• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Wow, just wow....
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chim View Post
      I don't really see the hate - this is one of the most anticipated collaborations of the year, and CdG has more than paid its dues if we're talking about if a brand is fashionably significant. Plus, H&M prices for classic CdG designs - seems like a no brainer. People have lined up for 10 days for a fucking Star Wars movie.
      if only it was so. I find it repulsive because people run into the store cutting other retards buying whatever shit they get there hands on - regardless of quality or in fact any other factors that make up a nice piece of clothing. some guy just wrote on sufu that he was "lucky enough to grab some things that werent that bad", another guy picked up 5 pieces and afterwards said that quality is shitty.

Originally posted by other mike on sf
      there was a woman paying in front of me and they told her she can't get more than 2 of each. she made a stupid face and they had to call the manager. he told her that he will put the doubles back up front and if nobody wants them she can have them. they were gone in seconds. her total was already over $1500. crazy shit i tell you.
      what.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I think I saw Laika with two ninja swords breaking down the doors. I kid, I kid - I am truly glad you got something worth buying!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
          At the risk of getting run off SZ...

I went to the store on Lex at 9. Did not wait in line at all--just strolled in with the crowd when the doors opened. I would say there were only about 100 people queuing up? I have never been to one of these things before and figured i would just watch from the sidelines, as i'm not much for competitive shopping. It was surprisingly civilized though--no snatching or fighting.

The clothes are a mixed bag. The polka dot pieces and plain wool jerseys are just ok--only marginally above ordinary h&m quality. They are definitely the filler pieces of the collection, as there were tons of them, and the staff kept bringing out more. [Ugly] bags were quite limited as were scarves, and people went cravy over these.

The good: Men's trench is very intricately detailed and a nice weight wool, much nicer than the women's. I didn't think the other men's stuff was anything great. The boiled wool jackets were all excellent--exceptionally well finished, especially on the inside

I did get two truly beautiful pairs of pants in luxury weight wool--one drop crotch, one jodhpur style. Amazing fit, also beautifully finished. Am extremely pleased with those and quite surprised about it.
          I'll definitely not run you off, as I have missed you around,
          but I have a hard time comprehending how one can first
          contemplate a gem of a Junya dress and then the next day
          be shopping at H&M. I'm not trying to be funny here, its just
          it something I can't do. After my first experiences with Helmut
          Lang, Ann Demeulemeester, Carol Christian Poell, I was caught
          and other disturbances has faded.
          So could you please explain, as I would like to understand?

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Wow, just wow....
            The was video was incredible, almost surreal [especially with max richter playing in the background on my itunes] like something out of Koyaanisqatsi...

i really struggle to understand this...

funny enough i walked by the the copenhagen store and it was pretty quite, even with the enormouis cdg posters out front.

Comment

• Silver
              • Sep 2008

That video just made me feel a little sick......

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

looking at the "fit pics" from someone about to put shit up for sale on sufu, that step-front button up shirt looks kinda neat, but fuck it.

In the end it's still hype.

I'm being entertained by the increasing number of items on ebay. Around 11 am it was 30... now it's 130... let's see what it's at by tonight.

... also I love how people are saying some shit is "unreleased"
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• baby
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  With all due respect - how many of these people knew Comme des Garcons before this? Not many. It's dogshit - marketing hype to feed the fatuous who want nothing but another fucking logo. These people are not buying garments - they are buying a name. And they don't even fucking care what name at is, as long as it's even remotely supposed to be cool and cheap enough to buy into. The word "designer" is enough to make them wet. This is commerce at its worst and Rei can explain it away all she wants
                  yeah that's what i find strange. i can understand in places like NY or any big fashion city people convincing themsleves cdg is cool and wanting to buy into this; but people were going crazy here too and based on their general aesthetic they should actually hate CDG's guts to death. i mean it seems like if youre willing to go this crazy for the shit ud be just as willing to save up a few pay cheques and buy some of the real shit when it goes on sale or whatever but something tells me that won't ever happen with the majority of these poof-balls.

oh and the famous cropped pants whats his face is wearing in all the pictures of c-diem boots etc on atelier are h&m. or atleast casius mentioned that sometime ago. i just thought everyone should know gluuh gluuhg lhggg
                  Originally posted by pipcleo
                  if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• gerry
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                    I'll definitely not run you off, as I have missed you around,
                    but I have a hard time comprehending how one can first
                    contemplate a gem of a Junya dress and then the next day
                    be shopping at H&M. I'm not trying to be funny here, its just
                    it something I can't do. After my first experiences with Helmut
                    Lang, Ann Demeulemeester, Carol Christian Poell, I was caught
                    and other disturbances has faded.
                    So could you please explain, as I would like to understand?

The stuff designed by CDG (well, at least the most recent collection – the season before is a different story) and Junya currently cannot be reproduced by H&M. I'd like to see H&M make double layer shirts that twist across your body and sit perfectly. I'm not accustomed to paying retail for anything but Junya was the first designer that I did that for because when I saw it, I must have stared at it for a couple minutes because I couldn't understand how it was constructed...

Anyways, CDG's collections when they first showed in Paris, or at least their aesthetic, are something that can easily be put out there by H&M. Even though I think it's no longer true, the aesthetic that is attributed to CDG is the entire black, asymmetrical, torn up bit in a very loose silhouette.

Here's a CDG jacket from 1980.

I think in her interviews, Kawabuko made it pretty clear that the H&M collab was going to be very much about CDG as a brand versus her current vision. When I see the H&M pieces, I don't see the next collection for CDG, I just see pieces that define CDG as a brand.

Anyways, my point is while I can't see Junya customers buying into this, I can definitely see CDG people doing so as let's be honest... the CDG customer now are the ones who buy those silly little patent wallets.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by baby View Post
                      yeah that's what i find strange. i can understand in places like NY or any big fashion city people convincing themsleves cdg is cool and wanting to buy into this; but people were going crazy here too and based on their general aesthetic they should actually hate CDG's guts to death. i mean it seems like if youre willing to go this crazy for the shit ud be just as willing to save up a few pay cheques and buy some of the real shit when it goes on sale or whatever but something tells me that won't ever happen with the majority of these poof-balls.

oh and the famous cropped pants whats his face is wearing in all the pictures of c-diem boots etc on atelier are h&m. or atleast casius mentioned that sometime ago. i just thought everyone should know gluuh gluuhg lhggg
                      everything changes when you can buy the name for cheap. Suddenly it's "not so bad"
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• I thought the quality was better than what H&M usually releases, and the finishing details felt thought through, so I got my brother who walks around in tshirts and sneakers three shirts. He was really happy, and they fit him well :) I wish I could've grabbed a scarf, but they were out by lunch. when I came there there were not that many people around, about the same as any other saturday.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                          I thought the quality was better than what H&M usually releases, and the finishing details felt thought through
                          That's what I thought - I was pleasantly surprised by almost every piece in that regard. Wasn't really feeling the fit on some of it though, like the peacoat for instance.
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• well, it's rare to see peacoats with a good fit. People always look so chunky and boxy in them. But I liked the fit of the shirts. too bad I never managed to see any of the pants. the only ones left were the ones sold in suits.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I hate peacoats.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• somanycakes
                                • Oct 2008

The clothing itself definitley wasn't worth the wait, I just went for the fun of it, but I got to meet some new people and the mayhem of the actual store opening was absolutely hilarious. I don't think I've ever expereinced anything so downright ridiculous in my entire life.
                                I managed to get my hands on one of the side zip wool coats in a size 4 after some woman came out of a changeroom declaring it was too small. Quality is actually totally fine on the coat, I think a lot of the complaints were unwarrented. Either way, the entire thing was way overhyped. It was outrageous, though, the men's section was entirely cleared out within 5-8 minutes, not a single thing left on any of the racks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎