• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
    what do you drink? or want tips on? I am a wealth of information on Australian Reds, some whites and Southern Australian Sparkling wines.
    Throw some Shiraz recommendations my way, please. I like Rosemont (obviously?), but would like to try something else.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by feynmix View Post
      I am a fan of Old Monk, but its mighty hard to find it in the US. Where have you been able to find it?

As for drinking, I have been basically going back and forth between vodka tonics and beer. Magic Hat No. 9 in particular. Any beer fans here should definitely try to get their hands on this beer.

My favorite beer whilst up in the northeast. Can't find it down here in hell.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
        • Apr 2008

St Germain and apple, light and sweet
        Zubrowska and apple, something slightly stronger
        towards the end of the night usually
        either Frangelico or Kulula with milk id add a bit of gomme syrup and creme de cacao (clear).

i like stuff pretty sweet
        sometimes also drink Sailor Grerry, Amarula and Grand Marnier
        and if im feeeling really cheap/trashy tropical Sours with lemonade

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

I have been absolutely loving aVinYo Di D'Agulla. It's simple, cheap, easy-drinking and perfect for spring. It's like Vinho Verde grew up.

Also, North Coast Chouffe La Merle is one of this year's best beers.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Real Real
            • Feb 2007

There's this thread.

Some recent highlights are a couple of bottles of Ridge Geyserville 2007 and 2006 (go for the 2007), 07 Joh Jos Prum Graacher Himmelreiss Auslese and Spatlese, a lot of Bear Republic 5 IPA, some Allagash Curieux, and Dogfish Head Paulo Santo Marron. I also like the Budweiser aluminum bottles (they're so cold), now that it's getting hot and humid.

I've been fooling around with Tiki drinks using different bottles of Plantation Rum (http://www.plantationrum.com/en/) - great company, rums from different countries, Panama, Guyana, Jamaica, all dated with their vintage.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
              • Jan 2007

At home, Campari Soda all summer long. At the bar, Gimlets. In terms of wine, I'm a big fan of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc - not many other wines are so drinkable at such a low price.
              Originally posted by jogu
              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Pinoy
                • Dec 2006

Had dinner at a very special japanese yakitori place last night with some friends. The chef is known for collecting ridiculous first growth wines and proudly displays empty wine bottles all over the restaurant.

While drinking a modest 2005 Roger Perrin Chateauneuf du Pape, I casually looked over to the adjacent table and was shocked to find a fellow drinking a 1959 Latour!
                Last edited by Pinoy; 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• gone
                  • Oct 2009

I want to revive this thread!

Most of the time I drink beer. Usually norwegian lagers, Hansa is my favorite pilsner, and Frydenlund bayer is my other favorite everyday beer. When I want something more special, i usually go for Nøgne Ø (my favorite is their bitter, it's so deliciously hoppy), the science student association pub at my university has an exellent selection of beers (actually one of the better in Oslo) at low prices.

I'm also very much into norwegian aquavit. Aquavit has become my favorite distilled beverage, especially "Gammel Reserve" (Old Reserve). I hope some other scandinavians reads this so we can fight about which country has the best aquavit. Anyone else here who likes this stuff?

When I just want to get drunk I buy some neutral rum and mix it with something. Sometimes I also get my hands on some pure alcohol (I have chemistry-student friends) which is excellent for making punch for larger parties.

Comment

• viv1984viv
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
                    Had dinner at a very special japanese yakitori place last night with some friends. The chef is known for collecting ridiculous first growth wines and proudly displays empty wine bottles all over the restaurant.

While drinking a modest 2005 Roger Perrin Chateauneuf du Pape, I casually looked over to the adjacent table and was shocked to find a fellow drinking a 1959 Latour!
                    Wow. Id be shocked, thats as high end as you can get. How was the roger perrin?
                    Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• ronin
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2009

I had my first glass of cold sake ever a few days ago at Issé. It was Gin no kurenai, very soft with a delicate floral taste. I never imagined sake could taste this soft and fresh, as I only had tasted warm version before. I really enjoyed it, I'm thinking of getting to know sake better, there seem to be so many nuances.

Comment

• Shadowvault
                        • Oct 2014

I recently tasted some Nikka coffey malt whisky.Thats it for me,best whisky hands down.And pretty good value for money too considering the other alternatives

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Rediscovering my affection for brandy, ie, cognac, armagnac, calvados. I've often thought of whisky as a social drink, as it's fairly consistent throughout the course of drinking, so you can come back to it between conversations and its flavor hasn't changed much. But the flavor of brandy develops over the course of drinking, and without an undivided attention, a lot of the experience could be missed.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            Rediscovering my affection for brandy, ie, cognac, armagnac, calvados. I've often thought of whisky as a social drink, as it's fairly consistent throughout the course of drinking, so you can come back to it between conversations and its flavor hasn't changed much. But the flavor of brandy develops over the course of drinking, and without an undivided attention, a lot of the experience could be missed.
                            Norlan glasses will help. Soon available in black.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

I never was a brandy fan, but found Germain-Robin's brandy truly wonderful. Perhaps a well stocked bar near you might have it by the glass before you commit to a bottle.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep an eye out for it. I've been drinking this

Supposedly the peak of an armagnac is 20-30 years of aging before bottling. That blew my mind, that it literally takes generations refine an armagnac distillation/aging process. If you sourced some grapes and made a batch today, you'd have to wait 20-30 years to see how it would turn out, and if you were looking to achieve something specific, you'd have to rely on the education/palate of your progeny as well as effectively communicating the idea. That's serious dedication to a craft, in that you only might not even get to experience the result of your life's labor.
                                Last edited by DudleyGray; 08-31-2017, 08:35 AM.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎