• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
    Also, the gf is rather unusual and likes ghosty/ghoul things, I've seen you can do a few tours of the old bunkers and stuff - anyone got any feedback on things like that.
    this might be of interest for you: http://berliner-unterwelten.de
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• BBSCCP
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      this might be of interest for you: http://berliner-unterwelten.de
      I can highly recommend that to you. especially the track at moritzplatz!

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

Faust, I stayed in a great apartment in Mitte that I found on airbnb.com for like 65 bucks a night, and it was twice the size of my NYC apartment and super centrally located. You should check out that site.

Comment

• Mikevigar
          • Jan 2010

Thanks Lowrey and BBSCCP - she'll love it, not that I want to encourage her love of these things, I sit through enough mystery programmes on Bravo, Crime Network, FX, Syfy and Living, but I guess it makes up for all the football she has to watch.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
            Faust, I stayed in a great apartment in Mitte that I found on airbnb.com for like 65 bucks a night, and it was twice the size of my NYC apartment and super centrally located. You should check out that site.
            Ok, thanks. Forgot about that one.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arcane
              • Jul 2008

I'd say Prenzlauer Berg is the best place to stay if you can find a good apartment. Nightlife isn't much to talk about (apart from a couple of good bars) but you get the same calm as in Charlottenburg and are way better connected. You can easily go all over town from there. Stay close to the Friedrichshain border and away from Kollwitzplatz to dodge tourists.

As for eating, I can recommend Cafe Nord-Sud (Auguststr.) for very cheap and simple french food and a great atmossphere. ETA Hoffmann for more fancy french but still rather cheap, great value for money. For Turkish food, go to Wedding or Neukƶlln.
              Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

If I were travelling to Berlin I'ld definitely try to get a reservation at Margaux. Michael Hoffmann is one of the best chefs in Germany IMO. The cuisine is mostly vegetable focused, he basically grows every of the ingredients himself on a huge garden (2000 mĀ²) 70kms or so outside of Berlin. He only has one michelin star because he doesn't focus so much on the meat/fish dishes (e.g. foie gras and all of that)... Would def. be an experience you won't forget, I guess. But I'ld not recommend going there hungry
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Piffen
                  • Aug 2007

Hey,

I'lll be in Berlin for a couple of days and really would like to go out dancing tomorrow, on the 25th. Techno preferred. Or if Petra Flurr is around that would be good too.^^ Any leads? Or even better, anyone feel like meeting up and hanging out with a swede in exile?

Living/working in this petite ville in France at the moment. Now I know where the inspiration to all the generic empty-town-full-of-zombies-movies came from. Incroyable! I'm really fed up with trying to dance to Shakira and "irish reels" hotted up in Fruity loops in the local fake irish pub.

Thought this thread was the most appropriate.. Travel would've worked, The SZ guide to Berlin too and even the fantastic Berghain thread I suppose. But this contained these types of questions more frequently.

Cheers

Comment

• kanne
                    • Jun 2009

check your PMs...

Comment

• VonStraap
                      • Nov 2010

Has someone else tried Michelberger hotel in Friedrichshain?

I used that when last time visited Berlin. It's located close to East Side Gallery and S&U Bahn stops are both next to it. Just a couple of S stops from Darklands :)

Anyway, it's cheap (around EUR 70 per night), has cool staff + nice decor. Can highly recommend.
                      Last edited by VonStraap; 10-25-2011, 02:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

so is Berghain really that hard to get into if i go dressed sz style or will i simply be seen as an "Untermensch"? (did i use that correctly?)
                        worthy of all the talk?

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

I wouldn't rack my brains over this. I assume the last thing you want to do is dress totally different to get into a club.
                          I would definitely avoid words like Untermensch though.

Comment

• theshametrain
                            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                            so is Berghain really that hard to get into if i go dressed sz style or will i simply be seen as an "Untermensch"? (did i use that correctly?)
                            worthy of all the talk?
                            you will get in there if you re dressed sz style.

Comment

• almroth
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                              worthy of all the talk?
                              don't think too much about it, I'd say the most important thing is that you don't fool around in the queue or enter in large noisy groups. I wore rick skirtpants and a damir coat the last time I went there, no problem at all. piece of advice, go around 11am on a sunday. usually no queue, easier to get in and more fun. this was the advice all berliners gave me and I had a lot of fun to say the least. definitely worthy of all the talk.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                                • Feb 2010

^ and donĀ“t stare into the eyes of the bouncer, unless you wanna flirt with him :D

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎