Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joshdavidwalter
    • Jul 2014

looking forward to Boardwalk Empire this September. should be a great final season.

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Watched Unicorn City. I got this napoleon dynamitexLARP vibe. Actually enjoyed the movie, although I kept telling myself it's a fan-made film (don't know if it is or isn't) to excuse the shitty acting etc.. If you cannot imagine yourself as a larper (or lacking in fantasy), this film might not be for you. Also some MTG references were made that made me smile.
      Grailed link

Comment

• j100000
        • May 2014

Any The Walking Dead fans here?? the new season 5 trailer is out. watch it if you haven't already!

Comment

• brettwagg
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
          Any The Walking Dead fans here?? the new season 5 trailer is out. watch it if you haven't already!
          I'll have to check it out. I have a friend who is a frequent extra on the show as a zombie and he was going to do some filming again earlier this year for the new season. I have some shells from blanks fired during filming. Looking forward to the new season for sure.

Comment

• j100000
            • May 2014

Originally posted by brettwagg View Post
            I'll have to check it out. I have a friend who is a frequent extra on the show as a zombie and he was going to do some filming again earlier this year for the new season. I have some shells from blanks fired during filming. Looking forward to the new season for sure.
            From someone who comes from Australia, that sound really cool ahah, yeah I cant wait. October 12 for you guys, 13th for me

Comment

• Osseovs
              • Oct 2012

In time with the complete Blu-ray release, I've been revisiting Twin Peaks in heavy doses. Coincidentally, my coffee intake has increased considerably.

Comment

• a bag of it
                • Jan 2014

I've been watching Ray Donovan and I have to say this season is a bit stale compared to the last one

Comment

• udbrud
                  • Dec 2013

Just watched Gilliam's The Zero Theorem, which is a total what the fuck of a movie, but quite excellent and entertaining in it's absurdity (what can you really expect from the guy, who directed Brazil?).

Also been watched the US version of Wilfred a bunch. Really like that series - it follows through with it's madness and maintains some kind of coherence anyway. Plus the humour is just plain dark. Oh, and finally, did I mention it actually manages to sometimes make you forget that Elijah Wood plays the main character? (as an aside, the 2012 remake of the classic slasher Maniac, actually managed the same for the most part)

Comment

• j100000
                    • May 2014

On episode 13 of Attack on titan, best shit ever.

Comment

• absintheparty
                      • May 2013

Originally posted by Osseovs View Post
                      In time with the complete Blu-ray release, I've been revisiting Twin Peaks in heavy doses. Coincidentally, my coffee intake has increased considerably.

Comment

• mikko
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by a bag of it View Post
                        I've been watching Ray Donovan and I have to say this season is a bit stale compared to the last one
                        Just finished watching the first season so this is disappointing news. Jon Voight was so throughout the whole season.

Comment

• pilgrim
                          • Apr 2014

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...shutter-727571

HBO, Martin Scorsese Prepping 'Shutter Island' TV Series.

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

were cc hennix and keiji haino to take on the same protégé, that musician might emerge sounding like kim seok-chul. essential watching for fans of "harsh" vocals, though, honestly, kim seok-chul's vocal's aren't harsh if you understand them.

also, please please please please rick owens will you film someone doing a korean shamanic dance in your clothing
                            Last edited by trentk; 08-30-2014, 05:10 AM.
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• kurta
                              • Jun 2014

Very into Ken Burns's latest masterstroke -- the seven-part PBS documentary THE ROOSEVELTS: An Intimate History, which is airing all this week, and is tremendous.

You can watch all seven parts online on any device here:
                              http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-roosevelts/

It's crisply written and narrated, expertly directed (naturally), and introduces a new element to Burns's style: Plenty of the "Ken Burns Effect" of zooming and panning across archival photos with VO, but here we have actual video and b-roll, at least for the FDR/Eleanor portion.

And of course, the film is helped by the charisma of its subjects -- Theodore, Franklin, Eleanor -- who are incredibly compelling individually, and possessed of monumental stature and accomplishment when considered together.

This NPR piece does a nice job discussing Burns's work here, and calls it his "best yet":
                              http://www.npr.org/2014/09/10/347276...burns-best-yet

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                                • Sep 2013

History did an amazing two-part biopic into the life of magician Harry Houdini. I don't watch much tv but this is worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎