Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Apr 2008

wow... that's a lot of reasons to start hating Comme des Garcons...
    Originally posted by merz
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

if you like comme des garcons there is nothing here that would get you anywhere near "hate". if you don't like it you may feel compounded in your views.

Comment

• Jon
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        if you like comme des garcons there is nothing here that would get you anywhere near "hate". if you don't like it you may feel compounded in your views.
        I like Comme des Garcons, and I think Rei is a genius. I just hate how the brand has become diluted and cheapened with all the collaborations and diffusions, etc. I hated the concept of a once highly regarded brand being mass-produced in sub-par factories and pumped into H & M (and lending their name to endless crap projects). But I guess that makes sense - CdG has schizophrenia.
        Originally posted by merz
        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

fair enough jon, i can understand that. i suppose i meant that the pieces are as good as could be expected.

Comment

• Sep 2008

Faust - "Ok, now I can say that these look good. Love the Rei haircut on the female model (should've done the same for the male)."

Haha!!! They SHOULD of done that with the male model!!!! So good....!
            Photobucket

Comment

• reborn
              • Aug 2008

just read...

As giant retailers such as H&M pair up with the world’s fashion elite, they’ve created semi-affordable fashion with COMME des GARCONS’ upcoming collection for H&M a strong representative of this concept (although some concerns have surfaced regarding pricing). Known for its innovative styles, COMME des GARCONS’ multiple lines have created a brand which covers many different themes and directions. Their collection for H&M features a by-their standards conservative measure of avant-grade styling which this keeps in perfect line due to the mainstream nature of H&M. The line will release in early November in Japan with a worldwide featuring at select H&M stores on November 13th.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Based on the pics alone, this is the best high fashion designer/H&M collaboration thus far, and probably the one closest to the designer's original vision.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• reborn
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                  Based on the pics alone, this is the best high fashion designer/H&M collaboration thus far, and probably the one closest to the designer's original vision.

I saw another article that mentioned how closely Rei and Adrian Joffe worked on production with H&M...this also might explain why the prices will be higher than previous collabs and H&M merchandise in general.

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    Agreed, but it's not like the bar was set that high in the first place.

I would like to see who ends up buying and wearing this.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                      Agreed, but it's not like the bar was set that high in the first place.

I would like to see who ends up buying and wearing this.
                      ...and for how long.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boysdontcryy
                        • Oct 2008

All good. Sometimes, designers might depart from their quintessential style when they design for a diffusion line or for a collaboration. Not Rei I see.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Lots of pictures, and a little surprise - the prices aren't exactly H&Mish...
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boysdontcryy
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Lots of pictures, and a little surprise - the prices aren't exactly H&Mish...
                            Have no idea. So the prices are more along the CDG Play line or sorts? What's the estimate?

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                              • May 2008

I don't think the prices are bad, really 75 USD for a shirt? That doesn't hurt my wallet and about 220 USD for a suit. I think the prices are okay. Atleast thats the prices I've read in a Danish fashion magazine.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                                • May 2008

I found these scans. The editorial is called "soul city" and it's styled by Erin Wasson. It's from the November issue of the Japanese Vogue.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎