• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
    I probably would regardless of gender.
    BAM!!! Haha, how cool would that be? I agree with Albert that this dude probably does it because of attention-deficit-disorder (meant in another way here). But, Heirloom has a point too, I think - although there are social norms when it comes to dressing, these norms are malleable.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• for the record though, i might not have been clear enough on that point, but this dudes outfits seem a bit scattered and unfocused, which is why it's leading me to believe that he does this outof attention reasons.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

"...people like to put a WTF label on it, but before you do, you should always try the same thing on a woman before you let your social conventions play you a trick" from heirloom

This just does not work, especially in this case... I am sorry but I dont think this looks good on anyone. And the whole purpose is to seek attention and nothing more. The thought that it is more than that is ridiculous and we all know it.

I can care less if you are male wearing Ann D lace up knee boots or a female wearing a ccp gitter suit, with blistered grey boots. It should be worn well, with the goal of looking good in it, good for your body, right? While I do think that it is valid to consider that something may be designed more specifically for a certain body type, right. So there are some pieces that are going to look more fitted for a male body type and some more fitted for a female body type. For example this perhaps is to simple but... a bra is only worn when there is something to put in it...regardless if stuffed or not, real breasts, fake breasts, or cotton. It does not work otherwise.

Aren't we beyond the semantics of this idea now anyways, or am I really naive here. People surely have their own history that determines their perspective. But somehow you are always going to offend someone, without intending to. I mean I have never seen gender in this way. I see masculinity/feminity, etc and how it is a balance as Chinorlz said.
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post
          I can care less if you are male wearing Ann D lace up knee boots or a female wearing a ccp gitter suit, with blistered grey boots. It should be worn well, with the goal of looking good in it, good for your body, right? While I do think that it is valid to consider that something may be designed more specifically for a certain body type, right. So there are some pieces that are going to look more fitted for a male body type and some more fitted for a female body type. For example this perhaps is to simple but... a bra is only worn when there is something to put in it...regardless if stuffed or not, real breasts, fake breasts, or cotton. It does not work otherwise.
          I'd like to see that.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Kira, i wasn't clear enough on the fact that I thought his outfit looked bad, but not outof a feminine/masculine perspective. It simply did not fit his body type, I agree with you. I was just defending when people started talking about cross-dressing as creepy.

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
              I'd like to see that.
              i have been thinking about this for some time...not that it would look good necessarily on me, nor could i afford it but maybe some version of it.

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                Kira, i wasn't clear enough on the fact that I thought his outfit looked bad, but not outof a feminine/masculine perspective. It simply did not fit his body type, I agree with you. I was just defending when people started talking about cross-dressing as creepy.
                Right, I know.

Comment

• therapysessions
                  • Jul 2007

ok. this is different from whats been posted here but I had to post this because this is a bit of a wtf moment for my friend and I.

I just had to post this.

My friend is a photographer in Los Angeles who recently graduated. In her senior thesis exhibit in 2006, she did a series of people with fox masks on the back of peoples heads. It was later shown in large format at an exhibit earlier this year

here's one of the images.

she blogged about going to the grocery store and checking out the new details, only to see this series shot by steven klein

eck. It's even the same mask, just spray painted!

Comment

• justine
                    • Jan 2007

Damn Ugly Prada

Saw those in the windows uptown this morning, wow: u.g.l.y.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by therapysessions View Post
                      ok. this is different from whats been posted here but I had to post this because this is a bit of a wtf moment for my friend and I.

I just had to post this.

My friend is a photographer in Los Angeles who recently graduated. In her senior thesis exhibit in 2006, she did a series of people with fox masks on the back of peoples heads. It was later shown in large format at an exhibit earlier this year

here's one of the images.

she blogged about going to the grocery store and checking out the new details, only to see this series shot by steven klein

eck. It's even the same mask, just spray painted!
                      but he turned it upside down.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• boysdontcryy
                        • Oct 2008

Kinda looks like some Berluti's I've seen.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by boysdontcryy View Post
                          Kinda looks like some Berluti's I've seen.
                          Kinda looks like you should just stop.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drexl
                            • Sep 2006

More early CCP gold...err...silver.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

wow
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

so apparently copies of Hedi's Berlin photography book with cardboard casing are selling for $2000 if you can find them?

Maybe it's time to put mine up on ebay...
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎