rather absurd. In the end it is even harder to do when you focus on actual written texts of the "buy those pants, timeless classic with a twist", Mr Porter style.
                            I'm not an expert in advertising (at all) but it seems to me there's quite a few examples, like Benetton's campaign with an anorexic model (which raises awareness abt anorexia AND the brand equity) or Coca-cola choosing afro-american models circa 1970. But, of course, with such a subjective criterium like "greatness", you might not agree at all.
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                              I'm not an expert in advertising (at all) but it seems to me there's quite a few examples, like Benetton's campaign with an anorexic model (which raises awareness abt anorexia AND the brand equity) or Coca-cola choosing afro-american models circa 1970. But, of course, with such a subjective criterium like "greatness", you might not agree at all.
                              Exactly. One person's idea of greatness is another's eye roll. Doesn't help that we're all jaded as fuck, either. And even in the rare event that consensus actually settles on a specific example, you'll still have someone crying foul because "the endgame is profit".
                              sain't

Comment

• mrbeuys
                                • May 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                                ... "the endgame is profit".
                                I couldn't even begin to see what's wrong with that.
                                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎