Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    I was quite surprised at how good The Affair is -- haven't done the latest season, but the binary narrative told from the male and female perspectives is expertly done.
    Yes. The juxtaposition of viewpoints is very thorough. Even the make up adheres to the subjective viewpoints (e.g. - most female characters tend to have quite red, fuller lips when seen from a male's viewpoint).

I have to say though, I do not have high hopes for season 4. I felt that s3 had all the hallmarks of writer's grasping at plot straws tbh...

Been massively enjoying Mindhunter as many of you here, I'm sure. Really checks all the boxes for me as far as the cinematography, acting, forensic / historical subject and of course Fincher's hyper-realist approach to CGI. Something like Zodiac: the show.

Wormwood is extremely intriguing as well, and I thought the majority of Mr. Robot's third season was fantastic, particularly E03 centering on Tyrrel and that finale. Granted a few missteps in the name of marketing and Elliott is still irritating, but the convergence of side plots has been something special.

Looking forward to trying Netflix's Dark soon.

I think I am finally done with the Walking Dead...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Watched the first season of Peaky Blinders, but it failed to grip me. I found it unconvincing, starting with the fact that a guy like Thomas Shelby wouldn't do due diligence on Grace - especially that he did some, but not enough. And that he'd let her in so easily. And that the wicked cop would propose to her one day and shoot her the next. It sure is an aesthetically pleasing show though - loved the suits especially and the music can't be beat.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Have you tried the Swedish/Danish show "Bron/Broen"?
    It's honestly nothing like the shows you love, but I also love The Wire and Deadwood and like Game of Thrones and Orphan Black, and I liked Bron/Broen a lot.

Has anyone seen First Reformed ? I very much enjoyed spying on Ethan Hawke going through his personal apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by mne View Post
    Has anyone seen First Reformed ? I very much enjoyed spying on Ethan Hawke going through his personal apocalypse.
    No, but he always checks me out when we run into each other in Cobble Hill. I am the only man there not wearing the Dad uniform.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Oh dear haha. Well let us know once you've watched it. Would like to know your view on it (Taxi Driver references and all).

Default The TRUE toxicity of social media revealed.

In case you didn't know already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXcjvL9VSc

Quote Originally Posted by mne View Post
    Oh dear haha. Well let us know once you've watched it. Would like to know your view on it (Taxi Driver references and all).
    Did not like it at all. Apparently I'm the only one since all the critics seem to be in love. The ending was just so lame, it killed a fairly promising story line.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine