X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olethomas
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Anyone watching Taboo? Not sold on Tom Hardy in it after the first episode. Especially his tough guy walk - that needs to go stat.
    did the whole season in a week or so. found it both quite progressive, for a show made entirely by straight white guys, also interesting regarding a lot of shifting character sympathy and twist of turns in some ways, but there's an overbearing predictability that was very comfortable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Recommend me a new TV series:

Loves: The Wire, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Knick, Generation Kill, Deadwood

Likes: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Orphan Black, Band of Brothers, Poldark

Didn't care for: Westworld, Mr. Robot, Sopranos, Downtown Abbey, Treme
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nestor
        • Jul 2017

Some shows I would recommend are: The Leftovers, Les Revenants, Jordskott, Occupied, Homeland, Broadchurch, and Black Mirror.

I should mention some of those are just shows that I think are well written or produced and not just suggestions based on your likes.

On a sidenote I also thought Westworld wasn't that great. At first I was interested and watched it in full, but it didn't age well with me afterwards

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Loves: The Wire, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Knick, Generation Kill, Deadwood

I assume you've done Hannibal?

Surprised you didn't enjoy Westworld, but I can see your eyes rolling to the back of your head at the in-park narrative bits. I found it profound despite being bored by "robot shit" most of the time, but my interest might be professional here.

Comment

• Alan
            • Aug 2014

A yuge horror movie buff here. Other genres that I love as well: psychological thrillers, mysteries, suspense, foreign

Last movie watched: The Invisible Guest (original title: Contratiempo)

Rated by me: 10/10

It's so good, every person alive must see it

The less you know, the better

Can't wait to see: Mother!, Flatliners, Jigsaw

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Started watching The Handmaid's Tale. Although it has an interesting premise and good costume design, some of the narration can get extremely cringe worthy at times which really takes away from the whole.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                Started watching The Handmaid's Tale. Although it has an interesting premise and good costume design, some of the narration can get extremely cringe worthy at times which really takes away from the whole.
                I am staying away because from what I understand they have mangled the book quite badly.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• viv1984viv
                  • Feb 2008

The Affair, The Leftovers, The Fall, Top of the Lake
                  Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• chaiwallah
                    • Feb 2015

Peaky Blinders, Line of Duty (UK Series), and Rectify

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by viv1984viv View Post
                      The Affair, The Leftovers, The Fall, Top of the Lake
                      I was quite surprised at how good The Affair is -- haven't done the latest season, but the binary narrative told from the male and female perspectives is expertly done.

Comment

• viv1984viv
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                        I was quite surprised at how good The Affair is -- haven't done the latest season, but the binary narrative told from the male and female perspectives is expertly done.
                        Yes. The juxtaposition of viewpoints is very thorough. Even the make up adheres to the subjective viewpoints (e.g. - most female characters tend to have quite red, fuller lips when seen from a male's viewpoint).

I have to say though, I do not have high hopes for season 4. I felt that s3 had all the hallmarks of writer's grasping at plot straws tbh...
                        Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Been massively enjoying Mindhunter as many of you here, I'm sure. Really checks all the boxes for me as far as the cinematography, acting, forensic / historical subject and of course Fincher's hyper-realist approach to CGI. Something like Zodiac: the show.

Wormwood is extremely intriguing as well, and I thought the majority of Mr. Robot's third season was fantastic, particularly E03 centering on Tyrrel and that finale. Granted a few missteps in the name of marketing and Elliott is still irritating, but the convergence of side plots has been something special.

Looking forward to trying Netflix's Dark soon.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I think I am finally done with the Walking Dead...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Watched the first season of Peaky Blinders, but it failed to grip me. I found it unconvincing, starting with the fact that a guy like Thomas Shelby wouldn't do due diligence on Grace - especially that he did some, but not enough. And that he'd let her in so easily. And that the wicked cop would propose to her one day and shoot her the next. It sure is an aesthetically pleasing show though - loved the suits especially and the music can't be beat.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

Have you tried the Swedish/Danish show "Bron/Broen"?
                                It's honestly nothing like the shows you love, but I also love The Wire and Deadwood and like Game of Thrones and Orphan Black, and I liked Bron/Broen a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎