X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by casem View Post
    Hey everyone, this Saturday I'm doing a sound installation in downtown Jersey City (10 min from Manhattan!). It's free and you can come anytime between 8:30-10:30pm and listen as long as you want. Hope some of you can make it!

Will be posting some previews here as it nears: ssoundbath

cool, its after sunset so i might swing by.........
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

That would be great! For those who think Jersey City is too remote, it's less than 10 min from WTC, come check out the shops at WTC and swing by to hear some sounds in the evening! Also lots of nice bars and restaurants to explore in the area. ;-)

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      cool, its after sunset so i might swing by.........
      music

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I've put up an excerpt of the track from last Saturday's event. Though it was more epic in person this gives you a taste:
        SSOUNDBATH: 1

I hope to do more in the future in and around NYC. I like the idea of site specific sound installations: part performance, part ritual, part social gathering. HMU if you have ideas for spaces.

Originally posted by casem View Post
        Hey everyone, this Saturday I'm doing a sound installation in downtown Jersey City (10 min from Manhattan!). It's free and you can come anytime between 8:30-10:30pm and listen as long as you want. Hope some of you can make it!

Will be posting some previews here as it nears: ssoundbath
        music

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Sorry to spam this thread with another event of mine but... in my continuing goal to provide Jersey City with avant-garde electronic music, I'll be playing a set at Jersey City Art Exchange this Friday. It's a really cool new venue my friend is starting up and they are putting on great events every week. The other musicians on Friday's line-up are also making really interesting music and definitely worth seeing.

My set will be around 9pm.

DETAILS
          music

Comment

• goldsamxo
            • Jan 2017

What are the best grocery stories around West Village? I currently live on Parson's Campus w/ a full kitchen (no meal plan) and right buy the Whole Foods - which I like, but we all know it's expensive. Really just want to get stuff like lunch-meats for sandwiches & vegetables / frozen stuff to make for dinner.
            Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
            Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Ha, you live in West Village - Whole Foods IS the cheapest grocery store. You can do perfectly fine there shopping on sale. But if you want to walk a bit further, the Trader Joe's is on 14th and 3rd Ave. There is another Trader Joe's on 6th and 20th (I think). Neither is ideally close, but not too far. The best baguette and premade sushi are at Citarella on 6th ave and 10th st.

Also, if you want to save money, find a roommate and get the hell out of that dorm.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goldsamxo
                • Jan 2017

I've been working on a NYC list of tools / shops for my own personal projects I've been doing
                Going to post it here, and if you have any recommendations - I'll add to a list! If Faust or anyone wants to me, I can make a thread about it (this is only NYC)

Leather;
                NAT Leather
                248 W 35th St.

Leather Suede Skins
                261 W 35th St.

Leather Impact Inc.
                240 W 35th St.

Aaron Leather
                154 W 27th St.

Tools;
                Purl Soho
                459 Broome St.

Metalliferous Inc. (Metalworking Tools)
                34 W 46th St. (#3)

Zak Jewelry Tools (Tools? Jewelry?)_
                55 W 47th St. (2nd Floor)

Allcraft Jewelry Supply
                135 W 29th St.

Hardware;
                Barneys Hardware Inc.
                467 6th Ave.

Warshaw Hardware
                248 3rd Ave.

CHP Hardware Store
                120th Avenue C

Fabric;
                Fabric & Fabric
                270 W 38th St. (3rd Floor)

Mood Fabrics
                225 W 37th St.

AK Fabrics
                257 W 39th St.

Pins & Needles NYC
                1045 Lexington Ave.

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Party tomorrow! RSVP to rsvp@nycult.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Fun times last night..............
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• julian_doe
                      • Mar 2013

Hi, SZ.

Has anyone visited the restaurant Dirt Candy on Allen St.?

I follow a vegan diet, and will be traveling to New York and Philly in September. My girlfriend and I were wondering if anyone had feedback to share in regards to this restaurant...which honestly seems pretty rad.

Thanking you in advance,

Julian

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                        Hi, SZ.

Has anyone visited the restaurant Dirt Candy on Allen St.?

I follow a vegan diet, and will be traveling to New York and Philly in September. My girlfriend and I were wondering if anyone had feedback to share in regards to this restaurant...which honestly seems pretty rad.

Thanking you in advance,

Julian
                        Yeah, I've been there. Was pretty good. Have only been there once though cause I wasn't blown away/filled for the price.

Don't know how well you know the NYC vegan food scene, or how long you're staying but here are some of my recs.

If you can get reservations at Kajistu, it's a vegan restaurant with a Michelin star.

Hangawi is pretty fantastic. You have to take your shoes off at the door.

My favorite newest place is Delice & Sarrasin, authentic french food - all vegan. Plus it's right nearby the BBS store. There's also a Belgian beer bar, Vol de Nuit, right nearby as well.

For something amazingly trashy/indulgent go hit up Cinnamon Snail and Champs.

There's a vegan cheese shop in Brooklyn called Riverdel and they also do vegan croissants, but it's a bit out of the way.
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                          Plus it's right nearby the BBS store.

things like this tend to convince me way more than they should
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• julian_doe
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                            Yeah, I've been there. Was pretty good. Have only been there once though cause I wasn't blown away/filled for the price.

Don't know how well you know the NYC vegan food scene, or how long you're staying but here are some of my recs.

If you can get reservations at Kajistu, it's a vegan restaurant with a Michelin star.

Hangawi is pretty fantastic. You have to take your shoes off at the door.

My favorite newest place is Delice & Sarrasin, authentic french food - all vegan. Plus it's right nearby the BBS store. There's also a Belgian beer bar, Vol de Nuit, right nearby as well.

For something amazingly trashy/indulgent go hit up Cinnamon Snail and Champs.

There's a vegan cheese shop in Brooklyn called Riverdel and they also do vegan croissants, but it's a bit out of the way.
                            Thank you SO much, Ahimsa.

These recommendations are great. And yes...Delice & Sarrasin sounds perfect, haha. Every recipe looks incredible!

I have only been to NY once before, and my favorite Vegan dish was the BBQ Sausage Pizza from Vinnie's Pizzeria in Brooklyn...which compared to these recommendations seems very mediocre...

Comment

• goldsamxo
                              • Jan 2017

Kajistu is personally my favorite restaurant in NYC. It isn't as pricey as you'd expect for a Michelin Star restaurant. Been there a few times with my parents when they've come to visit me in the City thanks to Gordon Ramsey's recommendation online and it's incredible. Must eat for a trip to the city!

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                                Thank you SO much, Ahimsa.

These recommendations are great. And yes...Delice & Sarrasin sounds perfect, haha. Every recipe looks incredible!

I have only been to NY once before, and my favorite Vegan dish was the BBQ Sausage Pizza from Vinnie's Pizzeria in Brooklyn...which compared to these recommendations seems very mediocre...
                                If you enjoy Japanese food there's also EN Japanese Brasserie which is even closer to BBS, and they have a vegan prix fixe besides a lot of other options. Have been there with Faust a few times, who can also vouch for how good it is.

Feel free to PM if you are looking for anything specific or location based.
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎