Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maldoror
    • Jun 2007

fwiw, if dining is your primary concern, I would avoid morimoto or any other starr restaurant group offering. the food is not, and never has been, the point of what he does.

Comment

• docintheory
      • May 2008

Question for you NYer's, I might be flying into NYC in a week or two and I am finding that flights are significantly cheaper to Newark International than JFK or LGA. Never taken a taxi in NYC, about how much would a taxi cost from Newark airport to the Central Park? Is there any cheaper transport (ie public) from Newark to NYC?

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

never can remember the exact taxi amount but $45 plus tolls and tip so ends up being around $60+. dont think i have ever paid too much more. might be a little more to go up to the park though.

right from the airport you can take the nj transit into penn station and then grab the nyc subway- costs about $8 or something like that.

i always take a taxi or order a car did the bag thing once in the subway- not going to happen again...
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• docintheory
          • May 2008

Originally posted by kira View Post
          never can remember the exact taxi amount but $45 plus tolls and tip so ends up being around $60+. dont think i have ever paid too much more. might be a little more to go up to the park though.

right from the airport you can take the nj transit into penn station and then grab the nyc subway- costs about $8 or something like that.

i always take a taxi or order a car did the bag thing once in the subway- not going to happen again...
          THANKS kira! :) Hmmm at a cost of $60 extra, it almost seems it'll even out flying into JFK - gives me some options to think about. I am going to look into taking NJ transit.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
            Question for you NYer's, I might be flying into NYC in a week or two and I am finding that flights are significantly cheaper to Newark International than JFK or LGA. Never taken a taxi in NYC, about how much would a taxi cost from Newark airport to the Central Park? Is there any cheaper transport (ie public) from Newark to NYC?
            Just take a shuttle bus or Supershuttle. Avoid LGA if you can, this airport should be leveled and rebuilt.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Just take a shuttle bus or Supershuttle. Avoid LGA if you can, this airport should be leveled and rebuilt.

i always forget about supershuttle...
              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                I was thinking wd-50 as well
                If it's not too late DON'T
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                  If it's not too late DON'T
                  Why not A? Bad experience? It seems to be hit or miss with those that have gone.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Why not A? Bad experience? It seems to be hit or miss with those that have gone.
                    I was warning against it because of what Mike initially wrote. I just can't see anyone's parents enjoying the place. I thought it was okay but all my food snob friends diss the place...

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

actually I was talking to my father yesterday and e-mailed him a link to wd-50 and he was all hyped up about going there

I've read a lot about how it can be hit or miss, but I think its worth a try.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

I was warning against it because of what Mike initially wrote. I just can't see anyone's parents enjoying the place. I thought it was okay but all my food snob friends diss the place...
                        Hahaha, that's funny :)

I think it all depends on what kind of food snob you are. You gotta be down with "soils", freeze dried pistachios, and shrimp noodles you squirt out of a little bottle
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                          actually I was talking to my father yesterday and e-mailed him a link to wd-50 and he was all hyped up about going there

I've read a lot about how it can be hit or miss, but I think its worth a try.
                          Then I'm sure you guys will have fun! I took my wife there for her birthday several years ago and it scared the hell out of her. But she's very particular about what she eats and not very adventurous when it comes to food.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

yea my folks are very much into food, its just that when they go by their selves they tend to stick to popular but somewhat safe options, so it should be a good adventure for them.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Then I'm sure you guys will have fun! I took my wife there for her birthday several years ago and it scared the hell out of her. But she's very particular about what she eats and not very adventurous when it comes to food.
                              BTW, apparently your wife decided to kill me. While we were sipping beer and talking Poell on that memorable spring night, she recommended some seafood place on sheepshead bay to my friends, so they twisted my hand into going there. jesus fucking christ - i've never seen so many rednecks in one place in new york city. the place gave me The Fear.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

went to wd-50 yesterday, it was interesting and taste-wise good, but nothing mind blowing. interesting combinations as you'd expect, a couple of brilliant things, a couple of bland ones. in my opinion its worth a try.

was at ino today, and it was fantastic, excellent paninis so thanks for the suggestion

also ate at Shorty's .32 (random walk-in pick) and it was pretty cool. packed, super dim lighting, kind of loud and most importantly really good food and very friendly service.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎