Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

I liked the second season of Mr. Robot much less than the first. The couple of Lynchian moments were fun, but I found the detective story to be a drag.

Then again, I just burned through season 6 of The Walking Dead in like a week so who am I to judge.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
      I liked the second season of Mr. Robot much less than the first. The couple of Lynchian moments were fun, but I found the detective story to be a drag.

Then again, I just burned through season 6 of The Walking Dead in like a week so who am I to judge.
      Why? Walking Dead is the best.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deadboy
        • Jul 2013

Maybe it's just memories of the plodding finale, but I wasn't crazy about season 6. On the plus side, I finally found out what those dudes at the bar meant when they told me I look like Jesus.

I'm actually doing a full re-watch now that my wife has gotten into the show. Season 2 feels like it's dragging on forever.

Comment

• mne
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by imho_essno View Post
          Just watched The Great Beauty by Paolo Sorrentino. Nice movie about dead people who are too rich to understand that they are already dead. Astonishing backgrounds.
          I loved The Great Beauty, it made me want to go to Rome for all the wrong reasons :)

Comment

• jap808
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mne View Post
            I loved The Great Beauty, it made me want to go to Rome for all the wrong reasons :)
            These wrong reasons'll end up being the right reasons ;)

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Marvel Luke Cage on Netflix. It's really good and utilized the characters and premise cleverly.

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                Marvel Luke Cage on Netflix. It's really good and utilized the characters and premise cleverly.
                Agreed. Music is definitely on point too!

On another note: has anyone watched the Man in the high castle? Is it worth watching?
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• mne
                  • Mar 2016

has anyone seen Black Mirror? Yesterday the 3rd season became available on Netflix.. it's so good.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                    • Aug 2014

has anyone seen Black Mirror? Yesterday the 3rd season became available on Netflix.. it's so good.
                    Its definitely on my list. The Christmas special blew me away!

What did you think of the new season compared to one and two, now that Netflix is producing?

Comment

• mne
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
                      Its definitely on my list. The Christmas special blew me away!

What did you think of the new season compared to one and two, now that Netflix is producing?
                      I don't want to spoil anything but I do think you can feel the 'American touch' with this season, it has 6 episodes of which I liked 4. I found the remaining 2 a bit random and not really concise with the rest. I won't reveal which ones I'm talking about, watch it and let me know your thoughts!

Comment

• eleves
                        • Sep 2012

Haven't started the new season yet but black mirror is one of the better shows of the genre/theme that I have seen in a while. I agree that the Christmas special was amazing! Crazy how it wasn't even the best episode of the show IMO
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                          Haven't started the new season yet but black mirror is one of the better shows of the genre/theme that I have seen in a while. I agree that the Christmas special was amazing! Crazy how it wasn't even the best episode of the show IMO
                          I was impressed that they managed to actually blow my mind with an interconnected plot twist a la Fight Club or Sixth Sense. Which is your favorite episode?

Comment

• Cantara
                            • Mar 2015

Currently watching Westworld. Not really sure if I like it or not yet... I'll have to give it more of a chance.

Comment

• mne
                              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                              Let me know your thoughts on the new season once you've watched it.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                                • Aug 2014

Let me know your thoughts on the new season once you've watched it.
                                I just finished the first two episodes....

Episode two was right up my alley. I've heard Black Mirror described as a twilight zone for the 21st century. This episode seems to adhere to that caliber. Plus It was a nice surprise to see that it was directed by Dan Trachtenberg.

From what I'm seeing so far The first episode subtly drew me in while the second just shot me out of a sci-fi cannon. Trying not to get all hyped about it before i finish the season, but that episode has me exhilarated to see what's next!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎