Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikemikemike
    • Jun 2011

are there any retailers left in new york that still carry tva? last time i was in manhattan i couldnt find a single one.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Not that I know of
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
        • Sep 2009

Thanks Faust and Arkady -- great tips and excited to change up the coasts :)
        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Arkady
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by mononon View Post
          Thanks Faust and Arkady -- great tips and excited to change up the coasts :)
          No problem, feel free to get in touch if you need anything. I'm a bit more responsive on Facebook and LinkedIn, but not difficult to find.

I also have a fantastic broker I can send you who's always found exactly what I'm looking for on the first tour and only takes one month of rent.

Comment

• gawkrodger
            • Jun 2013

I'm in NYC (based in bed-stu Brooklyn) for the next week. Any recommendations for cultural events/interesting things etc appreciated

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
              I'm in NYC (based in bed-stu Brooklyn) for the next week. Any recommendations for cultural events/interesting things etc appreciated
              David Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, if that's your thing.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gawkrodger
                • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                David Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, if that's your thing.
                aye, did see that but figured it's essentially the same as the one at the V&A from a few years ago. May give it a crack on Friday morning if it's substantially different. Will check the reviews. Going to check out the Peter Hujar at the Morgan Library tomorrow

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

Takashi Murakami at Perrotin starting today
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• eleves
                    • Sep 2012

https://blankforms.org/events/marginal-consort/

Tonight!
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

I play drums in a pretty cool band and we've got a show tmr night at Gold Sounds in Brooklyn with a killer line up. We're kinda shoegaze/post-rock (come for the intricate noisy guitar work and angelic melodies!)

Event Page
                      IG

Our music was featured in the campaign video for Robert Geller.
                      LINK
                      music

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

anyone going to the SZ BBS Black event Thurs? Now I'm in NYC, I'm looking forward to getting more involved!
                        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

lots of people going......
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

Visiting NYC again after nearly 2 years and wanted to know if there were any new stores worth checking out. My (admittedly old) hit list is:
                            BBS
                            Rick
                            Atelier
                            Hotoveli
                            IF
                            DSM

Will be staying at The Roxy in Tribeca so restaurant recommendations around the area would be appreciated. Travelling with my son who will be 20 months old so no degustations but otherwise open to suggestions!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

IDOL in Williamsburg should be added, I suppose. Nothing new in the city though. I honestly don't know about DSM. The last time I went there, all I was thinking of, "It's become a store for teenagers."

Terra is my go to restaurant in TriBeCa, walking distance from your hotel. Just a fantastic, unpretentious Italian spot with great food and wine. Get the off-the-menu octopus, and raw tuna and avocado salad and a glass of Barbera and nothing is better. Reservations on RESY. EN Japanese is a short Uber ride away (you can request one with a car seat). Good coffee and "pizza" and sandwiches at Grandaisy bakery, which self-explanatorily makes its own bread, also very close.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Cheers E, not sure if we'll make it to Idol as we only have 3 full days there (one of which will be dedicated to family stuff) but will see. DSM is more out of morbid curiosity than anything else really at this point..

Thanks for the recommendations (and the hot tip on Uber, did not know that was an option so would save us lugging a car seat around Manhattan), EN Japanese in particular looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎