Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mne
    • Mar 2016

Has anyone seen First Reformed ? I very much enjoyed spying on Ethan Hawke going through his personal apocalypse.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mne View Post
      Has anyone seen First Reformed ? I very much enjoyed spying on Ethan Hawke going through his personal apocalypse.
      No, but he always checks me out when we run into each other in Cobble Hill. I am the only man there not wearing the Dad uniform.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mne
        • Mar 2016

Oh dear haha. Well let us know once you've watched it. Would like to know your view on it (Taxi Driver references and all).

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
          • Oct 2015

The TRUE toxicity of social media revealed.

In case you didn't know already.

Sam Vaknin Richard Grannon Seminar Liverpool March 2019 "How to Manipulate the Narcissist or Psychopath"https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/how-to-manipulate-the-nar...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Oh dear haha. Well let us know once you've watched it. Would like to know your view on it (Taxi Driver references and all).
            Did not like it at all. Apparently I'm the only one since all the critics seem to be in love. The ending was just so lame, it killed a fairly promising story line.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mne
              • Mar 2016

Can we discuss Joker already ?!

Comment

• jap808
                • Dec 2012

It's about time!
                I loved it.
                Usually I don't trust when every person/critic/newspaper/magazine/blog etc says "xxx's interpretation is incredible"... But -yes- "Joaquin Phoenix's interpretation is incredible".

Comment

• mne
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by jap808 View Post
                  It's about time!
                  I loved it.
                  Usually I don't trust when every person/critic/newspaper/magazine/blog etc says "xxx's interpretation is incredible"... But -yes- "Joaquin Phoenix's interpretation is incredible".
                  Joaquin Phoenix was remarkable, I wouldn't expect anything less from him, the music was good with the intense cellos trying to build the narrative,but I have issues with the plot development. It felt random and confusing, the links to Wayne's family I found them too far fetched. I wish the very last scene wasn't included. I'm glad (the obvious) plot twist happened because it explains that random scene with him making out with his neighbour.

I'm still in two minds about the film, maybe I need to watch it again.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                    • May 2010

its horrible, which just reenforced what i've always said, follow directors not actors. As much as I love River's brother, he was the worst he's been in a long time. And the director is an idiot. If u wanna see a class war movie w/ a sense of movement and filled w/ incredible metaphors and also not made by a fuckin idiot go see Parasite, i would estimate that its 1 squillion times better, thats a rough estimate , its probably higher.

Comment

• mne
                      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                      its horrible, which just reenforced what i've always said, follow directors not actors. As much as I love River's brother, he was the worst he's been in a long time. And the director is an idiot. If u wanna see a class war movie w/ a sense of movement and filled w/ incredible metaphors and also not made by a fuckin idiot go see Parasite, i would estimate that its 1 squillion times better, thats a rough estimate , its probably higher.
                      Good point about following directors and not actors. I disagree with Joaquin being bad in it, I just think it might seem as if he's decided to turn this role into his own artistic show reel. His dancing abilities are great though! I don't know much about Todd Phillips as a director, as I don't particularly enjoy the type of movies he's made (never watched nor planning to watch The Hangover or The Road Trip).

Parasite sounds intriguing ! I will give it a go.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

My litmus test is if both A.O. Scott and Anthony Lane pan it, I will delegate it to the ranks of airplane movies. And mind you, A.O. Scott has turned populist years ago, but he positively destroyed it... So, I guess, you'll have to wait three months for my review :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DannyDagger
                          • Nov 2018

Just watched Fritz Lang's 'M'. Absolutely timeless movie, those last 20 minutes in the factory basement were fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎