Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1461

Thread: New York thread

are there any retailers left in new york that still carry tva? last time i was in manhattan i couldnt find a single one.

Not that I know of
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks Faust and Arkady -- great tips and excited to change up the coasts :)
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Quote Originally Posted by mononon View Post
    Thanks Faust and Arkady -- great tips and excited to change up the coasts :)
    No problem, feel free to get in touch if you need anything. I'm a bit more responsive on Facebook and LinkedIn, but not difficult to find.

I also have a fantastic broker I can send you who's always found exactly what I'm looking for on the first tour and only takes one month of rent.

I'm in NYC (based in bed-stu Brooklyn) for the next week. Any recommendations for cultural events/interesting things etc appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by gawkrodger View Post
    I'm in NYC (based in bed-stu Brooklyn) for the next week. Any recommendations for cultural events/interesting things etc appreciated
    David Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, if that's your thing.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    David Bowie exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, if that's your thing.
    aye, did see that but figured it's essentially the same as the one at the V&A from a few years ago. May give it a crack on Friday morning if it's substantially different. Will check the reviews. Going to check out the Peter Hujar at the Morgan Library tomorrow

Takashi Murakami at Perrotin starting today
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    How did the hat get there? Why does the hat like oreos? Is the hat catholic?

HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

I play drums in a pretty cool band and we've got a show tmr night at Gold Sounds in Brooklyn with a killer line up. We're kinda shoegaze/post-rock (come for the intricate noisy guitar work and angelic melodies!)

Event Page
    IG

Our music was featured in the campaign video for Robert Geller.
    LINK

anyone going to the SZ BBS Black event Thurs? Now I'm in NYC, I'm looking forward to getting more involved!
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

lots of people going......
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Visiting NYC again after nearly 2 years and wanted to know if there were any new stores worth checking out. My (admittedly old) hit list is:
    BBS
    Rick
    Atelier
    Hotoveli
    IF
    DSM

Will be staying at The Roxy in Tribeca so restaurant recommendations around the area would be appreciated. Travelling with my son who will be 20 months old so no degustations but otherwise open to suggestions!

IDOL in Williamsburg should be added, I suppose. Nothing new in the city though. I honestly don't know about DSM. The last time I went there, all I was thinking of, "It's become a store for teenagers."

Terra is my go to restaurant in TriBeCa, walking distance from your hotel. Just a fantastic, unpretentious Italian spot with great food and wine. Get the off-the-menu octopus, and raw tuna and avocado salad and a glass of Barbera and nothing is better. Reservations on RESY. EN Japanese is a short Uber ride away (you can request one with a car seat). Good coffee and "pizza" and sandwiches at Grandaisy bakery, which self-explanatorily makes its own bread, also very close.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Cheers E, not sure if we'll make it to Idol as we only have 3 full days there (one of which will be dedicated to family stuff) but will see. DSM is more out of morbid curiosity than anything else really at this point..

Thanks for the recommendations (and the hot tip on Uber, did not know that was an option so would save us lugging a car seat around Manhattan), EN Japanese in particular looks great.

Does anyone here live in LES and have any thoughts on the Two Bridges area? There are some new developments with nice incentives there that I am thinking of moving into but have heard mixed things about the neighborhood. Currently in UWS but thinking of Two Bridges or West Chelsea (very different I know). Just want to understand the general consensus on Two Bridges and the future of that area since I am still relatively new to the city.

So Atelier opened up a location in Flushing, Queens? Has anyone been?

Does anyone here live in LES and have any thoughts on the Two Bridges area? There are some new developments with nice incentives there that I am thinking of moving into but have heard mixed things about the neighborhood. Currently in UWS but thinking of Two Bridges or West Chelsea (very different I know). Just want to understand the general consensus on Two Bridges and the future of that area since I am still relatively new to the city.
    It really depends on what kind of a person you are. If you want youth and edge, I wouldn't hesitate and go for Two Bridges. The Canal St / East Broadway area is just great in terms of everything - from kids skating to small art galleries and cool bars. A lot of creative people have fled there from Soho / NoliTa / Williamsburg. But it's rough around the edges, there are a lot of projects. So, if you are on the posh side, you may want to opt for West Chelsea, which has some gorgeous blocks, and of course you are near all the galleries. But the High Line has completely ruined West Chelsea for me, and the Hudson Yards are the last nail in that coffin.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks Faust. Really helpful. I love the LES area - just haven't really ventured down to Two Bridges before. Then again, I see the area is starting a lot of new development and just completed the massive One Manhattan Square tower (which is the building I was thinking of). Agreed on West Chelsea - it's nice and posh and complete opposite of the more raw environment of Two Bridges and that side of LES.

Thanks Faust. Really helpful. I love the LES area - just haven't really ventured down to Two Bridges before. Then again, I see the area is starting a lot of new development and just completed the massive One Manhattan Square tower (which is the building I was thinking of). Agreed on West Chelsea - it's nice and posh and complete opposite of the more raw environment of Two Bridges and that side of LES.
    No offense, but I hate that building. It's so ugly, and it's going to bring the kind of people that will ruin the neighborhood.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine