Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374
Results 1,461 to 1,469 of 1469

Thread: New York thread

None taken - you have a valid point. It's a monster of a building and doesn't allow for organic and smooth inflow of newcomers into the area. There's just not a ton of offerings in that area today, and the building offers an attractive tax abatement which is almost impossible to find in Manhattan nowadays.
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

I don't know if this is better suited to this thread or "small questions", but—where do people go for alterations and the like? I just moved to brooklyn from berkeley where I took everything to advanced european tailoring; hoping to find a similarly reliable & open-minded place here.

Quote Originally Posted by oulipien View Post
    I don't know if this is better suited to this thread or "small questions", but—where do people go for alterations and the like? I just moved to brooklyn from berkeley where I took everything to advanced european tailoring; hoping to find a similarly reliable & open-minded place here.
    you come to Zfactorie,
    we are reopening our alterations arm under our 3R program.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    Visiting NYC again after nearly 2 years and wanted to know if there were any new stores worth checking out. My (admittedly old) hit list is:
    BBS
    Rick
    Atelier
    Hotoveli
    IF
    DSM

Will be staying at The Roxy in Tribeca so restaurant recommendations around the area would be appreciated. Traveling with my son who will be 20 months old so no degustations but otherwise open to suggestions!
    Hey guys, it's been a while! I'm in exotic NJ for work but am taking a late flight out on Thursday so I can spend a few hours in NYC. Anything else opened in the past year or two? I know sadly BBSNY is no more, maybe Barneys is worth a visit during the close out sale?

Hey guys, it's been a while! I'm in exotic NJ for work but am taking a late flight out on Thursday so I can spend a few hours in NYC. Anything else opened in the past year or two? I know sadly BBSNY is no more, maybe Barneys is worth a visit during the close out sale?
    Barneys is not worth a visit, unless you are going to Central Park anyway. I'd say you can take a peak at Totokaelo, since you are probably going to Rick and IF anyway. There is always Atelier!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Barneys is not worth a visit, unless you are going to Central Park anyway. I'd say you can take a peak at Totokaelo, since you are probably going to Rick and IF anyway. There is always Atelier!
    Thanks E, forgot about Totokaelo!

Thanks E, forgot about Totokaelo!

We now have Sugarfish, and despite the SoHo crowd the sushi is fab; definitely the best value for sushi ever.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    We now have Sugarfish, and despite the SoHo crowd the sushi is fab; definitely the best value for sushi ever.
    Sounds good E, I'll be on my lonesome so might try it if I pass by at a time that isn't crazy busy.

Checked out the usual suspects, only piece of particular interest in my size were the Guidi front zip sneakers. Ended up eating at Kopitiam (some serious nostalgia for my mum's cooking there) and EAK (not the best bowl of ramen I've had in NYC but solid).