Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'The Black Trouser Project' - Ann Sofie-Back, Aitor Throup, Patrick Ervell, Todd Lynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrinceOfCats
    • Jan 2007

'The Black Trouser Project' - Ann Sofie-Back, Aitor Throup, Patrick Ervell, Todd Lynn

Can't see this being well-loved on S/Z but just to prove it's not just Rei on the bandwagon here goes nothing.

Can't find a review of it anywhere, Dazed & Confused had some advertorial on it.

Tried them all on yesterday. The fabrics are horrid.
    the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another
  • Chim
    • Dec 2006

wow I had no idea this existed. the Aitor throupe ones actually look pretty interesting. How were the fits?

Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

You'd figure that at 60 quid a pop, they'd use something better than polyester. Quite boring in terms of design too (though the Aitor Throup ones look the most interesting out of the bunch).

Comment

• Who?
        • Aug 2007

If I was on top of things I definitely would have picked up a pair of the throup pants (maybe the lynn pants too). They look just about perfect as far as skinny drop crotch pants go and ever since I saw the drawing on the left I have been slightly obsessed with the idea.
        WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
          • Jan 2007

Fits were okay but the fabric really didn't help. Most of them were wool but it was this horrible twill that draped like spandex leggings. The Ann Sofie-Back pair weren't helped by not having any kind of fastening apart from the mini-belt.

I don't know what you can see from the pictures so I'll mention that the Lynn and the Hamilton have buttoned openings from the ankles. The Hamilton pair also have a blue basting type stitch while the Throup pair are like articulated in the back of the knees.

Comment

• Who?
            • Aug 2007

Unfortunately for us merz they are sold out online so we will have to bank on the generosity of others to proxy a pair.
            WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
              • Jan 2007

Throups are very much sold out instore also.

Comment

• Chim
                • Dec 2006

how is it possible that with all of our collective knowledge we were able to miss the only mass produced item that our hero aitor throup created???

Comment

• Yan
                  • Mar 2008

Im going to put in an order later if anyone wants a proxy. No fee. The Thorup ones are obviously sold out but the Lynn and the TM design ones are still pretty decent for the money.
                  Last edited by Yan; 08-31-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Hit me up the day before opening - I'll see what I can do.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

keep checking racked.com. I check it sporadically.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                        I will fo sho. I just need to know when the damn thing opens - hopefuly someone might be able to contribute some additional info on this? Oh god, at this rate i'm tempted to just get in touch with aitor and baller my way to a few custom pieces

you guys realise he does have a working atelier where he does commissioned work for individual baller clients, right?
                        Money will buy you anything and just about everything my friend. With enough Franklins, any of our favorite designers will make you anything.

With enough backing, I'm sure I could get Altieri to make me a leather bag made specifically to carry 2 baby turtles, a bottle of wine, a raw chicken and 4 quarters. No more, no less.

That being said... I'm very curious about these Aitor pants! Love to see what they're like once people are able to get their hands on them. Good luck to you Merz!

Aitor has developed quite a following even though his clothes are damn near impossible to acquire.
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

i got the Todd Lynn ones. not bad. the cut's not terrifically flattering, but for the price, they're pretty good. the detailing's ok; i guess the Aitor Throup ones would be markedly different because of their shape, but i feel like you get what you pay for. does The Library carry Aitor Throup still? in the men.style.com video, they have some Aitor Throup installation hanging.

Comment

• mizzar
                            • Mar 2008

on subj

topman U.S. site is up and runing.
                            So is the Black Trousers Project

link

The Black Trouser U. S.

Only Tim Hamilton and Ann-Sofie Back is in stock right now,
                            but i have hope to see Aitor's black tousers too.

P.s. And yaaayy! prices in $.
                            ____
                            sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

dear god, everyone rips on the raf simons collabs, but throup follows up stone island with polyester pants for topman?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎