X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mne
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
    I just finished the first two episodes....

Episode two was right up my alley. I've heard Black Mirror described as a twilight zone for the 21st century. This episode seems to adhere to that caliber. Plus It was a nice surprise to see that it was directed by Dan Trachtenberg.

From what I'm seeing so far The first episode subtly drew me in while the second just shot me out of a sci-fi cannon. Trying not to get all hyped about it before i finish the season, but that episode has me exhilarated to see what's next!
    I couldn't agree more, the first episode was ok but the 2nd brought me back to what the original Black Mirror was about, dark, distorted, exaggerated reality with interesting plot twists and futuristic theme. The 3rd one is crazy, I'll tell you that..

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

I just finished the first two episodes as well and I definitely that this season is great so far. Both episodes were super relevant I thought and good plays on the various needs of people. I'm definitely excited for the 3rd episode! Like you mentioned, the American touch is present for sure, much more intense than what I've come to know as "British cinematic violence". Netflix has just been garnering a bunch of wins lately and I'm happy that the show is in their hands
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Giving up on West World after five episodes. I think I gave it a fair shot, but I am finding it meandering, and the whole "what is reality and purpose of life" repetitive dialogues quite inane.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

For sure. I gave up on The Walking Dead for the same reason, recurring themes spelled out every other episode and an almost episodic treatment of villains. People suck, another evil guy, filler cast dies, core cast member dies, sudden character development, etc.

I'm only watching Westworld to see it all fall apart, which is a draw that feels very contrived at this point in the series. I hope they wrap it up in one season because I'm having a hard time picturing where it could go, aside from expanding the scope beyond the park and beyond those rather insular motives and consequences.

Comment

• Sir_Dope
            • Apr 2016

I recently just finished watching Penny Dreadful. It's only 3 seasons long, which sucks, but it's all on Netflix and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is by far one of the most beautifully written shows I've ever watched.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sir_Dope View Post
              I recently just finished watching Penny Dreadful. It's only 3 seasons long, which sucks, but it's all on Netflix and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is by far one of the most beautifully written shows I've ever watched.
              Interesting - I find it so mind-numbingly daft that the very mention of it now makes my eyes roll automatically. The cinematography and costumes are its saving graces, but I can't get past the affectations of dialogue, story, and subpar acting on the part of pretty much everyone, starting with Eva Green.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sir_Dope
                • Apr 2016

The acting yes, it is definitely subpar. But the elaborate sets are gorgeous. I don't know, maybe because I haven't seen many shows in my time that I find the wordplay beautiful. But I have to agree, the storylines are a bit dreary. It's aesthetically pleasing to me though.

Comment

• mne
                  • Mar 2016

I'm watching Atlanta. Love it. Big up Donald Glover.

Comment

• kathykit
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Why? Walking Dead is the best.
                    I also love walking dead.
                    And now I am just watching Supernatural.

Comment

• mamooon
                      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Cantara View Post
                      Currently watching Westworld. Not really sure if I like it or not yet... I'll have to give it more of a chance.
                      me too. and as i have never seen the original movie and avoided to read about the plot, i'm curious how the story develops, also as the show doesn't want to be just a blatant copy, as j.j. mentioned once, it's 'inspired' by the movie, so there might be a few surprises.

Started watching 'Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency' recently, based on the books of Douglas Adams. Weird, funny, but somehow pretty strange, but yet somehow pretty entertaining.

Comment

• mne
                        • Mar 2016

Revisited Fight Club last night after 10 years. Nothing has changed. More relevant than ever if anything.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Watched half of Rogue One on a plane. I mean, I don't even know why I am writing this, because you all know what I think. But there were two new lows: a) is that I realized I am watching the same fucking "Find your Dad, blow up the Death Star" movie over and over again just with different characters b) why is it unrelated to the one before that? Did I miss something?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goldsamxo
                            • Jan 2017

Watched half of Rogue One on a plane. I mean, I don't even know why I am writing this, because you all know what I think. But there were two new lows: a) is that I realized I am watching the same fucking "Find your Dad, blow up the Death Star" movie over and over again just with different characters b) why is it unrelated to the one before that? Did I miss something?
                            I actually thought it was really good. It was a lot of fun - the Darth Vader scene at the end was the best moment in the movie.
                            They're expanding the Star Wars universe, this movie was one of the 'side stories'. It is between Episode 3 & 4
                            Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                            Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Anyone watching Taboo? Not sold on Tom Hardy in it after the first episode. Especially his tough guy walk - that needs to go stat.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DNHT
                                • Dec 2015

Anyone watching Taboo? Not sold on Tom Hardy in it after the first episode. Especially his tough guy walk - that needs to go stat.
                                If you're watching Taboo, Google "Tom Hardy Grunt Counter."

It makes his grunting like the cowbell in "Don't Fear the Reaper", once you've seen "More Cowbell"...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎